Holy shit! I have to defend Hillary!

BengalBacker

3 words... ALL LIVES MATTER. Any hate coming from a church over that one statement almost makes me group them along with the other hate groups. All lives do matter regardless of race, religion, gender, etc...

The problem isn't with the 3 words. No one would disagree with that statement. It's that it became a political counterpoint to the "Black lives matter" protest chants. Which weren't trying to be any more exclusive than having a black history month. I shouldn't have to explain why someone retorting to that with "Where's the white history month!?" is all sorts of fucked up. The "All lives matter" was pretty close to that in a lot of peoples opinions.

So while I agree with you that she shouldn't get shit on for saying it. I can also understand why some would be upset that she did...

The problem isn't with the 3 words. No one would disagree with that statement. It's that it became a political counterpoint to the "Black lives matter" protest chants. Which weren't trying to be any more exclusive than having a black history month. I shouldn't have to explain why someone retorting to that with "Where's the white history month!?" is all sorts of fucked up. The "All lives matter" was pretty close to that in a lot of peoples opinions.

So while I agree with you that she shouldn't get shit on for saying it. I can also understand why some would be upset that she did...

Understood. Had it not been a pastor, priest, etc... This would not sound so bad to me. They represent their church, religion, and citizens. Mixing religion and politics usually results in mud.

...Mixing religion and politics usually results in mud.

and yet you have entire congregations getting told to vote Republican by their pastors, but when the Pope says, "you know, maybe we shouldn't pollute the Earth so much" Republicans loose their marbles.

Y'know - maybe if "All Lives" were treated equally people wouldn't need to be specific.   I can't help but read that as along the lines of other favorites such as "but how come there's no White History Month" or "How come gay pride is ok but white pride isn't" or "Why don't they just not break the law" and other such classics of the obliviously privileged majority.

and yet you have entire congregations getting told to vote Republican by their pastors, but when the Pope says, "you know, maybe we shouldn't pollute the Earth so much" Republicans loose their marbles.

Leave the science to the scientists.... like the Pope who holds a masters in Chemistry. :lol:

It's actually the point I stopped going to the one I attended. Most of the rhetoric seemed to be centered around abortion. To me I can't stand something or someone saying God supports / is against " fill in the blank "

Separation of church and state...

Y'know - maybe if "All Lives" were treated equally people wouldn't need to be specific.   I can't help but read that as along the lines of other favorites such as "but how come there's no White History Month" or "How come gay pride is ok but white pride isn't" or "Why don't they just not break the law" and other such classics of the obliviously privileged majority.

Like I just said in the other thread, why do you do shit like this all the time? Who in here posts the kind of things you accuse people of all the time?

Like I just said in the other thread, why do you do shit like this all the time? Who in here posts the kind of things you accuse people of all the time?

Scroll to the top of the page, it's right there for you.

[hoping this doesn't turn into another reading comprehension thing]

1. Pardon me as sometimes it's hard to differentiate between feigned ignorance and the genuine article

2.  Do you read your own posts? Pot, kettle, etc.

No sir. Please pardon me. Please do carry on with your superior intellectualism and educate us all!

Archived