2014 Free Agency Thread

Is he serious?  Or is that pure speculation because of the reclamation angle?  

I'm guessing its true that the Bengals inquired, and anything else is just speculation on his part.  It sounds like the Bengals at least made an offer, but it wasn't to the Eagles liking (at least a 4th rounder).

Listen to Philly sports talk radio every day (aren't you jealous?) and this is the first I'm hearing of Graham on the trading block. I wouldn't hate it though I'd be surprised if we gave up a 4th with how we hoard picks

oh I've heard a number of rumors about him.  Apparently they tried to swing a trade with the Dolphins for Dion Jordan but the Dolphins wanted draft picks as well I believe.

The wide receiver with the most catches in 2013 while not having a single drop was Sidney Rice. He is one of the best FA WRs available.

How much did he actually play though in 2013?  If I recall correctly, he doesn't have the best hands...not that they're horrible or anything, I mean, he plays WR but Rice isn't known for his sticky hands by any means.   And I thought Seattle signed him again after cutting him, to a much lower contract?  I may have just made all that up about re-signing with Seattle.....but I remember something like that?

It sounds like the Bengals at least made an offer, but it wasn't to the Eagles liking (at least a 4th rounder).

I'm encouraged by the interest being shown, and I think a 5th round offer is fair.

Not sure why the Eagles think they can get more under the circumstances.

Any team interested in Graham knows in less than a month a comparable player may fall into their draft laps.

Listen to Philly sports talk radio every day (aren't you jealous?) and this is the first I'm hearing of Graham on the trading block. I wouldn't hate it though I'd be surprised if we gave up a 4th with how we hoard picks

Little off topic - do you have to listen to that asshole Josh Innes? They ran him out of town here in Houston. He's got to be the most annoying sports talk guy I've ever heard.

How much did he actually play though in 2013?  If I recall correctly, he doesn't have the best hands...not that they're horrible or anything, I mean, he plays WR but Rice isn't known for his sticky hands by any means.   And I thought Seattle signed him again after cutting him, to a much lower contract?  I may have just made all that up about re-signing with Seattle.....but I remember something like that?

Pretty sure they have not and he is still a FA. He might end up back there, but hasn't yet. 

He hasn't been the same guy since having major hip and shoulder injuries but he is still pretty young (27) despite the fact that it seems like he's been around forever.

I could see him getting a cheap 1 year "prove it" type contract similar to Hakeem Nicks. He will probably look for somewhere that he can compete for a starting job to rebuild his value and hopefully cash in next offseason on another decent contract.

Little off topic - do you have to listen to that asshole Josh Innes? They ran him out of town here in Houston. He's got to be the most annoying sports talk guy I've ever heard.

I listen to the Philly espn station most of the time and the name doesn't sound familiar. Could be on WIP which I think is the bigger sports station in the area.

I remember Graham abusing Andre Smith during a Thursday night football game.  I saw last week he was on the trade block.  I think it would be an interesting pickup.

I love Brandon Graham. Thought he'd be a beast - was a big fan of him coming out in the draft.

He's had some injury issues and has been moved around some, but he's got a lot of talent. He's shown some flashes (like vs. Andre Smith, as others alluded to) but not consistently.

I love Brandon Graham. Thought he'd be a beast - was a big fan of him coming out in the draft.
He's had some injury issues and has been moved around some, but he's got a lot of talent. He's shown some flashes (like vs. Andre Smith, as others alluded to) but not consistently.

He was one of my favorite guys in that draft class. Really thought he'd be a regular double digit sack guy, but just hasn't happened.

I wouldn't give up anything more than a 6th rounder for him. Maybe a 5th. He's not particularly cheap and he is a FA after the season. You get your draft pick for 4 years dirt cheap.

I think a 5 or 6 may get it done though. He doesn't fit in a 3-4 and he only played about a fourth of the snaps last year.

I wonder about Dion Jordan. Sounds like he could be had for a 1st after going 3rd overall last year. He's pretty similar to Kony Ealy(maybe a bit more athletic)and he still has 3 years left on his rookie deal.

He was one of my favorite guys in that draft class. Really thought he'd be a regular double digit sack guy, but just hasn't happened.
I wouldn't give up anything more than a 6th rounder for him. Maybe a 5th. He's not particularly cheap and he is a FA after the season. You get your draft pick for 4 years dirt cheap.
I think a 5 or 6 may get it done though. He doesn't fit in a 3-4 and he only played about a fourth of the snaps last year.
I wonder about Dion Jordan. Sounds like he could be had for a 1st after going 3rd overall last year. He's pretty similar to Kony Ealy(maybe a bit more athletic)and he still has 3 years left on his rookie deal.

I'd give up a 5th or 6th, and that might be enough. In the right defense (4-3), he could very a solid contributor... Assuming he's healthy.

Not sure what he is or who, but no way it would effect our comp picks right? I can't imagine they'd sign a backup punter if it would effect our comp picks.

He's been sitting an entire year since he was FA or cut or whatever.  No matter what, he isn't going to count for the comp pick.

He's been sitting an entire year since he was FA or cut or whatever.  No matter what, he isn't going to count for the comp pick.

Yep. I don't think a guy who has been selling insurance for the last two years counts as an unrestricted free agent.

Archived