Stealers game......Visiting Cinci......

I coming in for the game against Pittsburgh in a couple of weeks.  Just wanted to know where is the best place to stay that will be on the inexpensive side.  I was looking at some hotels in Erlanger near the airport.  They look to be about 10 miles away.  Does anyone have any experience or know anyone with an experience staying there.  Thanks in advance fellas.  

3 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Driving in from PA.  

There should be some inexpensive places on your way in off of I-71. Erlanger is on the other side of town from where you're coming from, but not bad if you found some good rates. I will check out some places off of 71 in the Kings Island and Blue Ash/Kenwood area. There's a lot of places to eat and drink around there.

This one is off the highway in Blue Ash. Nice neighborhood. Huge mall a couple of miles away. $74. There's a Red Roof across the street for $60, but I googled it and there was a report of bed bugs 4 years ago. Anything you find in this area would be nice and convenient.

https://www.choicehotels.com/ohio/cincinnati/quality-inn-hotels/oh228

And traffic before a Bengals game is heavy, a lot more that Cap'n Hookey sez.

Maybe check out some of the downtown hotels.  Weston, Raddison, etc.

Not sure of the rates but I think (not sure) guests park free saving a few bucks and

a leisurely walk to PBS beats stressing out in traffic.  Worth a look-see on the

websites or a travel app.

Look asap.  Lots of Pittsturds troglodytes come in for this one.

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

And traffic before a Bengals game is heavy, a lot more that Cap'n Hookey sez.

Maybe check out some of the downtown hotels.  Weston, Raddison, etc.

Not sure of the rates but I think (not sure) guests park free saving a few bucks and

a leisurely walk to PBS beats stressing out in traffic.  Worth a look-see on the

websites or a travel app.

Look asap.  Lots of Pittsturds troglodytes come in for this one.

Traffic's not that bad from there. I've done it many times. Especially if you head down a little early. Downtown would be nice, but he said he wanted inexpensive. 

52 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Thank you.  I appreciate the information.  

I have stayed downtown multiple times before, just didnt want to pay 200+ a night this time around.  I will look into the Blue Ash area.  

You're welcome. Let us know what you decide if you want further recommendations, ie.. Food, beer.

1 minute ago, Hooky said:

You're welcome. Let us know what you decide if you want further recommendations, ie.. Food, beer.

I booked the quality hotel in Blue Ash.  It was $170 for two nights.  Ill take it.  Thank you.

You said there were some places for beer and food around there right?

21 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

I booked the quality hotel in Blue Ash.  It was $170 for two nights.  Ill take it.  Thank you.

Yes. There's Kenwood Towne Center that has pretty much anything you're looking for. It's a couple exits down 71. Or there's a couple of places within a mile from there. Firehouse Grill is one. It's decent pub/sports bar food with a pretty lengthy craft beer list. I would recommend that if you just want a short drive or a brisk walk.

12 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Yes. There's Kenwood Towne Center that has pretty much anything you're looking for. It's a couple exits down 71. Or there's a couple of places within a mile from there. Firehouse Grill is one. It's decent pub/sports bar food with a pretty lengthy craft beer list. I would recommend that if you just want a short drive or a brisk walk.

Ok.  Thanks again. 

Not at all recommended for Mr Paw but for any Stealer fans lurking, there is a bar on Walnut about a half block south of 5th Street/Fountain Square that is a favorite hang out for Pittsburgh fans.  Not sure of the name but you can't miss it because it has a rainbow fag flag hanging out front and rainbow neon beer sign in the window.

1 hour ago, SouthPaw said:

I don't know how up-to-date the GPS services may be, but FYI, the Applebees and Ruby Tuesday in Blue Ash have both closed.

Archived