2014 Free Agency Thread

Whitner is coming from the Niners. He's been there for 3 yrs. Made the pro bowl the last two years....somehow...but Niners were fine with letting him go. Brownies sure as fuck overpaid for him

That was my bad. Meant Ware. It seems so on the overpayment. If I remember correctly we wanted him and couldn't get a deal done. He actually had tweeted he was coming I think. 

Well so far it looks like that defense is getting older, more expensive and worse

Dansby is a much better player than Jackson and will cost the Browns less than Jackson was scheduled to make. Notice the Colts didn't pay Jackson near what his old contract would have. Whitner is much better than Ward in pass coverage and will probably cost about the same. Agree the Browns are getting older. They are said to be looking into a Revis trade. They ought to look for a good WR2 in free agency. Maybe Decker, Edelman, Nicks, someone like that who is unquestionably better than Greg Little.

It probably isn't so bad after these years.  Or they have an understanding to renegotiate.

Gabbert was a top 10 pick in 2011 so this is the last year of his rookie deal. He's probably making 3 mil or so which is expensive for a backup QB. Especially one who plays a different style from the starter. 

Gabbert was a top 10 pick in 2011 so this is the last year of his rookie deal. He's probably making 3 mil or so which is expensive for a backup QB. Especially one who plays a different style from the starter. 

maybe they aren't going to pay Kaepernick.. Looking to the future...

:ninja:

Archived