Bengals Free Agents Status (Pollak, Tate, Rey, Sanzenbacher and Mays re-sign)(Dontay Moch back)

Mr Weston, you ignore the fact that Dalton will be playing for an OC not named Jay Gruden for the first time in his career, and a damn good one at that.

You can moan all you want at season's end if everything goes tits-up for Dalton. Until then put a sock in it!

Jay Gruden hand picked Dalton.

I welcome Hue Jackson as a replacement but does he have a history of developing QBs in the NFL? He was an OC in three different places, how did they rank in terms f passing offense.

This cracks me up. You are berating someone, treating them just awfully because you disagree with their take on a free agent on a Bengals message board and then you are telling them they have communication problems. That they have no understanding of context. That they are thinking myopically. You have 0 understanding of this disorder and I work with people on the spectrum as part of my daily life. Your understanding of it is absurdly juvenile. You may have watched a Dr. Oz clip about it one day or something. I don't know where you started thinking it was funny or cool to tell people they were on the Autism spectrum but it isn't. People suffer from this disorder every single day of their life. You wouldn't joke about cancer or diabetes or anything like that. Have some compassion and empathy for christsakes. I can't imagine anything worse than thinking it's cool to pick on an autistic kid.

Besides. Lets say I am personally on the Autism spectrum. (I am not) How big of an asshole are you to attack someone and tell them they are on the autism spectrum? Where in your life did something go so off that you feel that is an appropriate way to treat a human being. That type of thinking only stems from a cognitive disorder of some sort. At some point you learned this behavior was ok. I have no idea when, but it simply isn't. You should try to unlearn it.

Back to the football discussion of context. I fully understand the context.

1. The cap is increasing by a large amount this year and a much larger amount next year and the year after. The money is there if we want it to be there.

2. While the amount of money you spend on a particular position should be a factor, what needs to be realized is that you don't get to choose who becomes your blue chip players. The team makes educated guesses about what players will be good and which ones won't and then puts them into the system. When you hit on a player you should keep them. If it was as simple as I can allocate so much money to one position and only so much to another that would be great. The problem is there is no guarantee that you will hit on a player that is worth a large amount of money at each position. You can try, and you should try, to have a balance, but there just simply isn't a guarantee. So when you hit on a player you love, that fits your system perfectly, that fits the mentality of your team, sometimes you have to ignore the balance you want and overpay at that position. A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the Bush.

3."The reality of the other mega-stars we will try to sign THIS YEAR to big deals." The reality is that you don't have to do it and by doing it you are directly sacrificing the quality of your football team in 2014. The point is that while re-signing these guys early might be nice, it's an unncessary luxury when it costs you one of your best players and a certain star on your defense. Burfict and AJ Green will be with your team in 2014. You can make it so both Burfict and Green are with your team for 2015 by utilizing rules that the NFL has created for you to be able to do that. Rushing to sign them early at the cost of one of your best players is completely ignoring the context of the situation

4. QBs have had much earlier success recently the first years in their systems. Rookies, vets swapping teams all of that. That's inarguable even though you take the opposite of it as a premise in your flawed argument. And this team is perfectly put together for a QB to have quick success. Great defense, solid line, great running back, solid TE's and a great jump ball WR with terrific body control.  I agree that the Market for QBs isn't great in anyway. Vick is the only guy who I would swap with Dalton this year and I think that's risky as hell as well. Investing long term in a QB that has proven to be awful on the big stage an allowing him to eat up your cap is an absurd risk not worth taking.

Good Luck man

Do they hand out a playbook to guys like you? Step one. Be an asshole. Step two. Tell the person they are throwing the sympathy card when they call you out for being an asshole.

I don't know where you started thinking it was funny or cool to tell people they were on the Autism spectrum but it isn't. People suffer from this disorder every single day of their life. You wouldn't joke about cancer or diabetes or anything like that. Have some compassion and empathy for christsakes. I can't imagine anything worse than thinking it's cool to pick on an autistic kid.

Now I'm starting to worry about you.  You are repeating yourself in Rainman, verbatim terms (you know, the autistic guy Dustin Hoffman played?).  And only 9 minutes apart! I knew you did it with your football arguments, but now that I see you do with actual language I do find myself worrying about your well being. 

Are you alright, Michael? We're here for you.

Jay Gruden hand picked Dalton.

I welcome Hue Jackson as a replacement but does he have a history of developing QBs in the NFL?

Joe Flacco, who improved markedly under Jackson, and then pretty much regressed since. That's also the only time he's ever had a QB that wasn't a  scrub to work with. 

Now you guys are pissing JC off......and that is not something I will stand for.  

As the unofficial, self proclaimed leader of the anti Dalton crowd, I politely request you MichaelWeston to refrain from trying to yell louder than others.   Let them believe what they will, just as you have the right to.  Arguing over this isn't going to get anywhere.  Let's hope we're the ones who are proven wrong and the Bengals win a SB this year with Dalton leading the charge.  

Alexander called Pollak, "a veteran you can count on. When injuries provided an opportunity last year, he came through w/ flying colors."

According to Roto, Pollak's three-year deal is worth $5 million with an additional $2.5 million in playing time incentives.

Alexander called Pollak, "a veteran you can count on. When injuries provided an opportunity last year, he came through w/ flying colors."

According to Roto, Pollak's three-year deal is worth $5 million with an additional $2.5 million in playing time incentives.

Nice. Backup deal with starters money if he plays like a starter.  Smart for both sides.

Now I'm starting to worry about you.  You are repeating yourself in Rainman, verbatim terms (you know, the autistic guy Dustin Hoffman played?).  And only 9 minutes apart! I knew you did it with your football arguments, but now that I see you do with actual language I do find myself worrying about your well being. 

Are you alright, Michael? We're here for you.

I wrote that to acknowledge that I realized that you thought it was funny to call people autistic. You have no clue what the person on the other side of the keyboard is like at all. What if my kid is autistic and it's a constant struggle for my wife and I? What if I come here for a bit of a reprieve to talk Bengals and rest a bit. You have no idea and you don't care? You want to make sure someone who disagrees with your take on franchising Micheal Johnson knows how dumb you think they are.

How many positions did he play last year? I was talking to Jason about this before, I thought he had played both LG and RG but was it only RG?

Now you guys are pissing JC off......and that is not something I will stand for.  

As the unofficial, self proclaimed leader of the anti Dalton crowd, I politely request you MichaelWeston to refrain from trying to yell louder than others.   Let them believe what they will, just as you have the right to.  Arguing over this isn't going to get anywhere.  Let's hope we're the ones who are proven wrong and the Bengals win a SB this year with Dalton leading the charge.  

Agreed.

@RapSheet: He gets $5M over three years as a reserve or $7.5M over three years if he starts. RT @Bengals: NEWS: We have resigned OL Mike Pollak

As others have stated, seems like a pretty good deal for both sides.

Report: Michael Johnson on Philadelphia Eagles' radar

We've pegged the Vikings as the most logical suitor for Michael Johnson, but if Minnesota chases the free-agent pass rusher, they're bound to have competition.

Tim McManus of PhillyMag.com reported Friday that the Eagles are "showing some interest" in the defensive end who will hit the open market Tuesday after five seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport noted that Johnson remains a "top target" for the Vikings under new coach Mike Zimmer, but Philly would be an intriguing landing spot for the mammoth 6-foot-7, 270-pound end.

The Eagles sit roughly $24 million under the cap and loom as a team we pegged as a potential player on the open market. We expect Philadelphia's front office to chase after one of the top safeties -- maybe Jairus Byrd or T.J. Ward -- and continue to lace the roster with Chip Kelly-esque athletes.

Chris Wesseling even suggested that the Eagles attempt to craft a trade for Dolphins pass rusher Dion Jordan, but landing Johnson wouldn't do the trick for a defense that finished 20th in the NFL with 37 sacks last season. Johnson himself notched just 3.5 takedowns in 2013, but showed what he can do during a 2012 campaign that saw him pile up 11.5 sacks and serve as one of Cincy's most disruptive quarterback chasers.

Whether or not the Eagles pursue Johnson, Philly sits out there as an intriguing team to track during Kelly's second offseason in charge.

With the signing of Pollak, an AC extension would remove the OL from the top of the draft and put it more in the 4-7 round rang e(unless there is a can't pass BPA).

I'd be glad to go to war with:

Kyle Cook
Trevor Robinson
Mike Pollak
Kevin Zeitler
Kyle Boling
Andrew Whitworth
Tanner Hawkinson
Anthony Collins
Andre Smith

Although I'm not that high on Cook or Robinson and I would not mind at all if the took Marcus Martin, Tyler Larsen or Bryan Stork somewhere in rounds 4-6.

As bad as our running game is, even if we resign Collins, Oline is still a bid need IMO. There are only three players on that line I thought played well, Smith, AC and Whit. I don't know if Z had an injury or what, but I felt he was much better last year. Boling and Cook can be replaced and should be. If there's a G or C with a solid first round grade, I hope we draft him at 24.

One of my twins has this. He is the smartest person I have ever met.

So cool. Many times they are savants. They see the world in a different way and things that don't make sense to you and me are just align for them Matrix style. Temple Grandin is an amazing example of this.

Fuck you

I would just like to take a moment to call a little time out, and say how much it pleases to me to have triggered this kind of venom from MichaelWeston, who not long ago claimed that he was above resorting to childish name calling and insults.  We've now got him hurling F-bombs at two different posters on this site over the space of one short afternoon.

I have to admit, trolling a troll is has its own little sublime rewards.

I would just like to take a moment to call a little time out, and say how much it pleases to me to have triggered this kind of venom from MichaelWeston, who not long ago claimed that he was above resorting to childish name calling and insults.  We've now got him hurling F-bombs at two different posters on this site over the space of one short afternoon.

I have to admit, trolling a troll is has its own little sublime rewards.

Congratulations

I remember reading these threads a few years back and received information on 3/4 of the posts. Can we have an argument forum? Or will the post create a new argent.... Not trying to

A few years back, people got handed time out's from the site for treating other members this way.  Lack of moderation is a big problem these days IMO.

Archived