What the hell is happening in Ferguson?

kennethmw

Not to mention that if you consider the general public a feared adversary you need to constantly be on guard against you are seriously in the wrong line of work

You are trying to tell me that Police should not be considered about their own safety when they approach a guy who just committed a crime?

You are trying to tell me that Police should not be considered about their own safety when they approach a guy who just committed a crime?

No I am trying to tell you what I actually said there rather than this alarmist interpretation

Yeah, because who knows what kind of animal doesn't fix his twilight. Or sell loose cigarettes. Or stand in a playground with a play gun. Or push a guy walking out of the store and then go walk in the street. Shoot all them bitches! But let's Taze the guy that killed a couple of folks, he's not that harmful.

Body cameras and microphones must be required from now on. 99.9% of the time it'll be the police who are being protected from false claims. It also would have likely saved this latest murder victim's life. If murdering cop had know he had a body camera on,I doubt he would have even pulled his gun.

A kid playing in a park? A guy with a tail light out?

Kid playing in the park was aiming a gun at people. Guy with a taillight ran when pulled over. You keep distorting things. Your next statement will likely be some hyperbolic mess about "does a tail light out deserve the death sentence". The answer is of course not. But we were not talking about that now. We were talking about if the cop should approach these situations with heightened awareness and a straw man was created acting as if these were the general public and cops go around shooting people sitting on their porches. The answer to that is undeniably yes. In each situation the cops awareness for danger should have been heightened. In the two you mentioned they went above and beyond. But that's not the conversation here. You can't keep moving the ball and reframing your arguments.

Body cameras and microphones must be required from now on. 99.9% of the time it'll be the police who are being protected from false claims. It also would have likely saved this latest murder victim's life. If murdering cop had know he had a body camera on,I doubt he would have even pulled his gun.

I can't see the negative of body cameras. But we better be willing to cough up more taxes.

Kid playing in the park was aiming a gun at people. Guy with a taillight ran when pulled over. You keep distorting things. Your next statement will likely be some hyperbolic mess about "does a tail light out deserve the death sentence". The answer is of course not. But we were not talking about that now. We were talking about if the cop should approach these situations with heightened awareness and a straw man was created acting as if these were the general public and cops go around shooting people sitting on their porches. The answer to that is undeniably yes. In each situation the cops awareness for danger should have been heightened. In the two you mentioned they went above and beyond. But that's not the conversation here. You can't keep moving the ball and reframing your arguments.

And you can't keep ignoring reality.  Tamir Rice, the boy at the  park 'waiving' the gun.....the same gun that the 9-11 caller said was fake, the police were informed of this.....yet they rolled up to the park and shot him not even 2 seconds into the encounter.  Is this right in your opinion?  If so, you have some serious issues.  

And you can't keep ignoring reality.  Tamir Rice, the boy at the  park 'waiving' the gun.....the same gun that the 9-11 caller said was fake, the police were informed of this.....yet they rolled up to the park and shot him not even 2 seconds into the encounter.  Is this right in your opinion?  If so, you have some serious issues.  

You can't keep moving the ball and changing the context of the conversation. Someone said that police shouldn't worry about their safety and be vigilant against the general public. I said they had to be and this wasn't the general public. Saying that doesn't somehow condone the police behavior in anyone's world who is reading it without a predetermined agenda. He presented a false premise that the police were walking down the street accosting people.

This idea that cops are supposed to just assume everyone they are dealing with is a nice guy is absurd. OF COURSE they have to use discretion and shouldn't pull up in a car and shoot a kid. Of course they shouldn't shoot a guy while he is running away. This idea "Not to mention that if you consider the general public a feared adversary you need to constantly be on guard against you are seriously in the wrong line of work" just doesn't flow with reality. And if the cop isn't prepared he will end up dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOdJxY_hNog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXGkW3iuI8o&has_verified=1&has_verified=1&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwXGkW3iuI8o%26has_verified%3D1%26oref%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.youtube.com%252Fwatch%253Fv%253DwXGkW3iuI8o%2526oref%253Dhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.youtube.com%25252Fwatch%25253Fv%25253DwXGkW3iuI8o%2526has_verified%253D1%26has_verified%3D1&has_verified=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hhv_sEh3-E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec2yfx80T1g

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/subjects/a/attacks_on_police/index.html

That's great that you can get on Youtube and search for some shit to try and prove your point and all, but next time you might want to actually watch the videos before you start copy-pasting because in the very first one there's zero indication that the cop was attacked by anybody.  Maybe it happened off camera, or maybe he tased one of the kids and then kicked their dog, but all that happens for sure is some dumbass resisting arrest and then a whole bunch of yelling and people trying to film it with their cellphones.  Nobody attacks the cop in that video.

So yeah, maybe you should pay a little more attention before going into your usual boot-licking routine. You might also question why it is you have this agenda and maybe even why someone posted this with a misleading title, and maybe consider that there could be a connection between these two things, but hey that's up to you.

Or in terms you might better understand; I got bit by a dog once but that doesn't give me an excuse to start kicking every dog I see.

That's great that you can get on Youtube and search for some shit to try and prove your point and all, but next time you might want to actually watch the videos before you start copy-pasting because in the very first one there's zero indication that the cop was attacked by anybody.  Maybe it happened off camera, or maybe he tased one of the kids and then kicked their dog, but all that happens for sure is some dumbass resisting arrest and then a whole bunch of yelling and people trying to film it with their cellphones.  Nobody attacks the cop in that video.

So yeah, maybe you should pay a little more attention before going into your usual boot-licking routine. You might also question why it is you have this agenda and maybe even why someone posted this with a misleading title, and maybe consider that there could be a connection between these two things, but hey that's up to you.

Or in terms you might better understand; I got bit by a dog once but that doesn't give me an excuse to start kicking every dog I see.

I agree. It's a terrible idea to take a few instances and act like all dogs are bad. Seems like doing that to police is a bad idea too. Sometimes it's like your arguing with yourself.

So that's what you got out of that huh? Not how difficult a job being a cop is. Not how easily things escalate and the multitude of variables that go into every single situation? Just that the cop I wasn't attacked

Considering the video that you yourself posted was titled "Mob Attacks Kalamazoo Police Officer" and they, y'know, did nothing of the sort.. Yes, that is what I got from it.  Just admit you didn't watch the shit, because it does nothing at all to support this "us vs. them" theory you seem to keep championing despite clearly being on the "them" side of the ledger with the rest of us.

I agree. It's a terrible idea to take a few instances and act like all dogs are bad. Seems like doing that to police is a bad idea too. Sometimes it's like your arguing with yourself.

Ah, I see you and your old friend from Cracker Barrel are still on good terms. Did he ever find a brain?

Considering the video that you yourself posted was titled "Mob Attacks Kalamazoo Police Officer" and they, y'know, did nothing of the sort.. Yes, that is what I got from it.  Just admit you didn't watch the shit, because it does nothing at all to support this "us vs. them" theory you seem to keep championing despite clearly being on the "them" side of the ledger with the rest of us.

Ah, I see you and your old friend from Cracker Barrel are still on good terms. Did he ever find a brain?

I watched the video. The point is that the situation clearly escalated when it didn't need to and the officer was in the damn car and completely vulnerable. Do you only see the world in black and white?

You are applying the same principles you hate people applying to black people and are applying them to cops. You are a copist.

I watched the video. The point is that the situation clearly escalated when it didn't need to and the officer was in the damn car and completely vulnerable.

Aside from having a handgun, taser, body armor, handcuffs, tonfa, probably some pepper spray, shotgun or other long gun in the trunk.. Yes, completely vulnerable.

You are a copist.

:lmao:   :facepalm:

Archived