2013-14 TV Season

Go Skins

[spoiler] I had a feeling as the episode went on that it might end that way, but didn't dare to get my hopes up. Her character was beginning to annoy the piss out of me.  Pretty cool how they had me identifying with Frank's exasperation so much that I had to replay the scene a couple of times while LMAO. [/spoiler]

lol....

I've been chewing through Justified these last several nights. Good show. However, I now find the voice in my head when reading is speaking like Boyd Crowder... It's unsettling.... Fire in the hole.

Is it prefacing random sentences with "Now, Johnny..." ?

I've been chewing through Justified these last several nights. Good show. However, I now find the voice in my head when reading is speaking like Boyd Crowder... It's unsettling.... Fire in the hole.

Boyd Crowder has become one of my favorite TV show characters ever. I watched the first 2 seasons in less than 2 weeks. We watched 6 episodes of season 3 on Sunday. We have 3 more episodes for season 3. 

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting How I Met Your Mother last night.

loved it.  Glad they took the time and care to tie up the stories of many of the secondary characters throughout the history of the show, and in quite a heartfelt way.

And you forget how "family oriented" the show has been. The actors who play Barney, Lilly, and Cobie, have all had their real life significant others play major supporting roles throughout the length of the show.

So what's everyone's himym predictions for the finale?

Usually, I can predict how TV shows will play out and somehow, everytime I think I have this one figured out, I was wrong.

[spoiler]I didn't the final slap coming on the altar on Monday night. [/spoiler]

I don't buy the death theory.  

[spoiler]Someone on the EW boards thinks Ted dreamed the entire thing, but that wouldn't make sense either.[/spoiler]

Usually, I can predict how TV shows will play out and somehow, everytime I think I have this one figured out, I was wrong.

[spoiler]I didn't the final slap coming on the altar on Monday night. [/spoiler]

I don't buy the death theory.  

[spoiler]Someone on the EW boards thinks Ted dreamed the entire thing, but that wouldn't make sense either.[/spoiler]

are those spoilers (I haven't looked yet) real or just your speculation?

If that happens, that would be one of the dumbest endings in the history of TV.
I found that theory on EW.com yesterday, in the comments. 

the producers supposedly promised a [spoiler] wedding, divorce and death [/spoiler] this season and we've already seen the first two with [spoiler] Barney/Robin and James and his husband almost getting divorced [/spoiler].  I didn't see the interview though so I don't know if that is for sure.

My latest theory is that the show ends with Ted and Robin together.  I don't mean in 2030 when he is telling the story, I think it will zoom forward to the future front porch and both Barney and the Mom are kaput (or, maybe more likely, Robin and Barney are divorced).  I don't believe Robin's last name is an accident.  Scherbatsky is the last name of the heroine of Anna Karenina, Kitty, who (spoiler from book) [spoiler]was loved by Levin (who is much like Ted) but chose Vronsky (much like Barney). Later, she fell out with Vronsky and ultimately ended up with Levin.[/spoiler]

My latest theory is that the show ends with Ted and Robin together.  I don't mean in 2030 when he is telling the story, I think it will zoom forward to the future front porch and both Barney and the Mom are kaput (or, maybe more likely, Robin and Barney are divorced).  I don't believe Robin's last name is an accident.  Scherbatsky is the last name of the heroine of Anna Karenina, Kitty, who (spoiler from book) [spoiler]was loved by Levin (who is much like Ted) but chose Vronsky (much like Barney). Later, she fell out with Vronsky and ultimately ended up with Levin.[/spoiler]

so you think they had all that planned out in the pilot when they gave her that name?

so you think they had all that planned out in the pilot when they gave her that name?

Yup.  I'm not sure if it's likely, but that's long been a theory of mine.  It is somewhat supported by[spoiler] the Love in the Time of Cholera book that Ted keeps reading, which I understand has a plot that mirrors the above scenario.  I never read it, though [/spoiler]

Yup.  I'm not sure if it's likely, but that's long been a theory of mine.  It is somewhat supported by[spoiler] the Love in the Time of Cholera book that Ted keeps reading, which I understand has a plot that mirrors the above scenario.  I never read it, though [/spoiler]

[spoiler] I'm going back and forth but kind of agree with you. My theory was that the mom dies in like 2025 or something. 5 years later ted is telling this whole story because he is about to tell his kids he is getting together with their aunt robin. Telling them "look I loved your mom more than anything but I also love your aunt robin and we are going to start dating again" or something. Might be too predictable I bet there is a bigger twist. Plus I'm not convinced anymore the mom dies since usually when they lead it to make it look like one thing it usually doesn't happen. [/spoiler]

I think something crazy will happen in the first few mins though.

Boyd Crowder has become one of my favorite TV show characters ever. I watched the first 2 seasons in less than 2 weeks. We watched 6 episodes of season 3 on Sunday. We have 3 more episodes for season 3. 

"I do know how to blow shit up!"

Anyone watching the How I Met Your Mother cast on Inside the Actors Studio?

James Lipton was having them get in character. Cobie Smulders got so into her character that she called Ted a pussy and when she got out of character and was told about it she had no recollection of it and had to apologize to Josh.

Archived