At what point do we start looking for a new kicker?

20 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Green produced all season. Teams had to game plan for him, Eifert, and Atkins. I'm pretty sure 2.1 yards a carry hill was not a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um, actually, that was 3.6 ypc. Not that it's a huge difference. Just pointing out that you were wrong. 

1 minute ago, thezerawkid said:

Um, actually, that was 3.6 ypc. Not that it's a huge difference. Just pointing out that you were wrong. 

Actually it kind of is. 1.5yds per is significant. 2.1 ypc is pathetic. 3.6 put him in the mix of average NFL running backs. A disappointment due to his projected ability for sure.

2 minutes ago, Lucid said:

Actually it kind of is. 1.5yds per is significant. 2.1 ypc is pathetic. 3.6 put him in the mix of average NFL running backs. A disappointment due to his projected ability for sure.

Fair enough. I was just trying to give the poster the benefit of the doubt on one hand before correcting him with the other. 

But yeah, you're right, if you're gaining 2.1 ypc, either your line terribly or you shouldn't be in the league. We all know this is not the case with Hill nor our o-line (save Bodine).

6 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Green produced all season. Teams had to game plan for him, Eifert, and Atkins. I'm pretty sure 2.1 yards a carry hill was not a factor.

I'm not talking about Green's YPC vs Hill, I'm talking about "don't touch the merchandise".  When they benched Hill for stuff Green & others got away with it sent the message that Hill is the scapegoat. They could've benched Green for a snap or two after one of his infrequent but frustrating brain-fart/low-effort plays without crippling the offense, but instead they chose to make an example out of a young player that was already struggling & absolutely kill his swagger. I think he deserved it, but so have many others and I've never seen them do that. No surprise how it turned out.

I'm not talking about Green's YPC vs Hill, I'm talking about "don't touch the merchandise".  When they benched Hill for stuff Green & others got away with it sent the message that Hill is the scapegoat. They could've benched Green for a snap or two after one of his infrequent but frustrating brain-fart/low-effort plays without crippling the offense, but instead they chose to make an example out of a young player that was already struggling & absolutely kill his swagger. I think he deserved it, but so have many others and I've never seen them do that. No surprise how it turned out.

Did we forget it was Green that caught the go ahead (touchdown) in his biggest game to date. Green did his job. Vontaze ( interception)did his job. Hill failed to do his job.

4 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Did we forget it was Green that caught the 25 year go ahead touchdown in his biggest game to date. Green did his job. Vontaze did his job. Hill took a coffee break

Green has screwed up plenty of times, including in the postseason.  Burfict hurt the team every bit as much as Hill & not on accident (like a fumble...) 

I'm guessing it was Hue's impulsive decision so Hill will be fine with him disrupting Cleveland's roster instead.

On 8/21/2016 at 8:18 AM, sparky151 said:

Don't forget the playoff game where Marvin ran Hill to gain yards instead of protecting the ball because he didn't think Nugent could hit the FG.

That was NEVER the kicker's fault, that was ALL on Marvin. Marvin and his 14 years of tenure with all the questionable playcalls, challenges, timeouts, etc and ZERO hardware to show for it. That's our Marvy Marv! "Hey, he turned around the culture of the team in 2003!" "Yeah, he did, good for him. So fucking what, win a goddamn playoff game and stop making us look like boobs"

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

Kickers that are better than 85% don't grow on trees. Better the demon you know than the one you don't. 

Tru dat... Buccaneers traded up to draft a kicker in the second round and now he is... struggling.

Just like the grass always being greener on the other side of the fence, the other kicker is always better.  Still, I hope  Mikey still has Horst Muhlman's phone number and an English to German translation dictionary handy.

On 8/23/2016 at 5:40 PM, T-Dub said:

Green has screwed up plenty of times, including in the postseason.  Burfict hurt the team every bit as much as Hill & not on accident (like a fumble...) 

I'm guessing it was Hue's impulsive decision so Hill will be fine with him disrupting Cleveland's roster instead.

Green screwed up to, he should have stopped at the half yd line. :ninja:

Also i think Nugent plays well Sunday and goes 3-3 on Fg's and 2-2 on EP

For all the flack Nugent takes, I can only remember him missing one kick that made a difference, the one against Carolina.

Anyone can be clutch when their team is winning. Guys are laughing and joking on the sidelines because the lead is comfortable. Than there's that moment when players and fans are on the edge of their seats. Nugents foot always seems to get twitchy and unsteady. You almost want to blindfold him and put on ear plugs before each kick so he doesn't know the score

On 8/23/2016 at 9:17 AM, RhodeIslandFan said:

yea hill only scored 11 touchdowns... and almost 800 yards in a split carries system..

no defenses cared about him at all

yea hill only scored 11 touchdowns... and almost 800 yards in a split carries system..

no defenses cared about him at all

Nope they did not. They won't this season either. Most of the pushing the ball down the field had to do with. Green, Eifert, Jones, and Sanu. All of his TDs were short yardage behind a great offensive line.

6 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Nope they did not. They won't this season either. Most of the pushing the ball down the field had to do with. Green, Eifert, Jones, and Sanu. All of his TDs were short yardage behind a great offensive line.

lol wtf

all rb's TD's mostly come from close range.. is there some RB out there getting all his TD's from 20+ yards out.. 

fat boy bettis made a HOF career off pounding it in, and hill is far far better running in sapce that that garbage truck ever was...

lol wtf

all rb's TD's mostly come from close range.. is there some RB out there getting all his TD's from 20+ yards out.. 

fat boy bettis made a HOF career off pounding it in, and hill is far far better running in sapce that that garbage truck ever was...

Seriously dude? Teams had to game plan for Bettis. no teams are game planning for hill. He's an afterthought. They worry more about Gio getting his mojo and busting out. Gio was a beast in college running punt returns. Trust me if Gio finds his groove this season. Hill won't see many touches. Especially if we focus on quick dink and dunk execution, which is tailor made for Gio's style.

2 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

I'll take Hill over Gio all day every day. Gio is a good player, but Hill is special and will have a MUCH better season than Gio. Will you join my fantasy league so you overdraft Gio? Please?

Give me both please, and if forced to choose it's a tough one. Gio is special too. A quick elusive back his size with vision who also plays with a chip and the physicality he does don't grow on trees. If forced I think I ultimately go with Gio. He is a good enough receiver to be a legitimate #3, and has proven durable and reliable. You still need a "between the tackles guy" to take some of the carries off, but Gio has shown he can do it all, inside, outside and in the passing game not to mention special teams which in reality he is probably too valuable to use there much.

• 4 weeks later...

That's 100% our OL.  I have no doubt our RB's would be tearing up the league behind even a halfway competent run-blocking group.

Your right in many ways. I can't remember the OLine being this atrocious in years. Just can't figure out what's changed other than AJ not under center. It's as if they universally stepped up their game in support of AJ Mc Carron because they knew he couldn't carry the offense. Now that Dalton's back their relying to much on Dalton finding a way. Dalton's also has a trust issue with his new herd of receivers. You can see his hesitation, which has led to unnecessary sacks.

• 2 months later...
We had a game last season where coach Lewis went for a 4th and I don't remember based on his confidence on Nugent making ridiculous chip shot field goal. This organization knows he's unreliable ,but have this at a fault sticking too long with descending talent. Shank Graham was here far to long. I cringe at the thought of this guy deciding a playoff win. God forbid he resurrects the ghost of the Buffalo Bills. Wide left

Little did I know at the time of this post that he would blow two against the bills wide right

Archived