Some uplifting stuff

I was at the Dillon game. He was literally the only player on offense who moved in a forward direction. Early-on, I recall the first series they tried to feature Akili in the intermediate pass. He was so inaccurate, I think he only had a few attempts the rest of the game. I'll look it up sometime, but I want to say he only had around 10 yds passing the entire match. 

It was fun to watch CD in full throttle motion--as unstoppable as I have witnessed in any game. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I was at the Dillon game. He was literally the only player on offense who moved in a forward direction. Early-on, I recall the first series they tried to feature Akili in the intermediate pass. He was so inaccurate, I think he only had a few attempts the rest of the game. I'll look it up sometime, but I want to say he only had around 10 yds passing the entire match. 

It was fun to watch CD in full throttle motion--as unstoppable as I have witnessed in any game. 

I was at that game, the Ravens and the Dolphins game that year. Smith started off well in the Dolphins game but right at the end of the first half with zero time on the clock and us winning, he fumbled and it was returned for a touchdown.  I remember that being the last time I ever saw Smith play well. Utter collapse in second half. It was a beautiful day though. 

Smith was TERRIBLE in the Denver and Ravens game.  Fuck, he was beyond terrible. I  bet the Redskins fans feel the same way about Haskins. 

I remember being excited to see the Ravens,  it was the next home game after Cory ran for 273.  I think he rushed for 25 yards in that one. 

6 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

2005 vs Stealers

Probably the best game the Bengals ever played.

They were unstoppable.

Favorite play is Tab Perry's KO return in the 3rd qtr.

A bittersweet victory for sure considering how the season ended.  Worse, the piss towel waivers won the Super Bowl after taking out Carson. 

8 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

I didn't attend this game.

I was at another game Dillion was infamous for.

The game where he threw his shoulder pads into the stands.

LOL, I don’t think I went to any games that year. 

16 minutes ago, SF2 said:

LOL, I don’t think I went to any games that year. 

Actually, that was my first Bengals game.

Received tickets from Chad Johnson, though a relative that knew him.

On a good note, got to meet quite a few players after the game through Chad.

Eric Stenibach

Kelley Washington 

Rudi Johnson

Jeremi Johnson

Kevin Hardy

Probably a few more whose names I can't remember

1 hour ago, SmoothD said:

Actually, that was my first Bengals game.

Received tickets from Chad Johnson, though a relative that knew him.

On a good note, got to meet quite a few players after the game through Chad.

Eric Stenibach

Kelley Washington 

Rudi Johnson

Jeremi Johnson

Kevin Hardy

Probably a few more whose names I can't remember

That's cool. Chad was just a youngster at that point.  It was a pretty good young team, should have accomplished more but at least they won more than 4 games a year. 

3 hours ago, SmoothD said:

I didn't attend this game.

I was at another game Dillion was infamous for.

The game where he threw his shoulder pads into the stands.

I was at that one too. The pad-throwing thing happened down in my end after the game while the players were heading off the field. As I recall, his "distribution" of equipment began with his sweatbands, then various pieces of taping, followed by taking off his jersey and chucking the pads into the south end zone. I think he held onto his jersey though. 

Bonafide prick for virtually his entire time here, but he was our prick, so much was overlooked. Even the cellphone with girlfriend incident. Nowadays, that would be nearly Rice/Hunt noteworthy. 

27 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I was at that one too. The pad-throwing thing happened down in my end after the game while the players were heading off the field. As I recall, his "distribution" of equipment began with his sweatbands, then various pieces of taping, followed by taking off his jersey and chucking the pads into the south end zone. I think he held onto his jersey though. 

Bonafide prick for virtually his entire time here, but he was our prick, so much was overlooked. Even the cellphone with girlfriend incident. Nowadays, that would be nearly Rice/Hunt noteworthy. 

He always seemed a bit psycho.  Also seems a likely candidate for the next Bengal in the HoF.

17 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He always seemed a bit psycho.  Also seems a likely candidate for the next Bengal in the HoF.

The Bengals were 34-78 while Dillon was here. Hard to blame anyone for wanting out. 

18 hours ago, T-Dub said:

He wasn't pleasant with the squawking heads either. Any interview--regardless of length--was normally like talking to a Rotweiller. And he was like that from Day One. He was initially irritable because he wasn't a first rounder, so his demeanor never changed. 

52 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

He wasn't pleasant with the squawking heads either. Any interview--regardless of length--was normally like talking to a Rotweiller. And he was like that from Day One. He was initially irritable because he wasn't a first rounder, so his demeanor never changed. 

Yeah, the guys ahead of him were Warrick Dunn, Antoine Smith, Tiki Barber and....Bryan Hanspard???   I think the Hanspard pick  scarred him for life and no, I have no idea who that guy was.  The other 3 were pretty good pros. 

The team was 1-7 to start, Ki-Jana was the starter for most of those games and Bruce Coslet was the coach.  I would have an attitude too. 

NM the nostalgia, Sam Hubbard has been kicking ass & is getting a bit of recognition.  They probably have a quota to keep the Bengals fans happy & we know there's not a lot else worth talking about.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/9/11/20859991/sam-hubbard-cincinnati-bengals-defensive-end

There are more clips there but this kind of effort gets you noticed.  Any coach worth his whistle should feel something move watching this play.  It would be really cool to get him to the Pro Bowl in this lost season.

hubbard2.gif

Archived