Vontaze Burfict: I hate Pittsburgh

Really?  Maybe Burfict is in their heads a bit as well.  That's good.

It doesn't fit the narrative.  It doesn't fit the historical story of the rivalry.      It doesn't fit Bengal fan thoughts because clearly "Bengal Fans" have little brother syndrome with the Stealers and they are in the heads of our fans.

BUT....   with the actual players and the actual plays The Bengals are the bullies this time around.     If you watch the last game the Stealers hurt themselves as much or more as the Bengals did with all the chippy stuff.     

This started with the acquisition of Zimmer and has been building.    We've acquired nasty hitting defenders.     

Yep, Burfict's just echoing the sentiments of the fan base really.  They're hated throughout the building.  Even Carson said the same damn thing after they won the SB in 2005.  There's really nothing to see here.

Time to live by Whit's mantra from last year.  "We set the damn tone, you want some you gonna f-ing get some."

I will probably get in a fight on Saturday. I am not emotionally able to handle a shitbag stealers fan in my face if they were to win.

I would as well so I am watching the game at home. My wife is allowed to go shopping, meet with friends, bang her boyfriend etc... I don't care. I just want to watch the game in peace. I will be texting back and forth with 3 or 4 friends one of whom is a Steeler fan. He's ok though. He is pragmatic and not biased. Hilarious too. I agree though; I will not be able to control my anger/rage during the game if the Bengals are getting an ass kicking.

Anyway, ever actually get disappointed when you approached by "cool" Steeler fans? I was in Hoboken at a bar watching the Bengals-Stealers and there were about 6 Steeler fans and only me as the Bengal fan. They were cheering when the Stealers did something good, which is fair and normal, but I was itching for just ONE snide remark to me or even about the Bengals and it never came. I was sort of let down. A few minutes after the game (Stealers won), one guy gives me a slight slap on my shoulder and hands me a beer and says "Tough game. We got lucky". The devil in me said "Throw it in his face and slam the glass on his head". The angel said "Just drink the damn free beer". It was cool. All 7 of us hung out for another drink and headed out.

Archived