The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - San Diego Chargers

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1354499107' post='1188053']
The comparison would be valid if San Diego had Chuckles Whitehurst out there today. Nick Foles is not any good. He wasn't special at Arizona and played a couple of good pre-season games against back-ups. Why the media was pumping the kid up like he was something special is beyond me (well, not really, classic 'grass is greener' syndrome).

Though I suppose Vick might be back by the time we play them.
[/quote]

I doubt Vick plays the rest of the year, and no name shit QB's have a way of making us look pedestrian...

The comparison would be valid if San Diego had Chuckles Whitehurst out there today. Nick Foles is not any good. He wasn't special at Arizona and played a couple of good pre-season games against back-ups. Why the media was pumping the kid up like he was something special is beyond me (well, not really, classic 'grass is greener' syndrome).

[/quote]

The status of Vick and McCoy significantly impact the difficulty of that game.

[quote name='dex' timestamp='1354498585' post='1188043']
The drive-blocking of the right side of the line. Zeitler and Smith are really blowing things wide open for Green-Ellis lately. And this was a good rush defense they were going up again, even though the Chargers were playing pass-first defense.
[/quote]
That has been a thing of beauty lately.

Obviously the whole thing in KC was a tragedy, and I'm not trying to be inappropriate, but that team won today, and may have a bit of a mission for the remainder of their season. First, the Colts are in their path, and a game that looked like a gimme for them may not be. Second, if they do play inspired football and win some more games, it raises the chances that our OAK pick will rise (they play each other as again as well).

good: we win.. defense was really good today...raiders lost...better pick
bad: stealers and colts win....and detroit gave the colts the win
ugly: gresh... the dude just drives me crazy

extra bad... Marvin Jones letting a ball go right through his hands for the pick

[/quote]

I am not sure we se Mike the rest of the year. Reid is gone (and for that matter, so is Mike), and so goes the necessity to play him. Lurie is so hated by the fans and the media...that to trot out one of the reasons for their hatred of him at QB, would seem unlikely. To me at least.

Take it from a close Iggle follower since a 60's childhood...when Philly fans and media are done with a group...they are done. And they are done with Jeff Lurie, Andy Reid, and Mike Vick.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1354500051' post='1188066']
I guess we should root for Philly then tonight. If Dallas loses it pretty much knocks them out. Maybe they will give up if they lose tonight.
[/quote]
yes i want them coming into Cincy on a down note.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1354497613' post='1188028']
That both teams suck and it's never a gimme. Don't get your panties in a bunch there Sally...
[/quote]
That's the way I see it. The Eagles aren't void of talent. They have quite a few shifty backs and are could easily beat us if we don't show up.

We gave away a game to the Dolphins and the Browns this year. It could easily happen in primetime on short rest.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1354500331' post='1188070']
That's the way I see it. The Eagles aren't void of talent. They have quite a few shifty backs and are could easily beat us if we don't show up.

We gave away a game to the Dolphins and the Browns this year. It could easily happen in primetime on short rest.
[/quote]

Exactly...

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1354500331' post='1188070']

[/quote]

And the Iggle defense is nothing to forget either. Good pass rush, and they have a fairly good secondary.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1354500051' post='1188066']
I guess we should root for Philly then tonight. If Dallas loses it pretty much knocks them out. Maybe they will give up if they lose tonight.
[/quote]

I dunno...you want them to have some sort of flickering playoff hopes when they play the Stealers.

Of course, we will still need to beat Dallas, so never mind.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1354499194' post='1188054']
- Interior O-line on pass blocking... Andy flushed out of pocket many times, especially in first half. Boling struggled against Corey Liuget quite a bit from what I saw, but he's a tough matchup.
[/quote]

I didn't notice Boling too much but Robinson was getting his ass handed to him by that nose tackle in the first few series. I think for the rest of the game, Robinson was getting help from Zeitler, which may have exposed Boling a bit. For all the pressure Dalton faced, I don't remember him getting sacked though.

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1354500827' post='1188076']
I dunno...you want them to have some sort of flickering playoff hopes when they play the Stealers.

Of course, we will still need to beat Dallas, so never mind.
[/quote]

Romo and Garrett are likely still going to be fighting for their jobs. Vick and Reid have pretty much given up on that I think (not that Vick is playing anyways).

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1354496691' post='1188009']
Dalton was pretty ugly today but I'll be nice and just put him in the bad category.

Steelers winning is pretty ugly for our playoff hopes. Doesn't leave much room for error.
[/quote]

Disagree

The first int was def his fault but the second was all on Marvin Jones. The O-line was getting abused in pass protection most of the game. He missed two big throws both to AJ one in the corner of the endzone and one on the only deep ball he threw all game. I felt he had a solid game. Made plays with his feet and didn't force too much while down the majority of the game.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' timestamp='1354501704' post='1188081']
Disagree

The first int was def his fault but the second was all on Marvin Jones. The O-line was getting abused in pass protection most of the game. He missed two big throws both to AJ one in the corner of the endzone and one on the only deep ball he threw all game. I felt he had a solid game. Made plays with his feet and didn't force too much while down the majority of the game.
[/quote]

If it werent for two really bad throws and a dropped pass by jones, he would have had a great game. The pick 6 was the first really bad throw and the 2nd was the missed pass to AJ in the endzone. Thats going to be one of the easier redzone throws he'll have and should have hit it. Outside of those 3 plays he played well. But you cant make those kinda mistakes and beat teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh. I guess its good he got them out of the way now!

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1354502505' post='1188086']
If it werent for two really bad throws and a dropped pass by jones, he would have had a great game. The pick 6 was the first really bad throw and the 2nd was the missed pass to AJ in the endzone. Thats going to be one of the easier redzone throws he'll have and should have hit it. Outside of those 3 plays he played well. But you cant make those kinda mistakes and beat teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh. I guess its good he got them out of the way now!
[/quote]

Just throw that play out of the playbook - hit Green on the run or heading straight back, at least nobody can jump the route. I hate these 'stand the Receiver still and let the safety / LB have a run at it patterns.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1354503109' post='1188089']

Just throw that play out of the playbook - hit Green on the run or heading straight back, at least nobody can jump the route. I hate these 'stand the Receiver still and let the safety / LB have a run at it patterns.
[/quote]

Green WAS on the run. It was a slant.

Most of the good stuff has been mentioned already, but I'll add Pacman to the list. He looked great on multiple punt returns and did a nice job in coverage also.

It looked like the main D we played was nickle and had Newman and Pacman outside with Hall on the slot. Pacman didn't get beat much at all in coverage.

[quote name='BScott28' timestamp='1354504246' post='1188092']
Good:

BJGE
Green
Defense

Bad:

Offense struggles for a bit
Tate in the return game
[b]Even tho I love him, looked like Burfict might have played his worse game[/b]

Ugly

Marvin Jones drop
Dalton's pick
Greshams fumble
Steelers winning
Peerman getting hurt
[/quote]

Agree on Burfict having his worst game. He missed a lot of tackles (one in particular where he could have had Mathews for no gain and let him slip away for 10+ yards) and had some issues in coverage also. He gave up a pretty long completion to Gates and he wasn't even close to him.

Good - Bengals win
Bad - Looks like it shouldn't have been that close
Ugly - I subscribe to the NFL Ticket and wasn't allowed to watch this game because apparently San Diego is considered Los Angeles!!! Fuck! Worst fucking Sunday, I didn't go to the game due to just recently coming back from Hawaii but totally would've if I had any idea that the game wouldn't be shown anywhere except on some computer streams. Yeah, I know, first world problems, yet I would've easily traveled to SD if I had known. Fuck Directv and their $300 seasonal bullshit! I had it already queued & recorded a weeks prior but they do this shit al the time. This is the 3rd time I had to run upstairs to switch what channel should be recording the Bengals game (anyone else having this problem?).

Happy we won but I haven't missed a Bengal play in 3+ years and only got to watch the last 2 minutes when they switched to it. There needs to be some blackout rules that if you pay for the Ticket you can still see the game.

[quote name='kriZENry' timestamp='1354507784' post='1188123']
Good - Bengals win
Bad - Looks like it shouldn't have been that close
Ugly - I subscribe to the NFL Ticket and wasn't allowed to watch this game because apparently San Diego is considered Los Angeles!!! Fuck! Worst fucking Sunday, I didn't go to the game due to just recently coming back from Hawaii but totally would've if I had any idea that the game wouldn't be shown anywhere except on some computer streams. Yeah, I know, first world problems, yet I would've easily traveled to SD if I had known. Fuck Directv and their $300 seasonal bullshit! I had it already queued & recorded a weeks prior but they do this shit al the time. This is the 3rd time I had to run upstairs to switch what channel should be recording the Bengals game (anyone else having this problem?).

Happy we won but I haven't missed a Bengal play in 3+ years and got to watch the last 2 minutes. There needs to be some blackout rules that if you pay for the Ticket you can still see the game.
[/quote]
I might be mistaken but I think the only time you are blacked out is when the game is playing locally. It seems obvious, but did you check your local channels?

Archived