What the hell is happening in Ferguson?

kennethmw

You are still missing the point of why people are protesting. Again...

Given that and whether or not the shooting is justified, one can see why the protests came about, the character of Brown doesnt even matter here.

The protests came about because people lied about what happened. Thats it. If the truth was told from the beginning, the protests would have never happened.

and

and

You are just so illogically dillusional on the way that things happen in the real world in real time. I literally sometimes wonder if you live in an ecstacy fueled wonderland.

Do you have any idea how fast it takes a normal person to cover 10 yards at full charge? Seconds. Fucking seconds. 10 yards is no distance at at all. You expect this cop to holster his gun, unholster his tazer, aim and deploy? Are you nuts? That sounds like a logical thing to happen to you? Not to mention, this is an enormous man who has already proven to be physically violent. Tazers are not 100% effective, in fact, when drug users are hopped up, they are very unreliable. When a good cops life is at stake, and it is his choice to either live or let some scumbag violent criminal murder him- you think he should let the scumbag murder him. Its unbelievable to me, and likely any rational person, that you accept these things as reality and ideal. Crazy shit.

Did I miss where they said the distance apart they were?

The protests came about because people lied about what happened. Thats it. If the truth was told from the beginning, the protests would have never happened.

No. The protests came about because an unarmed kid was shot in a neighborhood where blacks are targeted abnormally and people wanted to know what happened. I imagine were I black I might too. (And I live in an "ecstacy fueled wonderland.")

He was unarmed. No weapons at all. No knife. No bat. No gun, nothing.

He was stopped for jay walking. He was shot at least 6 times. Unjustifiable.

They give cops non lethal weapons for a reason. 

Again.. if you had a gun, and your family was right behind you and some madman that had just attacked you was barreling towards you again, likely to finish you off or attack your family- you would let him? You would say it is unjustifiable for you to stop him with your gun?

Your mindset makes no sense. Why should that cop give up his life, for the life of a violent criminal who literally just attacked him?

And, reports are that the dude wasnt stopped for jaywalking. He was stopped because there was a call about the robbery and he saw the cigars. This is the problem with you people. You run with the lies that were told by his criminal friend, you run with the lies put out by certain liberal media outlets, and refuse to accept truth and facts as they are reported.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/ferguson-officer-stopped-michael-brown-for-walking-in-street-but/article_52c40b84-ad90-5f9a-973c-70d628d0be04.html

Jackson said the officer was aware cigars had been taken in the robbery of a store nearby, but did not know when he encountered Brown and Dorian Johnson that they might be suspects. He stopped them because they were walking in the street, Jackson said.

But Jackson told the Post-Dispatch that the officer, Darren Wilson, saw cigars in Brown's hand and realized he might be the robber.

Did I miss where they said the distance apart they were?

You've missed a ton of facts in this story.. but dont let that stop you... 

No. The protests came about because an unarmed kid was shot in a neighborhood where blacks are targeted abnormally and people wanted to know what happened. I imagine were I black I might too. (And I live in an "ecstacy fueled wonderland.")

No. No, thats not why. The protests happened because of the LIARS and the LIES that the media ran with to incite racial tensions. Had the real story been told, that this violent lunatic had already attacked the cop and after being told to freeze was charging him to attack again when he was shot- the reaction would have been WAY different. WAY different, and you are lying if you actually say otherwise.

No. No, thats not why. The protests happened because of the LIARS and the LIES that the media ran with to incite racial tensions. Had the real story been told, that this violent lunatic had already attacked the cop and after being told to freeze was charging him to attack again when he was shot- the reaction would have been WAY different. WAY different, and you are lying if you actually say otherwise.

Really because im pretty sure the protests I 've seen have been people asking what happened.

Mods what is the escalation from where a person gets his post edited for personal attacksto them not being able to post anymore because of those attacks?

Usually once warned, if they persist in violating the rules they will earn a time-out.. If someone has accumulated enough warnings, the mods may collectively decide to issue more serious punitive actions.  If the infraction is egregious enough we will suspend immediately and without warning until the mod group can determine what if any further action is required.

In the J&W forum, we try to be a little more liberal in determining what crosses the line because we understand the gravity of some of these discussions.. The edits I have made in this thread today were mild offenses in which the nature of the post was not altered by their removal so I took the liberty of cleaning it up.

I have not yet issued any warnings for uncivil behavior.. I hope I don't have to.

Really because im pretty sure the protests I 've seen have been people asking what happened.

These people seem to believe he had his hands up and they know what happened

molotov-ferguson.jpg

1408292524000-protest.jpg

53f2410e50156.preview-500.jpg

Exactly. Again, there is the real world with real happenings and real consequences for violence, and then a different world that some people live in....

Usually once warned, if they persist in violating the rules they will earn a time-out.. If someone has accumulated enough warnings, the mods may collectively decide to issue more serious punitive actions.  If the infraction is egregious enough we will suspend immediately and without warning until the mod group can determine what if any further action is required.

In the J&W forum, we try to be a little more liberal in determining what crosses the line because we understand the gravity of some of these discussions.. The edits I have made in this thread today were mild offenses in which the nature of the post was not altered by their removal so I took the liberty of cleaning it up.

I have not yet issued any warnings for uncivil behavior.. I hope I don't have to.

thanks for clarifying

1st no eyewitness has said he was shot in the back.

2nd there are 3 witness say he had his hand up and was shot.

3rd 1 person a friend of the officer says she was told by the officer that he was rushing toward the officer.

Now a lot of people (news and such) are trying to justify the shooting by saying the officer was being rushed. This based on someone who called into a radio show saying this is what she was told.

You have 3 eyewitnesses vs 1 hearsay. Sorry but at this point I have to go with the people who were there and not someone who claims to have been told something by someone.

3rd 1 person a friend of the officer says she was told by the officer that he was rushing toward the officer.

Now a lot of people (news and such) are trying to justify the shooting by saying the officer was being rushed. This based on someone who called into a radio show saying this is what she was told.

You have 3 eyewitnesses vs 1 hearsay. Sorry but at this point I have to go with the people who were there and not someone who claims to have been told something by someone.

See post #111 in this thread.

That's what blows my mind these guys going on about people not knowing the facts but conveniently ignoring all the other facts that might make one question exactly what did happen

Again.. if you had a gun, and your family was right behind you and some madman that had just attacked you was barreling towards you again, likely to finish you off or attack your family- you would let him? You would say it is unjustifiable for you to stop him with your gun?

Your mindset makes no sense. Why should that cop give up his life, for the life of a violent criminal who literally just attacked him?

And, reports are that the dude wasnt stopped for jaywalking. He was stopped because there was a call about the robbery and he saw the cigars. This is the problem with you people. You run with the lies that were told by his criminal friend, you run with the lies put out by certain liberal media outlets, and refuse to accept truth and facts as they are reported.

I'm not a cop that is trained in such matters and has other means of stopping him that isn't a gun.

But anyway no I would not let him. I would kick his fucking ass. Stomp a mud hole in his ass

and walk that fucker dry. 

So now that cop was going to get killed? Show me where Michael Brown was ever convicted of murder.

Accused of murder? Violent history or record? He graduated High School and was getting ready to

start College. Took more cigars than he paid for or was rude and all of a sudden he's a murderer?

OK. And my mind set makes no sense? lol 

It is hilarious that you try and slam me for "running with lies put out by certain liberal media outlets,

and refuse to accept truth and facts as they are reported" but I can show you in a link from the same

fucking site you just posted that he was stopped for walking across the street and only after did he realize

he "might" be a suspect. Read the 3rd article down. 

http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/ferguson-chief-says-officer-didn-t-know-michael-brown-was/article_52c40b84-ad90-5f9a-973c-70d628d0be04.html?mobile_touch=true

:lmao: 

You were saying? 

Interview with Shawn Parcells who assisted in the 2nd autopsy.  Answers some questions about what "may" have happened.

http://on.msnbc.com/1pGxIs7

Good interview with one of the witnesses who it is being reported by some that said he was shot in the back.  At no point does she say that.

http://on.msnbc.com/1nUExkx

I'm not a cop that is trained in such matters and has other means of stopping him that isn't a gun.
But anyway no I would not let him. I would kick his fucking ass. Stomp a mud hole in his ass
and walk that fucker dry. 

So now that cop was going to get killed? Show me where Michael Brown was ever convicted of murder.
Accused of murder? Violent history or record? He graduated High School and was getting ready to
start College. Took more cigars than he paid for or was rude and all of a sudden he's a murder?
OK. And my mind set makes no sense? lol 

It is hilarious that you try and slam me for "running with lies put out by certain liberal media outlets,
and refuse to accept truth and facts as they are reported" but I can show you in a link from the same
fucking site you just posted that he was stopped for walking across the street and only after did he realize
he "might" be a suspect. Read the 3rd article down. 

http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/ferguson-chief-says-officer-didn-t-know-michael-brown-was/article_52c40b84-ad90-5f9a-973c-70d628d0be04.html?mobile_touch=true

:lmao: 

You were saying? 

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/15/raw-video-surveillance-video-believed-to-show-michael-brown-robbing-convenience-store/

:thumbsup:

Ummm, thanks for showing me something the whole world has seen several hundred times 

a day for the past 5 days. Way to contribute to the thread. Pure awesome. :thumbsup:

Holy shit I am literally :lmao: at him trying to degrade me and then me getting
to show him what he said was false was in the SAME FUCKING LINK HE POSTED TO ME!!!

:20: I can't breath!

Too many pronouns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maA1FUJqhew

Then attacked the clerk?

:thumbsup:

Ummm, thanks for showing me something the whole world has seen several hundred times 
a day for the past 5 days. Way to contribute to the thread. Pure awesome. :thumbsup:

There's a video of him from less than two hours before the event where he attacked a clerk.

Then attacked the clerk?

There's a video of him from less than two hours before the event where he attacked a clerk.

I literally sighed after reading this. 

Actually he didn't attack a clerk. 

The clerk came and confronted him and put his hands on him.

He pushed him away. 

It has been speculated that Brown paid for cigars, didn't have enough money to cover them

and either tried to put some back or took them. Then was confronted. There was no attack.

And the clerk never called the police reporting ANY crime.

Your bias is showing. 

I literally sighed after reading this. 

Actually he didn't attack a clerk. 

The clerk came and confronted him and put his hands on him.

He pushed him away. 

It has been speculated that Brown paid for cigars, didn't have enough money to cover them

and either tried to put some back or took them. Then was confronted. There was no attack.

And the clerk never called the police reporting ANY crime.

Your bias is showing. 

Further the owner of the store said nobody from the store itself reported them stolen that a customer had called the police. That makes me question whether or not the clerk believed they were stolen.

Archived