Jump to content

Republicans


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

 

 

Watching Lindsey Graham talk about how all the Democrats wanted was power a few years ago was such a projection on his part it was embarrasing.

Watching Faux News (and no, I don’t actively watch this-I just happen to be in the room when it’s on.) still claim this is embarrassing 😳. You want proof that the Republicans are power hungry-look at Ohio and how badly it’s gerrymandered right now (and probably will be for years to come.)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Watching Faux News (and no, I don’t actively watch this-I just happen to be in the room when it’s on.) still claim this is embarrassing 😳. You want proof that the Republicans are power hungry-look at Ohio and how badly it’s gerrymandered right now (and probably will be for years to come.)

 

Wasn't there a state wide prop a few years ago to look at a bi-partisan election board that would address the gerrymandering?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Shebengal said:

Watching Faux News (and no, I don’t actively watch this-I just happen to be in the room when it’s on.) still claim this is embarrassing 😳. You want proof that the Republicans are power hungry-look at Ohio and how badly it’s gerrymandered right now (and probably will be for years to come.)

 

I'm still trying to get my head around this.  The map gets rejected as unconstitutional by the courts how many times? And then we just go with it anyway?

 

The spin where they've been showing the majority red US map is pretty funny.  People vote, not acreage.  Hold that L.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

 

Wasn't there a state wide prop a few years ago to look at a bi-partisan election board that would address the gerrymandering?

Yes, there was, but their idea of bi-partisan was 5 Republicans (including the governor and the AG, I think), and 2 Democrats. The maps right now are only good for 2 years, but with the Republicans controlling everything, it will be lather, rinse, repeat in 2024. The only thing that kept these maps only good for 2 years was the Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice siding with the Democratic justices and she is now retired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

 

I'm still trying to get my head around this.  The map gets rejected as unconstitutional by the courts how many times? And then we just go with it anyway?

 

The spin where they've been showing the majority red US map is pretty funny.  People vote, not acreage.  Hold that L.

Only because the Federal Appeals court with 2 Trump appointees upheld it. It’s only good for this election. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Only because the Federal Appeals court with 2 Trump appointees upheld it. It’s only good for this election. 

 

Whole fed judiciary needs an audit & not just because of Trump.   Inconsistencies in sentencing, their personal finances, investments, any professional connections to family..  Then expand that process to our justice system as a whole.  Those positions should be vetted heavily and often, not just prior to appointment and left to run wild for decades on their own agendas. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...