Bengals sign josh Johnson

We should have tried to get a veteran guy with more starting experience. Johnson has never been a fulltime starter and the backup QB doesn't get many practice snaps.

We did, they wanted too much money. I love the idea of a mobile backup QB. Not anything to get excited about, but why would you want to be excited about a backup QB?

I love having a mobile QB, i'm completely cool with this.

hopefully now I can put my fear of a 2nd rd QB to bed.

Agreed.

Most backup QBs aren't elite passers - that's why they're backups. But I love having an athletic guy who can come in and be a threat to make plays. I remember how Tyrod Taylor came in for the ravens in the last game against us and gave us fits.

Josh Johnson ran a 4.44 at the combine when he came out. That's pretty ridiculous. That puts a ton of pressure on the defense and its something we've never really had.

I've been a big fan of his since the draft, and think he's a great add.  He certainly got huge chunks of yards against us the last time we played, and that's one of the reasons a mobile backup quarterback (like Fitz) can actually win you games...

This move isn't for backup QB....Johnson was signed to be the starter!  The coaches realize Dalton's limitations and as a result, have decided to go the way of the 49ers, Seahawks, Redskins...run option offense.  They'll use Johnson to suit his talents and he will lead the Bengals to the Super Bowl next year....as long as we acquire an explosive RB. 

:D

This move isn't for backup QB....Johnson was signed to be the starter!  The coaches realize Dalton's limitations and as a result, have decided to go the way of the 49ers, Seahawks, Redskins...run option offense.  They'll use Johnson to suit his talents and he will lead the Bengals to the Super Bowl next year....as long as we acquire an explosive RB. 

:D

Hilarious

Archived