The 2013 Regular Season Thread!!!!!!

Jason

Head-to-Head records
Pirates: 10-9 vs Cards, 7-7 vs Reds
Cards: 9-10 vs Pirates, 11-8 vs Reds
Reds: 7-7 vs Pirates, 8-11 vs Cards 

CBS: Your guide to playoff tiebreakers

Home-Field Advantage in Two-Team Tiebreakers
1. Head-to-head winning percentage during the 2013 regular season.
2. Higher winning percentage in intradivision games.
3. Higher winning percentage in the last half of intraleague games.

Two-Club Tie for One Wild Card Spot:
One tiebreak game will be played on Monday. Sept. 30 (tentatively) to determine the Wild Card. Home field advantage will be determined by the rules above for a two-team tiebreaker.

Three-Club Tie for Division Championship & Two Wild Card Spots:
After Clubs have been assigned their A, B and C designations, Club A would host Club B on Monday, Sept. 30 (tentatively). The loser of the game would be declared one Wild Card Club. The winner of that game would then host Club C on Tuesday, Oct. 1 (tentatively) to determine the Division Champion. The loser of the game would be declared the other Wild Card Club.

Tiebreakers (From MLB)
*If just one game is needed to settle the issue, it will tentatively be played on Monday, Sept. 30. That applies to determining the division championship whether or not the losing team would still qualify as a Wild Card.
*If two teams end up with identical records at the top of the NL Central, but both clubs would make the postseason regardless, the winner of their extra game would be declared the division winner while the loser would have to play in the sudden death Wild Card playoff game.
*Homefield advantage is determined first by head-to-head records, then by the higher winning percentage in intradivision games. If a further tie-breaker is needed it's the best winning percentage in the last half of intraleague games.
*The same format will be used if two teams tie for the division and also tie for both available wild card spots. The two division teams would play each other on Monday with the winner being named division champion and the loser meeting the other team in the Wild Card playoff.

Read more: http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html#ixzz2fjkcmquf

It boggles the mind how consistently bad this team is at getting a runner in from third with no outs

I honestly dont know if a player has had a worse hitting game in their career than ludwick did tonight. Id be shocked if there are many players that have ever had a game worse than 0-5 with 10...YES FUCKING 10...Left on base. For one fucking hitter.

He should be ashamed. Not sure if hes still injured or something, but take yourself out of the fucking game if you cant do better than that.

Cards beat the nats...reds and pirates clinch at least a WC spot.

5 playoff teams are set, just a matter of which 2 teams are playing for the WC and which team gets the division.

Gonna be tough to catch the cards, especially with the nats having nothing to play for (unless that would somehow help).

Leake pitching himself into a long-reliever once again..

Leake makes me want to pull my hair out. 

Hell, the entire team makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes. 

Looks like we're going to drop a game behind the Pirates too. 

Should never lose to the fuggin Mets. 

Archived