Jan 6 hearings

Jamie_B

30 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

But cool let's look at the guy who ran Kansas into the ground, the guy who was Regan's advisor and father of Supply Side economics, and how the failure of his policies led to Kansas reversing course. 

https://www.cbpp.org/research/kansas-provides-compelling-evidence-of-failure-of-supply-side-tax-cuts

some charts from that article.....

image.png

image.png

image.png

Showthe top 15 cities with the largest dept per capita..

I tell you all are run by liberals .

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Nope, PER-CAPITA it's all Republican run cities, with a few exceptions.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/50-poorest-cities-every-state-174743470.html

I'm referring to debt where the libs have run their budgets into the abyss.

Look at the Top 15:states as well.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

You don't want to have the private debt matters, public debt matters very little conversation.

So your if mind that all these Lib mayor's have made a positive impact on making their cities a better place to live?

Wanna start with Lightfoot in Chicago and now a mayor more correct than her useless ass.

How about Baltimore or any other 

major cities they control.

Why are you stubborn to realize this.

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

So your if mind that all these Lib mayor's have made a positive impact on making their cities a better place to live?

Wanna start with Lightfoot in Chicago and now a mayor more correct than her useless ass.

How about Baltimore or any other 

major cities they control.

Why are you stubborn to realize this.

In my mind if your city has more poverty per-capita than other cities you are a failure. 

Why are you stubborn to realize that?

• 4 weeks later...

Trump was removed from the 2024 Presidential election by the Colorado Supreme Court because of his role in the Jan. 6th insurrection in which 5 law enforcement officers were killed or later committed suicide and 138 law enforcement officers were injured. 

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/colorado-trump-14th-amendment-12-19-23/index.html

Luttig, who holds bona fide conservative credentials with longstanding ties to the Supreme Court, has been an outspoken critic of Trump and has – along with liberal law professor Laurence Tribe – advocated for the use of the 14th amendment to bar the former president from running for office. 

The former judge pushed back on arguments against the strength of the Colorado case – which have pointed at several similar cases that have failed – arguing instead that the Colorado Supreme Court is the first “appellate court in any state, to rule on the applicability of section 3 to the former president. The other cases that have been decided have been decided on state law grounds and/or jurisdictional grounds. So this case stands alone.”

Luttig also challenged the opinion penned by one of the three dissenters on the seven-member Colorado Supreme Court who said he would have dismissed the challenge to Trump’s eligibility. 

“I called it unassailable because, as you noted, the preeminent constitutional scholar of our time, Professor Laurence Tribe, and I have been studying this for three years now in the wake of January 6th. Professor Tribe has been studying section 3 of the 14th Amendment literally for his entire career. So, when we say…that the opinion is unassailable, that means he and I have taken into account every single argument contrary to every point made by the court today and concluding all of the contrary evidence to the opinion tonight – and it is unassailable,” Luttig said.

He added that the US Supreme Court will “have to decide what the meaning of an insurrection or rebellion is for purposes of the 14th Amendment. And that's what the Supreme Court of Colorado did today, and its reasoning and its support for that conclusion is also unassailable

This could be the first of many rulings that disqualify Trump from running for office in 2024, ultimately the US Supreme Court will have it's say. 

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Are you saying you won't vote for him? Or who do you think will be nominated instead, DeSantis?

You see the polls.

Trump is leading by far....but old

DeSantis is a valid candidate and if Trump doesn't run for various reasons DeSantis would be their candidate.

Watching to see if the Dems have a better choice than Newsome.

My question is: Under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, it points out that "oath-breaking insurrectionists can’t serve as senators, representatives, presidential electors, “or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State.” But it doesn’t mention the presidency." Since the president is considered the commander in chief for the military, does that not qualify as a military office and therefore, he would be disqualified based on that? You see the military personnel saluting the President when he enters or exits Air Force One. 

Just throwing that out there. 

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

You see the polls.

Trump is leading by far....but old

DeSantis is a valid candidate and if Trump doesn't run for various reasons DeSantis would be their candidate.

Watching to see if the Dems have a better choice than Newsome.

Can't imagine they won't wheel Biden back out there even though it's the only way either Trump or DeSantis stand a chance of winning.

1 hour ago, Shebengal said:

My question is: Under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, it points out that "oath-breaking insurrectionists can’t serve as senators, representatives, presidential electors, “or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State.” But it doesn’t mention the presidency." Since the president is considered the commander in chief for the military, does that not qualify as a military office and therefore, he would be disqualified based on that? You see the military personnel saluting the President when he enters or exits Air Force One. 

Just throwing that out there. 

I think that is what the SCOTUS will have to rule on.

To me "any office" is pretty clear, but this is a court that has 3 justices on it that were appointed by Trump.

Dark Horse here is Nicki Haley.

She has now been backed by one of the Koch brothers, and one of the Billionaires from LinkedIn

She's likely more willing to compromise on Abortion, she wont turn it back to what it was, but she also knows how it is losing Republicans elections.

Problem is she is a war-monger and will likely get us into all sorts of wars.

I can see where Trump is unable to run because the courts determine so. Jack Smith asked SCOTUS to determine if Trump is immune from criminal prosecution, if they rule against Trump, he's fucked at the national level. 

The Georgia case is the most interesting because the rules there apparently say if he is found guilty that the Govenor can not issue pardons, that that is done by a state board, and before they can even consider it there has to be a 5 year served minimum. And some of the charges in the GA case have a mandatory minimum sentence. And if a Republican wins the Presidency he or she can't issue pardons at the state level. So there is a chance that Trump gets eliminated from being able to be President by the GA case because he will be in jail.

Thus it could come down to Biden vs Haley. She has the money backing that DeSantis doesnt have.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Dark Horse here is Nicki Haley.

She has now been backed by one of the Koch brothers, and one of the Billionaires from LinkedIn

She's likely more willing to compromise on Abortion, she wont turn it back to what it was, but she also knows how it is losing Republicans elections.

Problem is she is a war-monger and will likely get us into all sorts of wars.

I can see where Trump is unable to run because the courts determine so. Jack Smith asked SCOTUS to determine if Trump is immune from criminal prosecution, if they rule against Trump, he's fucked at the national level. 

The Georgia case is the most interesting because the rules there apparently say if he is found guilty that the Govenor can not issue pardons, that that is done by a state board, and before they can even consider it there has to be a 5 year served minimum. And some of the charges in the GA case have a mandatory minimum sentence. And if a Republican wins the Presidency he or she can't issue pardons at the state level. So there is a chance that Trump gets eliminated from being able to be President by the GA case because he will be in jail.

Thus it could come down to Biden vs Haley. She has the money backing that DeSantis doesnt have.

Good points..

Still believe DeSantis will overtake her but it still open between the two.

51 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Can't imagine they won't wheel Biden back out there even though it's the only way either Trump or DeSantis stand a chance of winning.

Biden is too old to handle the job effectively.

Trump too.

Time for both parties to look elsewhere.

Question..

If Biden doesn't run who's their next best choices?

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Biden is too hard ld to handle the job effectively.

Trump too.

Time for both parties to look elsewhere.

Question..

If Biden doesn't run who's their next best choices?

Good question. They're scared to death of anyone that might enact progressive policy instead of just talking about it.

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Good question. They're scared to death of anyone that might enact progressive policy instead of just talking about it.

Gavin Newsome seems to be a candidate but how hes run California in the ground is frightening.

Man budgets worse than my girlfriend

and that's scary..😎

I don't know if any other prospects they have in mind.

13 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Good points..

Still believe DeSantis will overtake her but it still open between the two.

DeSantis has staked his whole campaign on fighting the woke

Nobody cares about that, polls show it's not a winning issue.

I used to worry about him as a "smarter Trump" meaning an authoritarian that isnt stupid and could be a real danger to this country because of that.

I'm less worried about him the longer the campaign goes on, just dont think he can win.