Contest: 2014 Over/Under

In a recent article repost (linky) a number of proposition bets regarding Bengal player performance this upcoming year were offered up.  I'm using those, plus a tenth one of my own, to make a contest!

Here are the proposition bets.  For each, you will be asked to pick OVER or UNDER:

1. Andy Dalton - Total Passing Yards in the 2014 Regular Season (Over/Under = 3900½)
2. Andy Dalton - Total Passing Touchdowns in the 2014 Regular Season (O/U = 27½)
3. Andy Dalton - Total Interceptions thrown in the 2014 Regular Season (O/U = 16½)
4. Giovani Bernard - Total Rushing & Receiving Yards in the 2014 Regular Season (O/U = 1400½)
5. Giovani Bernard - Total Touchdowns in the 2014 Regular Season (O/U = 8½)
6. AJ Green - Total Receiving Yards in the 2014 Regular Season (O/U = 1250½)
7. AJ Green - Total Receiving Touchdowns in the 2014 Regular Season (O/U = 9½)
8. AJ Green - Total Receptions in the 2014 Regular Season (O/U = 92½)
9. Geno Atkins - Total Sacks in the 2014 Regular Season (O/U = 8¼)
10. Bengals - Total Wins in the 2014 Regular Season (O/U = 9¼) (a tie will be counted as ½)

Here's the tiebreaker.  If you tie someone on the 10 O/U bets, whomever is closest to this actual figure will win:

TIEBREAK: Total yards for Dalton (Passing), Bernard (Rushing & Receiving) and Green (Receiving)... COMBINED.  In essence, add the results for questions 1, 4 and 6 (the ones bolded above).  I want a single #.

Entries should look like this:

1. OVER

2. UNDER

3. UNDER

4. ..

5. ..

6. ..

7. ..

8. ..

9. ..

10. ..

TB. 74,000 

Of course, use YOUR OWN values for 1-10 and TB.

Post your picks to this thread.  Picks that contain an "Edited at" timestamp will be invalid.  If you need to change your picks, just delete your original post and post a new one.  Picks are due before kickoff of the season opener against Baltimore.

<table><tr><td>Test</td></tr></table>

Hmmm... I'm guessing HTML tags within posts is diabled.  This will make maintaining a standings table a little more... interesting.  :

You have to select "Enable HTML" on your post and it will work.. 

You have to select "Enable HTML" on your post and it will work.. 

I changed it for you to demonstrate.. You have to use the full editor.. The check box is on the right side of the screen.. 

Actually, check that.. If you edit your post, there is an "Enable HTML" check box just beneath the posting window.. So you don't have to use the full editor.

Editor options:

•      Paste as plain text by default
  •      Clear my saved content

Hmmm.... 

I changed it for you to demonstrate.. You have to use the full editor.. The check box is on the right side of the screen.. 

Actually, check that.. If you edit your post, there is an "Enable HTML" check box just beneath the posting window.. So you don't have to use the full editor.

So I have to use the full editor, or post it first and then edit it.  Cool.  

Just tried it.  Posting then going back to edit it, the only checkbox beneath the posting window is "Show 'Edit by' line".  And you already know that when I select the options dongle at the top, I only get the two options shown at the top of this post.

I'll just ghetto-format it.

I looked at your edit of my original post. Even opened it in the Full Editor. There are no table, tr, or td tags to be seen. All that's there is my text inside "code=auto:0" and "/ code" tags. Are you certain that regular schmoes like me can use HTML and that's not a privilege reserved for folks like you?

I looked at your edit of my original post. Even opened it in the Full Editor. There are no table, tr, or td tags to be seen. All that's there is my text inside "code=auto:0" and "/ code" tags. Are you certain that regular schmoes like me can use HTML and that's not a privilege reserved for folks like you?

I am guessing it's a privilege.

Archived