Republicans

MichaelWeston

Just now, claptonrocks said:

No..

Truth is Governor Abbott is going to share the wealth of migrants to democratic places that say there is no crisis.

Hypocrits they are.

You honestly think there aren't already migrants all over the country?  This is just theater to convince you Texas can't afford a working electrical grid or whatever else because The Mexicans.  And sadly it seems to be working.

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

He sent a message as did Gov Abbott.

Yes and the message was "we have no problem using fellow human beings as pawns & wasting millions of taxpayer dollars on a publicity stunt that will be forgotten a week from now."

:shrug:

So much time & money flushed down the shitter.  "Conservative" my ass.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Yes and the message was "we have no problem using fellow human beings as pawns & wasting millions of taxpayer dollars on a publicity stunt that will be forgotten a week from now."

:shrug:

So much time & money flushed down the shitter.  "Conservative" my ass.

Its not a stunt as progressives keep harping about.

Its lets spread the wealth if you believe in open border.

Noticed that the Vinyard had their assses outta there asap.

Governor of Illinois calling out 75 national guard to handle 300 immigrants.

Really Gov??

Talk about a stunt..

Lori Lightfoot allready booted their ass out away from the city.

Oh so So humane they aren't..

44 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Its not a stunt as progressives keep harping about.

Its lets spread the wealth if you believe in open border.

Noticed that the Vinyard had their assses outta there asap.

Governor of Illinois calling out 75 national guard to handle 300 immigrants.

Really Gov??

Talk about a stunt..

Lori Lightfoot allready booted their ass out away from the city.

Oh so So humane they aren't..

What was the point though? Do you think there weren't Central/South American immigrants in DC or Chicago before today?  Do you think this is a good use of $12 million dollars in taxpayer money?  If you actually give half a shit about the fate of these people don't you think that money could've been better spent?

26 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

What was the point though? Do you think there weren't Central/South American immigrants in DC or Chicago before today?  Do you think this is a good use of $12 million dollars in taxpayer money?  If you actually give half a shit about the fate of these people don't you think that money could've been better spent?

Hey fuck 12mil dollars when it come to hundreds of millions to provide every assistance the progressives seem to go on about..

Either take them in in every democratic city or stop the bullshit rhetoric they sprew.

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Hey fuck 12mil dollars when it come to hundreds of millions to provide every assistance the progressives seem to go on about..

Either take them in in every democratic city or stop the bullshit rhetoric they sprew.

Saying it again since this seems lost on you: "They" are already in every democratic city.  And every Republican city, few as there are..  Interesting how places with some kind of diversity and higher education tend to lean Democrat but that's a different topic.

Anyway, thanks for confirming that you don't mean fiscally conservative & have no problem with wasting taxpayer money to score political points.

15 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says 'Chip Franklin.com @chipfranklin I don't get it, maybe because I'm not a Republican: Can someone explain to me how spending money to ship two plane loads of immigrants all the way Ûor Martha's Vineyard on the taxpayer's dime, all so one man can go viral on Twitter for a few hours, is "fiscally conservative"?'

Think this thread shows that it doesn't actually matter.  "Conservative" just means "owning the libs" on social media & the occasional performative Christian Fundamentalism when it provides an opportunity to attack someone else.., With "owning the Libs" defined as whatever they say it is from day to day..   Never mind if the "the libs" are left wondering WTF the MAGAts are doing rolling around in beans or whatever-the-fuck stunt, you just gotta let the slow kid enjoy eating that jar of paste sometimes & go about your day.  These are people who think "Let's Go Brandon" is clever

On 9/14/2022 at 6:36 PM, Shebengal said:

I’m not fond of what the Democrats are doing right now, but at the same time, I can’t vote or take seriously any Republican who is maintaining that Trump won the election, or any Trump supporter, really. Here in Ohio for the Senate race, we have JD Vance, who was an anti-Trumper until he got his endorsement, and is cringey for a million other reasons, and Tim Ryan, who at least tries to work with the Republicans (and gets criticized by the radical left for doing so.) TBH, if Matt Dolan had won the Republican primary, I would probably vote for him in November over Ryan. 

I think a lot of the reasonable congresspeople on both sides, who want to work together for the common good, are drowned out by the louder and more radical voices on both sides and feel like they have to fall in line or lose their seat. 

It’s sad 😔.

Fact: Tim Ryan has a 100% voting record for Joe Biden. If you want a rubber stamp for Biden, vote for Ryan

Looking at the bigger picture, any vote for Democrats in the Senate is a vote for the end of bi-partisanship and a stacked Supreme Court. Dems have made it clear that their goal is to end the filibuster in the Senate and if they do that they can pass a stacked Supreme Court law. Do we really want all of that? Once the filibuster is gone, it ain't comin' back. It'll lead to retaliation when Republicans take control.  Do we really want that? I say no

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Fact: Tim Ryan has a 100% voting record for Joe Biden. If you want a rubber stamp for Biden, vote for Ryan

Looking at the bigger picture, any vote for Democrats in the Senate is a vote for the end of bi-partisanship and a stacked Supreme Court. Dems have made it clear that their goal is to end the filibuster in the Senate and if they do that they can pass a stacked Supreme Court law. Do we really want all of that? Once the filibuster is gone, it ain't comin' back. It'll lead to retaliation when Republicans take control.  Do we really want that? I say no

Lol at the idea that Republicans want bipartisanship 

This is the same party that blocked Obama getting Garland a year out from the election and the rushed through Barret

Gtfo with that nonsense 

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

What would you call the current Supreme Court?  Wild that anyone could honestly claim our current SC isn't "stacked".   Fuck's sake, at least one of them was involved in a coup attempt.

What a weird take...

Our current Supreme Court is the result of laws that have been in place for 100 yrs. That's not stacking. If you'd prefer the word "packing", fine. Perhaps that's a better word

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pack-supreme-court/story?id=73521286

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Lol at the idea that Republicans want bipartisanship 

This is the same party that blocked Obama getting Garland a year out from the election and the rushed through Barret

Gtfo with that nonsense 

Fact: When Republicans held a nice majority in the Senate when Trump was President they could have easily ended the filibuster but they didn't. That sets them apart from Democrats who want to do exactly that, save for Sinema and Manchin

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Fact: When Republicans held a nice majority in the Senate when Trump was President they could have easily ended the filibuster but they didn't. That sets them apart from Democrats who want to do exactly that, save for Sinema and Manchin

I think it's the intellectual dishonesty that I find most amusing. 

Republicans didnt have to end the filibuster because they didn't have 2 republicans that blocked the things they wanted to get done.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Our current Supreme Court is the result of laws that have been in place for 100 yrs. That's not stacking. If you'd prefer the word "packing", fine. Perhaps that's a better word

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pack-supreme-court/story?id=73521286

So it's only "stacking" when the Democrats do it, what a surprise.  Curious if you support a theocracy or if it's just a "my team" thing?

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I think it's the intellectual dishonesty that I find most amusing. 

I find it disturbing TBH.  Shows a complete lack of principles or values just for the sake of "winning".

Gaslighting and bad faith arguments are core Republican values at this point.  Try to pin them down on what they actually believe and they change the subject, as the last couple of pages of this thread demonstrate.  Everything is "buttery males!" and RIP Private Ben Ghazi.  Deflection, projection.. Just straight up abuser tactics.  S'what happens when you choose to worship some narcissistic old grifter as a messiah.  Thankfully most people are quietly abandoning that position but the ones that remain... Yikes.  Of all the people to follow over a cliff they chose Donald Trump.   LOL.

Imagine accusing the Democrats of wanting to stack the Supreme Court and expecting to be taken seriously.   :34_rolling_eyes: