What the hell is happening in Ferguson?

kennethmw

I feel it it would be really awesome if a cop pulled you (specifically) over for speeding, decided randomly that he then wanted to arrest you (for breaking the law) and when you seem to have an attitude about that put you in a choke hold until you pass out/die.

All IMHO of course.

You want me to die because you disagree with me on an internet message board? Grow up dude. 

Attacking a police officer surely does and in the other instance they were not trying to kill him. 

In the other instance they used a move that had been deemed against the law. The fact that it was deemed against the law was for a reason.

You want me to die because you disagree with me on an internet message board? Grow up dude. 

You are right, I apologize. I hadn't had my coffee and was grumpy. I don;t really wish you death. I do wish you to have to suffer under a similar circumstance so you could gain some empathy.

Face palm is the equivalent of I don't really understand this issue enough to talk about it intelligently but it seems like I should think this way so I will.

No, a face palm is appropriate because is there anything that I could have said that will make you change your mind?  No.  You're set.  It's, gasp, black and white to you, the one who likes to talk about these 'grey' areas of reality you keep referring to.  Kinda ironic, no?  

I can't believe the others are still trying to have a civil discussion with your ignorant ass.  

Not if the policeman/force has been down dressed by the DOJ

So you have empathy for the guy who just pushed over a clerk and stole from him then went for a cops gun but don't have empathy for a policeman who was being attacked because there were some racist emails going around in his office that he may have never known about?

So you have empathy for the guy who just pushed over a clerk and stole from him then went for a cops gun but don't have empathy for a policeman who was being attacked because there were some racist emails going around in his office that he may have never known about?

It's still up for debate that he stole from him. Further I'm not talking about Wilson, I'm talking about your complete ignoral of the other DOJ report.

I agree with you. (I can't believe I'm saying that ). It's obvious there are some deep-rooted issues in this community that can't be ignored. This event seems to be the tipping point.

Whoa, I can't believe I agree with this entire post.

Mathew 5:13 "and then Jesus said on to the clerk give me those fucking cigarillos or I will attack you as I leave your store. Whence a constable came upon Jesus with said cigarillos jesus sayeth to the constable. Give ye thy weapon for which I will strike thee down."

John 3:15 "and then Jesus sayeth to the constable man why you always questioning me about selling illegal cigarettes. Just because I was doing it last week doesn't mean I was doing it this week. I beyeth agitated and will not submit to a search of my person"

Yeh good point, I mean all Jesus did (allegedly) was go into a temple and start wrecking shit and beating people.  Hardly compares to a serious crime like a sales tax code violation.

Is it wrong that I halfway hope a cop beats your ass for jaywalking because he's having a bad day?  I'm not proud of it, but I kinda do.  :shrug:

Yeh good point, I mean all Jesus did (allegedly) was go into a temple and start wrecking shit and beating people.  Hardly compares to a serious crime like a sales tax code violation.

Is it wrong that I halfway hope a cop beats your ass for jaywalking because he's having a bad day?  I'm not proud of it, but I kinda do.  :shrug:

Yeah. You seem to have the emotional development of a child. 

I'm hurt.....I want you to be hurt. 

JesusNinjaThumb.jpg

Oh I'm not hurt, don't flatter yourself. It's more, eh call it a "cosmic justice" thing for someone who thinks death is a fitting punishment for selling loose cigs.

It pains me that I have written so many points and that is what you have gotten out of it. When I have specifically said several times the opposite. That's a you problem. You are taking this to exaggerated levels.

A fitting punishment for selling loose cigarettes is a fine and maybe some jail time. A fitting punishment for resisting arrest is an attempt to subdue someone. 

YOU CAN NOT ACT LIKE HE TOOK OUT HIS GUN AND EXECUTED HIM FOR SELLING LOOSE CIGS. It didn't happen that way and when you paint it that way you not only lose the discussion, you make real racism be called into question. 

YOU CAN NOT ACT LIKE HE TOOK OUT HIS GUN AND EXECUTED HIM FOR SELLING LOOSE CIGS.

No, he used a chokehold that was against PD regs, IIRC, and killed someone.  I think that'd be negligent homicide or the like if it wasn't a cop, but it was so hey np.

Meanwhile a member of a white supremacist prison gang goes on a murderous shooting spree, barricades himself in an apartment, yet the SWAT team manages to bring him in alive.

You don't think race played a factor in the wildly different outcomes? I would call that naive at best.

Archived