Bengals lose a QB

Interesting. 

From a selfish Bengals fan standpoint we couldn't keep him o the PS anyway so no big loss.

From his standpoint, I wonder why he's retiring?   I assume he could have gotten a minimum gig somewhere....

Interesting. 

From a selfish Bengals fan standpoint we couldn't keep him o the PS anyway so no big loss.

From his standpoint, I wonder why he's retiring?   I assume he could have gotten a minimum gig somewhere....

seems destined for politics or tv.  He's incredibly smart and well spoken.  I think his dad is in politics.

His Dad works for the Dallas Cowboys - in sales and marketing. 

I guess that's kinda like politics. 

ha, lol.  I know when he was coming out everyone said he had a future in politics, I thought I remembered hearing their was a family connection there as well.  

here were some pre-draft comments

You were a 4.0 student in college and finalist for the Rhodes Scholar award. How do you plan to use those connections you built?

I kinda thought about potentially doing politics maybe. I’ve thought about potentially doing entrepreneurial activities. At the same time, I mean, broadcasting and being around sports is something that I’ve always cared about. I don’t care what it may be, I just want to be involved in sports. I want to be around sports. I genuinely cherish football, baseball, basketball -- I love them all. As long as I’m involved in sports in one way or another, then I can be happy at the end of the day.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/28/2011-nfl-draft-greg-mcelroy_n_854910.html

Archived