What the hell is happening in Ferguson?

kennethmw

It pains me that I have written so many points and that is what you have gotten out of it. When I have specifically said several times the opposite. That's a you problem. You are taking this to exaggerated levels.

A fitting punishment for selling loose cigarettes is a fine and maybe some jail time. A fitting punishment for resisting arrest is an attempt to subdue someone. 

YOU CAN NOT ACT LIKE HE TOOK OUT HIS GUN AND EXECUTED HIM FOR SELLING LOOSE CIGS. It didn't happen that way and when you paint it that way you not only lose the discussion, you make real racism be called into question. 

That cop knew that that hold was illegal.

Further the fact that the only person charged with anything in that case is the guy who shot the footage. That alone should speak volumes as to how on the up and up this thing is. What possible reason could anyone give to make it against the law to shoot footage of an arrest?

It pains me that I have written so many points and that is what you have gotten out of it. When I have specifically said several times the opposite. That's a you problem. You are taking this to exaggerated levels.

A fitting punishment for selling loose cigarettes is a fine and maybe some jail time. A fitting punishment for resisting arrest is an attempt to subdue someone. 

YOU CAN NOT ACT LIKE HE TOOK OUT HIS GUN AND EXECUTED HIM FOR SELLING LOOSE CIGS. It didn't happen that way and when you paint it that way you not only lose the discussion, you make real racism be called into question. 

Selling loosies is on the level of jay walking as far as crimes go IMO.. Not even as serious as speeding as no one is getting killed by someone selling loosies on the corner.  You think that's a reason to arrest someone? Let alone choke them to death? It's not like the guy was on some sort of rampage. He was standing on a corner selling a few cigarettes. BFD.

Further the fact that the only person charged with anything in that case is the guy who shot the footage. That alone should speak volumes as to how on the up and up this thing is. What possible reason could anyone give to make it against the law to shoot footage of an arrest?

I agree the cop should have gotten negligence or something like that.

Selling loosies is on the level of jay walking as far as crimes go IMO.. Not even as serious as speeding as no one is getting killed by someone selling loosies on the corner.  You think that's a reason to arrest someone? Let alone choke them to death? It's not like the guy was on some sort of rampage. He was standing on a corner selling a few cigarettes. BFD.

Is that what I wrote?

A group of people in one group sends racist emails. It's ok to then say everyone in the group is racist. This sounds a bit like I don't know racism.

When those people are in a position of authority and the emails are going to the entire group, and none of that group speak up, then they are all supporting and perpetuating institutionalized racism. All of them.

This is when racism is particularly dangerous, especially when we're discussing a predominantly black city's white government and police force (!) so you sound a bit like I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground, pardon me for saying.

I have no idea why you're so intent on defending these cocksuckers, like "oh well they found themselves not guilty" but carry on with telling us what racism isn't.

When those people are in a position of authority and the emails are going to the entire group, and none of that group speak up, then they are all supporting and perpetuating institutionalized racism. All of them.

This is when racism is particularly dangerous, especially when we're discussing a predominantly black city's white government and police force (!) so you sound a bit like I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground, pardon me for saying.

I have no idea why you're so intent on defending these cocksuckers, like "oh well they found themselves not guilty" but carry on with telling us what racism isn't.

They sent the emails to the entire department?

Also, If I receive a racist email that doesn't make me racist. 

They sent the emails to the entire department?

Also, If I receive a racist email that doesn't make me racist. 

It does if you know those emails came from inside the place you work, and the people sending them are in positions of authority and you don't say anything about it..

"Just because I was there when they pushed the Jews in the pits doesn't make me complicit does it?"

What's scarier to me than the ongoing obvious police killings, mostly of ethnic victims, is the cry from the punditry for compliance. I simply cannot stand that argument. "Just lay down and don't run and they won't kill you!" WTF?

Sometimes the fucking police don't deserve compliance based on a bullshit reason for harrassing you, and your lack of compliance for your alleged "crimes" doesn't mean the cops get to issue you a death sentence...or even Tase you over it. Fuck them.

What's scarier to me than the ongoing obvious police killings, mostly of ethnic victims, is the cry from the punditry for compliance. I simply cannot stand that argument. "Just lay down and don't run and they won't kill you!" WTF?

Sometimes the fucking police don't deserve compliance based on a bullshit reason for harrassing you, and your lack of compliance for your alleged "crimes" doesn't mean the cops get to issue you a death sentence...or even Tase you over it. Fuck them.

But a cop can't judge immediately if they are harassing you for a bullshit reason or you have a gun and are a danger to me or my family or the cop. That's why you have to comply.

A cop is lenient once, he could be dead. He can't give everyone the benefit of the doubt in those initial stages.

A cop has seconds to judge a situation and guess right. I mess up on my job almost nothing happens. A cop does people die.

But a cop can't judge immediately if they are harassing you for a bullshit reason or you have a gun and are a danger to me or my family or the cop. That's why you have to comply.

A cop is lenient once, he could be dead. He can't give everyone the benefit of the doubt in those initial stages.

A cop has seconds to judge a situation and guess right. I mess up on my job almost nothing happens. A cop does people die.

But in this situation he was clearly running from the officer. Isn't that typically when you pursue on foot and call for backup? There's just no excuse for the officer to shoot the man 8 times. What kind of shit is not being caught on tape? I don't want to paint all cops with a broad brush, but it's just inexcusable.

But in this situation he was clearly running from the officer. Isn't that typically when you pursue on foot and call for backup? There's just no excuse for the officer to shoot the man 8 times. What kind of shit is not being caught on tape? I don't want to paint all cops with a broad brush, but it's just inexcusable.

I completely agree. This cop was way out of line. Should be murder as soon as he turns his back

Remember the case in NYC where the guy who recorded Eric Garner getting killed was the only one charged with anything.

Well TX now wants to make it against the law to record as well.

http://www.ringoffireradio.com/2015/04/texas-gop-introduces-bill-to-make-recording-police-illegal/

What are these guys wanting to hide?

That's not being overly dramatic at all....

Archived