COFFEE

Tigris

Fairly new drinker here. Only been downing the stuff for about 2 months. My wife wanted to Keurig so that's what she got her for birthday. I took a drink of something she made and that was all it took; hooked me.

I've been trying a wife variety of different coffees, but I'm still green enough to not know what to order when I see a list of things. I'm still in the stages of trying to find out what I like.

For the Keurig, I like Donut House (can't remember what flavor) and Breakfast Blend of Green Mountain Coffee (I think that's the brand). I had a cup of Folger's a month ago. I've been experimenting with shots in them but I don't think they're for me. Chocolate coffee, or at least the type I randomly bought from Kroger, is crap. Maybe it was called Columbian?

I don't use sugar... but creamer-wise, the Hershey's caramel and chocolate is delicious (weird because chocolate flavored coffee is no good to me).

I'm on my Paleo diet so only thing I can put in my coffee right now is unsweetened almond or coconut milk, but i just drink it black.

I get the Dunkin Donught KCups because they are the only ones that are sold around me that are arabaca bean based, which is a better more richer bean, so drinking it black isnt so bitter.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1350664039' post='1172196']

I don't use sugar... but creamer-wise, [b]the Hershey's caramel and chocolate is delicious[/b] (weird because chocolate flavored coffee is no good to me).
[/quote]
This is my favorite creamer! It's rich enough without being too sweet. Dunkin' Donuts coffee is probably my favorite, it's around $8 at my Kroger.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1350665417' post='1172202']
I'm on my Paleo diet so only thing I can put in my coffee right now is unsweetened almond or coconut milk, but i just drink it black.

I get the Dunkin Donught KCups because they are the only ones that are sold around me that are arabaca bean based, which is a better more richer bean, so drinking it black isnt so bitter.
[/quote]

Tim Horton's is arabica beans... and I find it not drinkable

[quote name='Bartledoo' timestamp='1350668680' post='1172217']

This is my favorite creamer! It's rich enough without being too sweet. Dunkin' Donuts coffee is probably my favorite, it's around $8 at my Kroger.
[/quote]

Tried the s'more yet? I don't know what I like better. I'll have both again Sunday.

If coffee tasted as good as it smelled, I'd drink it by the gallons. Not a big coffee fan, but it is growing on me lately, especially with flavor additives. Sounds like I need to check out the Hershey's Caramel & Chocolate stuff. Love the convenience and variety of the K-cups, especially considering the hot chocolates, hot teas, iced teas, ciders, etc.

Finally. Someone actually talks about coffee.

Never had Seven Hills, but Boston Stoker up in Dayton has some exceptional African coffees. I don't get to have it often living out west, but the last time I was in town the quality of their beans was the best that I could remember.

I'm a fan of African coffees in particular due to the bright, sparkling character; Harrar, Kenya, and Yrgacheffe with a darker roast are fantastic.

Back when I still had the equipment I'd make Toddy Coffee for iced coffee during the summer (Toddy is a cold-brewed highly condensed coffee).

Shit, I could ramble on about this for hours...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1350706493' post='1172309']
Finally. Someone actually talks about coffee.

Never had Seven Hills, but [color=#ff0000]Boston Stoker[/color] up in Dayton has some exceptional African coffees. I don't get to have it often living out west, but the last time I was in town the quality of their beans was the best that I could remember.

I'm a fan of African coffees in particular due to the bright, sparkling character; Harrar, Kenya, and Yrgacheffe with a darker roast are fantastic.

Back when I still had the equipment I'd make Toddy Coffee for iced coffee during the summer (Toddy is a cold-brewed highly condensed coffee).

Shit, I could ramble on about this for hours...
[/quote]

I know a Cafe in Middletown opening on Dec 1 that will be serving Boston Stoker.

:ninja:

[quote name='Bartledoo' timestamp='1350750601' post='1172350']
WIll they also serve delicious desserts...?
[/quote]

Indeed they will. :)

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1350753138' post='1172351']
Keruig machines is proof god exists, they are so awesome
[/quote]

This

I have a full blown addiction to Dunkin and have spent way more money at that establishment then id prefer to admit

I always stock my cubicle with an 80 pack of the folgers columbian k cups and beat that machine like a rented mule

I had the pleasure of enjoying fresh roasted 100% kona coffe every morning of my honeymoon in Hawaii a couple months ago and it was incredible, also stopped by a kona coffee plantation on a tour we did and got to sample some of their fresh product...Awesome stuff

Filtered mud made from burned beans.

:D

I never was much of a coffee drinker. I had black coffee once and it almost made me sick.

On the rare occasions I did drink coffee I put a lot of sugar and cream in it. And sometimes chocolate or cinamon.

I think of all the coffees I drank the one I tolerated best was Chase and Sandborn.

[quote name='Ben' timestamp='1351119928' post='1174352']
I use a Behmor 1600 drum roaster now. I started out with one of those stove top pop corn makers though...
[/quote]

Nice.

I still have 20 or so pounds of green Kenya from the Kagumo Estate circa 1994 or so. Greatest coffee ever grown as far as I'm concerned. Lugged across 4 states and have been looking for a way to get it roasted up right for a while now.

Tried the stove top roasting once and it didn't go over well. Roast was uneven and the neighbors asked if we were roasting our cats...

yeah it is tuff to get it quite right with stove top. There are certain brands of electric air poppers that are supposed to work really well. I would have to use the googles to look it up though.

I did not have time to roast for about 6 weeks there and just started up again recently. Fresh roasted coffee tastes so much better. The bean themselves are probably better quality to start with too.

The behmor was not cheap, but crazy expensive either. With the amount of coffee i drink, i think it has probably paid for itself. Green beans are cheaper too

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1351120616' post='1174356']
Nice.

I still have 20 or so pounds of green Kenya from the Kagumo Estate circa 1994 or so. Greatest coffee ever grown as far as I'm concerned. Lugged across 4 states and have been looking for a way to get it roasted up right for a while now.

Tried the stove top roasting once and it didn't go over well. Roast was uneven and the neighbors asked if we were roasting our cats...
[/quote]

• 4 months later...
I have Private Selection's (Kroger) Cinnamon Pastry and you could drink it black but it's missing something. Maybe the word I am looking for is boldness. I hear that a lot when reading about coffee taste. I just bought this Peet's Coffee... and in the words of my father and probably many fathers,"It'll put hair on your chest."

Archived