Lessons learned from Cincinnati Bengals NFL preseason to Green Bay Packers

As i continue to get insanely old and grumpy, the thing that continues to be bothersome is the media in general, almost all social media is pandering to a hot take or catchphrase and no one os just talking football anymore. its a bummer, preseason it hard to watch in general but the only bright spots are when Duke was on the broadcast for the Bengals game, i mean thing for all the games i stumbled across watching, acting like anything going on on the field is exciting marvelous football is silly and the halftime shows or nfl network shows showing stat lines like its the playoffs is a waste of airtime. 

I fear the nfl is chasing the NBA where viewerships is TANKING ENDLESSLY in the NBA however revenue is skyrocketing, so the league could care less if you watch or go to games, as the marketing deals are paying for everything. and its going to crash and burn hard one day.

some examples of my bitching reasons, is the statline for Fields, he was something like 3/3 128 yards and 2 TD. but he had some dump offs that got run for TD's, and shows acting like he is slanging it in the game.

he didnt throw the ball past the line of scrimmage even one time. 

I love fields and think he is gonna be awesome, but why not have real coverage, "bears keep it simple and let fields test his new weapons, etc" would ahve been accurate coverage.

then i scrolled through twitter seeing if i missed anything bengals related, and its nothing but one Carman highlight near the goalline saying how shitty he is and there is no excuse for that play and blah blah blah.. he didnt play great, but the play thats EVERYWHERE was clearly and obviously a blown snap count, the guard also had no idea wtf was going on, the center fucekd up the count. but that gets turned into a carman shit-a-thon by a bunch of 20 year old twitter champions wasting everyones time and brain power.

and why the hell didnt CJ Stroud play more? if youre going to sacrifice your rookie to to the league, at least get him all of the reps you can in preseason. he threw 4 passes.

thats my rant.

i did enjoy the game though, Dax made great plays that made me feel better about him starting, Trevor sucks, but i think we all knew that. 

I cant decide if i want the O-line ti pla a series or two in the last preseason game or not..

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

I fear the nfl is chasing the NBA where viewerships is TANKING ENDLESSLY in the NBA however revenue is skyrocketing, so the league could care less if you watch or go to games, as the marketing deals are paying for everything. and its going to crash and burn hard one day.

Curious take. I have wondered about this enigma: I know more than a few NBA fans who didn’t watch a minute of the Finals. One mused that “if Jayson Tatum had been there, I might have watched”. 

Could be that the game has degenerated down to that teams no longer matter….just the stars? 

I can see the NFL devolving into this eventually. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Curious take. I have wondered about this enigma: I know more than a few NBA fans who didn’t watch a minute of the Finals. One mused that “if Jayson Tatum had been there, I might have watched”. 

Could be that the game has degenerated down to that teams no longer matter….just the stars? 

I can see the NFL devolving into this eventually. 

I have gotten this feeling in the NBA for quite some time now

• Upvote 1

Curious if there are any Packers who are on the fringe who could help us out. That RB looked good in highlights. Here is their roster

QB Love 25 Clifford 27 McGough 24         3
RB Jones 25 Dillon 24 Taylor 24 Goodson 25 Wilson 26 Nichols 27 McCrary 24 7
FB Deguara 24 Pearson 26           2
WR Watson 26 Wicks 27 Heath 26 Chrest 24       4
WR Doubs 26 Melton 25 Watts 26 Miller 24       4
WR Reed 27 Toure 26 Dubose 27 Bonds 26       4
TE Musgrave 27 Kraft 27 Davis 24 Allen 25       4
LT Bakhtiari 25 Nijman 24 Jones 25 Telfort 26       4
LG Jenkins 27 Rhyan 26 DeLance 25         3
C Myers 25 Hanson 24 Empey 24         3
RG Runyan 24 Newman 25 Schneider 24         3
RT Tom 26 Walker 26 Tenuta 24         3