Who becomes new running backs coach?

Raven fans seem upset about it the firing they view it as a scapegoat deal from the comments I read.

Yep, the Ravens switched to a zone blocking scheme this year, moving away from the power blocking scheme. None of their backs are zone backs. It's why Ray Rice had such a terrible year, he is not a zone back.

worked under both Gruden and Brat.

1. “Kyle has worked closely with our coordinators the last few seasons,” said Marvin Lewis, “and with (OL coach) Paul Alexander #Bengals

2. Caskey has worked the last two seasons as assistant OL and offensive quality control coach for #Bengals

3. Kyle Caskey named running backs coach #Bengals.

“Kyle has worked closely with our coordinators the last few seasons,” head coach Marvin Lewis said in a statement. “And with [OL coach] Paul Alexander, he’s done a lot of direct work with our offensive line players. He’s been in the staff meetings with the running back coaches [Jackson and predecessor Jim Anderson].
“It’s all been part of the evolution of a bright young coach, and the time comes when the opportunity’s there to become a position coach on your own. That’s where we are with Kyle, and it’s great again that we have the person in-house to promote from within.”

My question is: Who becomes our next Bengals’ assistant offensive line and quality control coach?

I could see Braydon Coombs move from Assistant Special Teams Coach/Quality Control Coach to Assistant Oline Coach/Quality Control Coach.

Ideally you see 1-2 more young pups brought in to keep feeding the pipeline.

I don't know what to make of Caskey as RB coach, but I do know that he's just as green as Paul Guenther was 2 years ago and that worked out well so Marvin deserves the benefit of the doubt here.

I could see Braydon Coombs move from Assistant Special Teams Coach/Quality Control Coach to Assistant Oline Coach/Quality Control Coach.

Ideally you see 1-2 more young pups brought in to keep feeding the pipeline.

I don't know what to make of Caskey as RB coach, but I do know that he's just as green as Paul Guenther was 2 years ago and that worked out well so Marvin deserves the benefit of the doubt here.

Hope Coombs is a better coach than his dad. I'm pretty sure the Buckeyes pay that dude solely to recruit, and he just jerks off the rest of the season.

Archived