Official Bengals Cuts - post updates as You see them

(Update: 12:22 pm): Drue Chrisman is out, which means the Bengals are going with sixth-round NFL Draft pick Brad Robbins as the team’s punter. This also means the Bengals are relying on two rookie draft picks on the punt teams since fourth-rounder Charlie Jones is now the punt returner.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Not surprised by this but it means Charlie Jones is going to have to get better at punt returns.

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

(Update: 12:22 pm): Drue Chrisman is out, which means the Bengals are going with sixth-round NFL Draft pick Brad Robbins as the team’s punter. This also means the Bengals are relying on two rookie draft picks on the punt teams since fourth-rounder Charlie Jones is now the punt returner.

A bit worried due to Charlie Jones lingering issue and the pounding that a punt returner endures.  Hopefully they give his backup lots of practice reps just in case.

15 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

A bit worried due to Charlie Jones lingering issue and the pounding that a punt returner endures.  Hopefully they give his backup lots of practice reps just in case.

Understood, but I think he’ll be fine. I’m sure he’s wearing a brace or harness, which others have done in the past and have gotten through the season. I think Trenton Irwin has taken some reps and I know TB has done some punt returning, too. I suspect that they’ll try to bring Trent Taylor back to the PS, too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlackJesus said:

Random aside: The fact that bum-ass Carman still has a locker and Thomas (the best human being on the team got waived) is enough to make someone lose their hope in justice existing in the universe. 😐 Might as well be a nihilist. 

Carry on 

I think Carmen has talent but needs a fire lit under his ass so he starts mauling people

I don’t think guys like Morgan and Thomas get subjected to waivers so could see them (and maybe Taylor) coming back to the PS or even the roster in Morgan’s case. 

my crack at 16-man PS

QB Sinnett

RB Saylors 

WR Morgan, Lassiter, Jackson, Taylor 

TE Hudson

OL Adeniji, Kirkland, Brown

DL Johnson, Davis, Gunter

LB Jones

DB Thomas, George

• Upvote 1

Just now, BlackJesus said:

How the hell do you cut Hudson and keep Wilcox? 🫤

Need a second blocking TE. Not the strongest unit in the league by any means, but Wilcox might be the best blocking/receiving combo TE on the roster. I thought they might keep 4 TEs and only 3 RBs, but they went the other way.