iPhone 6

JC

Ah, misunderstood you. I just got a G2 a couple days ago as a "free" upgrade. I'm loving the thing. It's a great phone and I could care less about having something on the bleeding edge of technology. The battery life is amazing (for now at least), the phone is about as big as I'd ever want one to be (GTFO Note III phablets and your ilk!), the screen resolution and brightness are A-OK with me and I didn't have to change anything with my plan. Coming from a Razr-M, it's a huge step up for me even if the G2 is considered long in the tooth at this point even though the phone is now still a month shy of being a year old. I'm loving it. Hope your wife likes hers too. I think they're great.

its crazy what difference a year makes, two years is mind blowing, while all phones made a year ago stil lwork and function great, the stuff youll be able to do a year from now and so on are great. to be able to record 1080p 60fps video on a cell phone is mind blowing, i know its not something youll use tons, but adding image stabalizer to video, optical zoom and optical stabalization.. awesome stuff..

the advnces they are all making in durability is great.. samsungs water resistance, apples saphire lenses.. these are widely overlooked features that every consumer takes advantage of with or without knowing it..

scratch resistances is huge, if apple pulls off the saphire screen in the next few generations its a game changer, already the gorilla glass used doesnt scratch at all with keys or shit in your pocket, i DID drop my iphone 5s on rocks face down from about 5 feet, did knick the screen.. saphire wouldnt have knicked or scratched, .. and soooo many people get their phones wet, i would say 60% of cell phones are liquid damaged at some point in their lives...

big bulky otterbox cases are horrible, especially on bigger smartphones.. great protection but a complete waste of the design of current smart phones..

anyone remember trying to streaming video on phones 4 years ago? it was a pixelated joke.. now you can stream HD highlights within minutes of them happening, watch netflix in HD.. shits unreal..

another reason i hate the samsung fanbois who act like apple doesnt improve each model, when each model is 20+% faster than the last in processor power and graphic chip power... these are things that make the user experience so much better and smoother...

eager to get the iphone 6 in my hands.. even if i cant buy one for a few months...

screen%20shot%202014-09-11%20at%2011.17.

android = for spec whores

apple = for people who actually want their phones to work

android makers will always out spec every apple phone ever..

apple will always release those specs, that actually function and when people are actually going to use them.

androids nfc was adopted by less than .5% of its users and google wallet was around 2%. meanwhile my chase app and the chase website is advertising that they will support apple pay. 

we are reaching a day in technology where coming out with a feature that works and that can be adopted by the masses is far more important than coming out with it first.

i guess this is where i toss in that androids are replaces for hardware failure at roughly an 8% rate within the first 12 months, and apple phone are replaced for hardware failure at a less than 2% rate within the first year..

not to mention running an operating system thats made for the hardware you are using is more important than anyone will ever imagine.

over 99% of all spyware and spamware is on android OS.

i can keep going... i do this for a living...  :25:

For some reason since I upgraded to iOS 8, I can not open word documents in my email...

i am not having any issues, are you using the built in email app or like gmail app or something..  i use gmail app for my gmail and mail+ app for my exchange.. both are opening all documents fine.. but im not using the native mail app at all..

things to try:

soft reset: holding home button and power for 20-30 seconds until it reboots

delete and re-add email account

i havent seen anyone come in with this issue, actually i havent seen anyone come in with any ios 8 issues surprisingly...

i am not having any issues, are you using the built in email app or like gmail app or something..  i use gmail app for my gmail and mail+ app for my exchange.. both are opening all documents fine.. but im not using the native mail app at all..

things to try:

soft reset: holding home button and power for 20-30 seconds until it reboots
delete and re-add email account

i havent seen anyone come in with this issue, actually i havent seen anyone come in with any ios 8 issues surprisingly...

I figured out its not word... It's a calendar program for scheduling at my second job.. It worked pre ios 8 but doesn't work now. I asked the guy if he is doing anything diff and he said no... I dunno lol

Slightly off topic, but I have the 4S, and have a USB port in my car (Ford Focus).  I updated the OS and prior to this, I was able to plug in my phone, and music would automatically play.  

Now it seems you have to have the cell option on for music for this to work automatically.  

What the hell?  I can manually play music but some of the functionality is gone (for example, I could skip a song if I wanted to).  

android = for spec whores

apple = for people who actually want their phones to work brand whores

I've had the same Samsung phone for years w/no issues.  Not one.

Ultimately? DGAF really what brand of cellphone you prefer.  The fanboy miasma was getting a bit thick in here, though. 

bono-u2-charity.jpg

Slightly off topic, but I have the 4S, and have a USB port in my car (Ford Focus).  I updated the OS and prior to this, I was able to plug in my phone, and music would automatically play.  

Now it seems you have to have the cell option on for music for this to work automatically.  

What the hell?  I can manually play music but some of the functionality is gone (for example, I could skip a song if I wanted to).  

that happens, ford may do a software/firmware update to make it compatiple again.. depending how old it is they may not..

JY1yUWy.jpg

people were bending the 5's and the 5s's as well. this is nothing new... and it takes a fucking lot, as you can see if that video, to bend it..

I've had the same Samsung phone for years w/no issues.  Not one.

Ultimately? DGAF really what brand of cellphone you prefer.  The fanboy miasma was getting a bit thick in here, though. 

bono-u2-charity.jpg

i must have missed the part where i said every android user ever has issues....

i do it all day, and its not even close... its basically buying a honda accord or a ford tourus... 

the way samsung abandones their devices of all support in less than two years is pretty frustrating as well. 

i stopped my work on my way to dinner this evening, there were 27 phones in queue for repair, 1 of them was an iphone. one was an LG, 3 HTC, 22 samsung, nothing older than s3...

to completely disregard and blow off as fanboi-ism the fact that a device works so incredibly much better when one company is making the hardware, the software, and scrutinizing the apps....is ridiculous, and 99.9% of spamware and spyware being on android devices isnt fanboi-ism either... 

apple is so popular because it makes products that are effective for a large part of the general public anyone with no knowledge to those with vast knowledge can use the devices and be happy with them... there are "brand whores" with every brand. apple ones come across a lot more annoying, but they are no different than the galaxy whores i see daily.... bunch of hispters whose only knowledge of technology is that they dont want an iphone.

there isnt a single argument on the planet that defies the facts about the product quality... when a product has 8x as many faulty products and sells less than half as many phones... thats not fanboi-ism...

enjoy your samsung, i'll enjoy my iphone...

I am still in love with my G2. It's an excellent phone. I also worked in the business for a minute and I have to agree with Go about Samsung phones being the ones the majority of people were bringing in with issues...a real common one with the S3 and S4 was the charging port getting all loosey-goosey over time and having charging issues. I admire Apple's dragon cable for the 5S that was a new thing at the time and resolved that "is it going in the right way...don't force it it'll bend the pins!" issue.

I like iPhones, but I never wanted one because I always felt they were too small for me, just like I thought phones like the Note III and now the HTC and whatever "MEGA ULTRA ULTRA" phones are out there that are just way too damn big for me. The LG G2 I've got is a perfect size for me and has great battery life, a great camera, takes great looking videos, has a bright 1080i HD display and is as fast as I need it to be.

Sure, there are other phones out there that are better but I've never ben one of those people that need to use their phone for streaming much as I prefer to watch video on much larger screens than phones can provide when I can, plus my 100Mb speed at home crushes network speeds and any other wifi I've ever accessed.

Let me see what my Verizon phone's speed is on my wifi network via speedtest.net...

20.2 down and 6.5 up...and I just remembered that since we are poor, we throttled back our internet speeds to a 50Mb setting...so not bad at all for an older phone...

I guess there might be "Samsung hipsters" somewhere, but I've never seen anyone rocking Samsung stickers or tattoos.  Samsung isn't really relevant here though; what amuses me is that Apple has convinced people that your cellphone is an important decision.  That their phone that was the "next big thing" a year or so ago is now inadequate, and you should spend another $500+ to replace it immediately. Forget the hardware; this is what they're good at - convincing people that their cellphone is a lifestyle choice.  Their marketing (which is their real genius) is the epitome of "cool kid" brand whoring, and it's ridiculous.  Superior hardware is definitely not their selling point.

Certainly a drop in the bucket of our consumer culture, but even for someone drinking the Kool-Aid I'd hope you can still find some humor in it.

• 1 month later...

Posting from my brand new iPhone 6+ 64gb space grey. First iPhone ever. Loving it so far.

and you'll never go back...  congrats.. great device..

i will say though, there were some issues with the memory chips on the 64gb and 128gb, i assume thats been fixed months ago, so you should be good.. but if case you get weird memory issues... apple will swap it free of course..

and you'll never go back...  congrats.. great device..

i will say though, there were some issues with the memory chips on the 64gb and 128gb, i assume thats been fixed months ago, so you should be good.. but if case you get weird memory issues... apple will swap it free of course..

Good looking. So far it's been great.

Archived