Chargers Week Notes

also, as someone else pointed out, the Chiefs account for 2 of the Chargers 4 wins.

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)][url="https://twitter.com/wingoz"][b]trey wingo[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]wingoz[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]This season, the Chargers have more takeaways in two games against the Chiefs (10) than they do in their nine other games combined (9)[/background][/font][/color]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1353947611' post='1185171']
also, as someone else pointed out, the Chiefs account for 2 of the Chargers 4 wins.

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245,245,245)][url="https://twitter.com/wingoz"][b]trey wingo[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]wingoz[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245,245,245)]This season, the Chargers have more takeaways in two games against the Chiefs (10) than they do in their nine other games combined (9)[/background][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Excellent point.

Here's how i see it playing out:

[b]Wk 13[/b]
[b]6-5[/b] Cincinnati @ SD- [b]W[/b].......Brings the them to [b]7-5[/b]

[b]7-4[/b] Ind @ Det- [b]L[/b]....Brings them to [b]7-5[/b]

[b]6-5 [/b]Pitts@ Balt- [b]L[/b]...Brings them to[b] 6-6[/b]

[b]Wk 14[/b]

Dal @ Cin([b]7-5[/b])- [b]W[/b]....Brings them to[b] 8-5[/b]

Ten @ Ind([b]7-5[/b])- [b]W[/b]....Brings them to [b]8-5[/b]

SD @ Pitts([b]6-6[/b])- [b]W[/b]...Brings them to [b]7-6[/b]

[b]Wk 15[/b]

([b]8-5[/b]) @ Phi- [b]W[/b]....Brings them to [b]9-5[/b]

([b]7-6[/b]) Pitts @ Dal- [b]W[/b]....Brings them to[b] 8-6[/b]

([b]8-5[/b]) Ind @ Hou- [b]L[/b]....Brings them to [b]8-6[/b]

[b]Wk 16[/b]

([b]9-5[/b]) Cin @ Pitts([b]8-6[/b])- [b]L[/b]....Brings them to[b] 9-6[/b] and Pitts to [b]9-6[/b]

([b]8-6[/b]) Ind @ KC- [b]W[/b]....Brings them to[b] 9-6[/b]

[b]Wk 17[/b]

Balt @ Cin([b]9-6[/b])- [b]W[/b]....Brings them to [b]10-6[/b]

([b]9-6[/b]) Ind @ Hou- [b]L[/b]....Brings them to [b]9-7[/b]

Cle @ Pitts([b]9-6[/b])- [b]W[/b]....Brings them to [b]10-6[/b]

[b]1- Hou[/b]
[b]2- Balt[/b]
[b]3- Den[/b]
[b]4- NE[/b]
[b]5- Pitts[/b]
[b]6- Cincinnati[/b]

*Either way if they keep to their winning ways Weeks 16 and 17 will be pivotal. Balt and Houston will have something to play for in the final week as home field throughout will be at stake.

*Bottom line they can go 4-1 in the last five games but they MUST either beat Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1353900927' post='1185008']
not sure if it counts today, but the Chargers are 2nd against the run. 16th against the pass.

Pass offense is 18th. Rush Offense is 23rd.
[/quote]

Yeah but their strength of schedule has to be up there with Rice's and East Tallahassee State's. They have played some of the worst teams in the league to include their own HORRIBLE division. The other teams in their division are a spectacular 12-21. The other teams in our division are 18-15.

If you remove Atlanta and Denver from their schedule, the other teams are a combined 31-46.

Looking at your scenario realistically, and I don't think we get in. I don't think Indy loses all of the games you have them losing. I don't think they are strong, but Houston will probably have the first seed wrapped up, and may bench their starters. Truthfully, I think all of these games are too close to call...

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1353950092' post='1185184']
Looking at your scenario realistically, and I don't think we get in. I don't think Indy loses all of the games you have them losing. I don't think they are strong, but Houston will probably have the first seed wrapped up, and may bench their starters. Truthfully, I think all of these games are too close to call...
[/quote]

It's very likely going to come down to our game vs Pittsburgh. Win and you're in for either team.

Here is how I see it.

[b]Week 13[/b]
Bengals win
Steelers lose
Colts Win
Texans win
Bronocs win
Jets win

We take a 1 game lead on the Steelers, Texans and Ravens remain #1 and #2 Seeds

[b]Week 14[/b]
Broncos win
Bengals win
Colts win
Steelers win
Ravens win
Patriots win
Jets win

We are still in, Texans and Ravens remain #1 and 2 Seeds

[b]Week 15[/b]
Bengals win
Broncos win
Texans win
Steelers win
San Fran wins
Jets win

Texans and Broncos are now the #1 and #2 seeds

[b]Week 16[/b]
Steelers win
Colts win
Texans win
Broncos win
Giants win
Jets win

This game is our make or break game against the Steelers, win and were in, lose and were going to need [b]ALOT[/b] of help
Texans and Broncos remain #1 and #2 seeds

[b]Week 17[/b]
Ravens win
Texans win
Pats win
Steelers win
Broncos win
Jets win

Texans and Broncos stay #1 and #2 seeds

No geting around it, we [b]have[/b] to beat the Steelers, because the way I have it worked out if we lose to both the Steelers and Ravens but beat everyone else, even if the Colts lose to the Texans 2xs and the Lions this week, that will put the Jets into the #6 seed.

This is exactly what I was worried about.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1353951246' post='1185198']
I have the seeding and records of the top 6 like this...

Hou - 14 -2
Den - 13-3
Bal - 12 - 4
NE - 12 - 4
Pitt - 10 - 6
NYJ - 9-7
[/quote]

Utterly ridiculous to think the Jets will win out. Poor attempt at humor. That team has no soul.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1353951524' post='1185203']
I know they look like they are falling apart, but look at who they are playing, all winnable games.
[/quote]

True the schedule does favor them but....its the Jets. I don't think 9-7 gets you in regardless.

Who knows how this all resolves. If we have to play a road game on Thursday night, it's nice to have it on the East Coast. It's also nice to have it against a team playing poorly... And even better that it gives us a mini-bye before the Steelers and Ravens.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1353951900' post='1185209']
the jets making the playoffs? Ha. Even Firemen Ed has quit on that team.
[/quote]

If the Jets were in Kansas City, we wouldn't even know who Firemen Ed is. Sick of teams like NY Jets and Dallas getting so much press when they basically suck or are marginal at best. Fuck both of them.

Also if the Jets do drop 1 and the Colts lose to the Texans 2xs and the Lions this week, but we win out except for Balt and Pitt, the Colts remain the #6 seed.

The path that we overtake the Colts is much harder than overtaking the Steelers, and thats not going to be easy.

Lets hope Ben doesnt come back any time soon.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1353951524' post='1185203']
I know they look like they are falling apart, but look at who they are playing, all winnable games, maybe the Titans beat them but the rest of their games are against bad teams.
[/quote]

Their practices are also against bad teams.

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1353952697' post='1185221']
Jesus Christ, I'll put my money on the Jets losing out over winning out.

I don't buy the Colts, smoke and mirrors IMO. They will lose 2-3 games over the coming weeks.

We're in a good spot right now.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say good but we do control our own destiny which is nice.

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1353950092' post='1185184']
[/quote]

Balt and Hou most certainly will have it wrapped up by then, however, they will have to play that final week as a win will earn them home field throughout the playoffs.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1353953228' post='1185227']
I just got this really bad feeling everything comes down to that Steelers game and were all going to be bitter all offseason.
[/quote]

We're definitely going to have to beat them unless they somehow lose 2 other games and we win every game except Pittsburgh.

Archived