Dalton agrees: No excuses

if there's one thing in andy's game that's easily correctable it's that he needs to put a little more air under those long balls he throws to AJ. just give the guy a chance to adjust and make a play on the ball rather than throwing that perfect dart, and his percentages will increase significantly. AJ's shown he's going to win most of those contested battles if he just has a chance.

Show Dalton tape of Blake.

The 'no more excuses' should be directed at Marvin in getting his players to play their best on the biggest stages and biggest games.  And although I do have questions about Dalton, I have just as many with Gruden.  From a national perspective, I'm surprised at the amount of critique Dalton gets in comparison to Gruden. 

The 'no more excuses' should be directed at Marvin in getting his players to play their best on the biggest stages and biggest games.  And although I do have questions about Dalton, I have just as many with Gruden.  From a national perspective, I'm surprised at the amount of critique Dalton gets in comparison to Gruden. 

It's way easier to criticize the actual player than the coach in his headset. I never once heard anyone criticize the Atlanta offensive coordinator or head coach when the Falcons couldn't win in the playoffs. But Matt Ryan got crushed in the media (and I'm sure by their fans) until they won (although it was only one gave last year). Actually didn't the Atl o-coordinator get a head coaching gig?

But Matt Ryan got crushed in the media (and I'm sure by their fans) until they won (although it was only one gave last year). Actually didn't the Atl o-coordinator get a head coaching gig?

You do know who his QB coach was when he was stinking it up, right? None other than Bob "Shovelpass" Bratkowski..  You have to figure his level of "coaching" set him back 2-3 years.

WELL-RESPECTED AROUND THE LEAGUE!

around the teams he's worked for, not so much.

It's way easier to criticize the actual player than the coach in his headset. I never once heard anyone criticize the Atlanta offensive coordinator or head coach when the Falcons couldn't win in the playoffs. But Matt Ryan got crushed in the media (and I'm sure by their fans) until they won (although it was only one gave last year). Actually didn't the Atl o-coordinator get a head coaching gig?

Murlarkey got the Jags job last year, then got fired this offseason. He was going to be replaced in Atlanta because the offense was stale and didn't use the weapons they had on the roster.

I think Gruden deserves more criticism than Dalton, his play calling skills are highly questionable at times. Although Dalton's execution of the plays leave a lot to be desired as well.

24-41 0 TDs, 2ints. Offense scored 6 points. Nahh, pretty bad game.

So the guy said he played better than statistics show, so to prove him wrong, you use statistics...kind of his point right? He played better than the stats showed, showing more stats doesnt disprove that.

I remember rewatching that game and thinking that dalton played a lot better than his stats showed. I'd have to rewatch it to remember why, but I know several of his deep balls should have been caught but werent for reasons that werent his. A couple drops, one pass that he fit in perfectly to AJ but polamalu barely got there and knocked it loose, one I think was barely out of bounds. I remember he threw the ball pretty well though and just got unlucky a few times.

24-41 0 TDs, 2ints. Offense scored 6 points. Nahh, pretty bad game.

Only one of those ints was ADs fault, the other was a tipped sideline pass.  If that one had one through, OR the one that AJ Green stepped out of bounds on a 4th and 10+, OR the one Green caught but fumbled....Andy's stats would have been better and the game a blowout.

AD played a heckofa game there.  The Steelers sold out to stop the run and dared him to throw all day, betting he would make a critical mistake down the line.  While they managed to parry him enough to keep him from scoring, he usually managed to gain yards and flip the field. One key play was right after TroyP blitzed and sacked AD in his own end.  Everyone was so busy raving about the play they didn't notice that on the next play Dalton calmly went right down the seam for a big first down to keep the drive going.

The Steelers played that game like the #1 defense in the NFL.  It wasn't enough in the end.

I dislike QBR because god knows what the number means and what goes into it.  But 58 is supposedly better than average, isn't it?  

Andy did play better than the stats. Also both Pitt games represent exactly what this team needs to improve on.

3 minutes left in the half @ Pitt. Could have as easily been 14-0. Instead is ended up 10-7.

Something similar happen at Cincy right before half.

I've been told on here, that when I use stats, it shows my lack of knowledge about football.

Stats are great...at times. When trying to refute someone's point that "he played better than the stats would indicate" that may not be the best place to start.

Andy did play better than the stats. Also both Pitt games represent exactly what this team needs to improve on.

3 minutes left in the half @ Pitt. Could have as easily been 14-0. Instead is ended up 10-7.

That "7" was soley on Pac, he got burned similar to how he did in the first Houston playoff game. Luckily for us, this time we ended up over coming it.

Yes, the D gave back the one they got, more or less.  One blot on a great game.

What I love about that game is that in a give and take high pressure game on Pitts' turf, we continued to pressure them relentlessly.  They managed to knock aside most of the blows, but by the end the pressure was getting to them.  Their players were staggering off hurt, their coach made questionable decisions, and finally their QB made a big mistake.  AD and AJ pull off a big play to get in FG range, and game over.

It really was a fun game to watch. I love that we had two Ints, a missed field goal, and a fumble and still won the game on the road. This team is tough!

I am glad we won but it wasn't fun to watch. Dec 4, 2005 was a fun game to watch. Andy didn't suck but the offense as a whole did.

Archived