53 and Potential Free Agents

Sitton either got into a confrontation and called someone in the lockeroom a ni**er or he was upset with his contract and they decided to let him go. Either way, doesn't add up to him being here.

Personally, I like Arthur Brown. Was a little disappointed Hawkins made the Browns. Really wanted u to see him come back here.

7 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I liked Jeff Driskel coming out. Seems like a great athlete who could develop. Very surprised we are going 3 at QB. Maybe prepping to trade McCarron next offseason. 

Driskel is a great athlete and a terrible QB.

If the Bengals manage to turn him into something useful, the new QB coach deserves a raise. 

That said, at least there actually is a chance Driskel might develop.  Keith Wenning doesn't even have that going for him.

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Not saying Hardison was all that and a bag of peanuts, but is anyone else but me a bit nervous about the DT rotation? 

And I hope nobody is thinking the Estonian version of the Maginot Line is part of that rotation.

I love our DT rotation, they didn't have enough snaps for all the DTs as is. The issue is DE which Hardison was going to play at times in the Gilberry role.

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

We could use another veteran receiver and our interior O-line backups were bad in preseason. If John Sullivan passes a physical, they ought to bring him in. They should also call in Jack Allen and David Yankey some Tuesday for the gong show. 

Westerman and Hopkins were very good. The guys who didn't make the team were the bad ones on interior. I'm not a fan of TJ Johnson or Bodine for that matter but we know we are stuck with them :( Guard is strong though.

51 minutes ago, Kochman said:

Guess he has a shitty attitude.

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr
If you are trying to teach a guy he needs to wake up and learn there are consequences, cut him and put him on the PS. Just sayin.

He did at TCU too. Gary Patterson commented on how Dawson could cost himself money in the NFL due to his attitude.

31 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I liked Jeff Driskel coming out. Seems like a great athlete who could develop. Very surprised we are going 3 at QB. Maybe prepping to trade McCarron next offseason. 

This would be my guess. Wondering if they got some pretty decent proposals for him this off-season but didn't pull the trigger due to lack of anything behind him.

24 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Westerman and Hopkins were very good. The guys who didn't make the team were the bad ones on interior. I'm not a fan of TJ Johnson or Bodine for that matter but we know we are stuck with them :( Guard is strong though.

Yeah, I'm more worried about OT than OG.

Archived