The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - San Diego Chargers

how big is it that our team can turn the ball over 3 times in a place they typically lose at and come out on top? this game speaks tones to the mental toughness of this team and will serve us well going forward.

also how big was Dunlap today? man when he is hot he is HOT!!! having him on a hot streak should help down the stretch

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1354507897' post='1188124']
I might be mistaken but I think the only time you are blacked out is when the game is playing locally. It seems obvious, but did you check your local channels?
[/quote]
I checked every channel possible (Ravens/Steeler game was the only one offered on local channels and all direcTV channels including letting it search said it was unavailable).

I can't believe I was not allowed to watch the game even after paying for the NFL Ticket. My cousin (Vikings fan) couldn't find it either and he's in the Valley!

I mentioned it in the game thread but for the last two games now we've seen some monster holes open up on the right side of our line. BJGE doesn't look so slow when he's not getting hit in the backfield. I know it's a passing league but count me among those that believe you control the game when you can blow them off the line in the run game. I know Boiling has done well, but this single fact makes me intrigued to think about the camp battle next year with Wharton, who can make some hay in the running game.

[quote name='kriZENry' timestamp='1354508219' post='1188129']
I checked every channel possible (Ravens/Steeler game was the only one offered on local channels and all direcTV channels including letting it search said it was unavailable).

I can't believe I was not allowed to watch the game even after paying for the NFL Ticket. My cousin (Vikings fan) couldn't find it either and he's in the Valley!
[/quote]

Nah, he's right. Not only all of Los Angeles but up to Santa Barbara is considered 'local' to the fricken Chargers and was blacked out. I couldn't even see it at the bar I usually go to. Good thing I bought Replay, at least I can see it after 9 pm tonight.

Oh, the last 2 minutes were on after the Browns game.

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1354508260' post='1188131']
I mentioned it in the game thread but for the last two games now we've seen some monster holes open up on the right side of our line. BJGE doesn't look so slow when he's not getting hit in the backfield. I know it's a passing league but count me among those that believe you control the game when you can blow them off the line in the run game. I know Boiling has done well, but this single fact makes me intrigued to think about the camp battle next year with Wharton, who can make some hay in the running game.
[/quote]

today made me a believer of the running game. It's one thing to do it against bad run D's like the chiefs (24th) and raiders (28th). However, the Chargers had the 6th best Run D and was only giving up 3.8ypc. BJGE averaged 4.7ypc today.

[quote name='alleycat' timestamp='1354508260' post='1188131']
[/quote]

One of the many thing a run game can give you in the pass is to make the DE's think twice about all out rushing. A few times they get beat by a RB behind them and they start to think about what to do.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1354508416' post='1188132']
Nah, he's right. Not only all of Los Angeles but up to Santa Barbara is considered 'local' to the fricken Chargers and was blacked out. I couldn't even see it at the bar I usually go to. Good thing I bought Replay, at least I can see it after 9 pm tonight.

Oh, the last 2 minutes were on after the Browns game.
[/quote]
This sucks, sent them an email and will cll them tomorrow as if it'll do any good. So, how do I get to actually watch it seems to be the question now?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354508905' post='1188138']
how about some love for Wallace Gilberry?

He was signed 2 days after the 2nd game and he got his 5th sack today, second among DE's on the team. For perspective, Fanene led the DE's in sacks last year with 6.5.
[/quote]

For sure. Nice to see Carlos Dunlap turning it on at the right time of year as well. When not injured, the end of the season has been his time...

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354508905' post='1188138']
how about some love for Wallace Gilberry?

He was signed 2 days after the 2nd game and he got his 5th sack today, second among DE's on the team. For perspective, Fanene led the DE's in sacks last year with 6.5.
[/quote]

Yeah he's been solid. I think having a rotation and some studs next to you on the line can make an average DE look solid. Thats why I didnt really get when people freaked out when Fanene and Rucker left.

[quote name='kriZENry' timestamp='1354508960' post='1188139']
This sucks, sent them an email and will cll them tomorrow as if it'll do any good. So, how do I get to actually watch it seems to be the question now?
[/quote]

NFL Replay will show it after 9 pm tonight and any time after that some game isn't on. You can get a team only package for less than the full setup. NFL network site.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1354509299' post='1188141']
Yeah he's been solid. I think having a rotation and some studs next to you on the line can make an average DE look solid. Thats why I didnt really get when people freaked out when Fanene and Rucker left.
[/quote]

For what its worth the Browns fans I sit next to watching games like Rucker a lot. He's already the spokesman for the DL, like their Domata Peko, quite good in interviews between games. Looks like he's playing well too..

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1354509423' post='1188143']
For what its worth the Browns fans I sit next to watching games like Rucker a lot. He's already the spokesman for the DL, like their Domata Peko, quite good in interviews between games. Looks like he's playing well too..
[/quote]

Thats good, but why pay him 5 mil a year or whatever he got for 3 sacks when you can get a guy at the minimum like gilberry who has 5 sacks. We definitely made the right decision there.

[quote name='kriZENry' timestamp='1354508960' post='1188139']
[/quote]

It is the NFL rules, not their rules, I'm sure. I guess the league doesn't want the Charger's ownership to not fill the stands but still score big viewership elsewhere in SoCal.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1354509524' post='1188144']
Thats good, but why pay him 5 mil a year or whatever he got for 3 sacks when you can get a guy at the minimum like gilberry who has 5 sacks. We definitely made the right decision there.
[/quote]

Sure, but our meh guys are team leaders for the Brownies. Not a lot of coherence with that team over the years. We did the right thing, and looks like the Browns got better value than their usual crappy draft picks or FAs.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1354509689' post='1188146']
Sure, but our meh guys are team leaders for the Brownies. Not a lot of coherence with that team over the years. We did the right thing, and looks like the Browns got better value than their usual crappy draft picks or FAs.
[/quote]

Thats definitely the sign of a good team or at least a good position group, where your number 4 and 5 DEs can get solid FA contracts.

Good:
-Nike
-AJ once again although on the deep pass I'd like to see a little better effort...he's got it in him.
-Trenches for the most part
-Carlos
-Gilberry
-A. Jones...absolutely electric on returns. Defense has been solid and the "winning plays" he makes are welcomed.
-Dalton's TD pass to Gresham....beautiful.
-BJGE...he showed some wiggle and some pep in his step. I could get used to this version.
-Zimmer's defensive alignments. He's clever.
-Rey had a bordering on good game and his coverage today was the best I've seen from him maybe ever.
-Nelson's read on the INT.
-Defense overall
-Marv Albert - what a pimp

Bad:
-Not bad but Geno had a way below Geno standards kinda day at first glance.
-Another not bad but Dalton had a mediocre day. He made up for it as it's a victory but the pick 6 was absolutely terrible. He had another horrible throw that should have been picked by a LB on the sideline. Instead the LB dropped it as he fell to the ground out of bounds after being pushed by Hawkins I think. This is what I mean by when I say I don't "trust" Dalton. 2 absolutely horrible decisions/throws. Missing AJ on the TD, really 2 as the deep ball should have been a TD also. Glad he got a "bad" day out of the way in a win.
-Dallas beating Philly...they may actually think they may have a chance to make the playoffs and play hard Sunday.
-Indy and Pitt....both winning at the last second.
-Burfict had a rough day. Horrible angle, pursuit today...un-Vontaze like things today. Is he mentally tired? Physically tired? This is about the end of his college season. Actually, his college seasons tended to end even earlier... right?
-Rich Gannon

Ugly:
-Marvin's decision to sit on the ball after Carlos got the ball back. That's called playing not to loose. That doesn't win championships.
-Marvin Jones drop leading to pick...that kinda shit doesn't fly if it becomes habitual.
-Tate...I think the roster spot can be better used somewhere else.
-Dalton pick 6...must have been something obstructing the LB from his view...I hope there was at least but I don't think there was. He was pre-determined where he was going and went there...defenders be damned
-JamieB

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1354510347' post='1188153']

-Burfict had a rough day. Horrible angle, pursuit today...un-Vontaze like things today. Is he mentally tired? Physically tired? This is about the end of his college season. Actually, his college seasons tended to end even earlier... right?

[/quote]

Well, the Rookie Wall is a real deal - he's been playing 13 games, most of them full time, not to mention preseason so that's way more than college. Hard to say if he's hit it or just having a hiccup.

[quote name='SocalBengalEd' timestamp='1354512190' post='1188159']
I had a blast at the game today just got back. But I'm post off too I always record the games and set the game to record but it was blacked out here in Riverside. Now I can't watch it every day something I do on my days off. Fuck
[/quote]

You can get the weekly NFL rewind for 10 bucks. see all of this weeks games for 1 week. The Yearly is down to 40 bucks, see any game since 2009.

Man.. Birthday party to go to today at 4pm for my 6yr old niece so I had to keep refreshing the game box score on my phone while driving there, and when we got there I stole my brothers phone (he has league pass and gets the games on his phone too) and watched the game from about the Dalton dive TD to the end of the game. I was louder than all the kids at Chuck E Cheese.

Archived