Official Bengals Cuts - post updates as You see them

Just now, Jason said:

Hakeem Adeniji

Thanks. A bit surprising, to me at least, although playing in the 4q on Sat didn’t bode well. He’s had some struggles for sure, but I thought he had some solid games, too, and he’s versatile. Guess they liked D’Ante Smith and Ford better. 

I woudn’t be shocked if they brought Hakeem back on the PS, but I also wouldn’t be shocked if he were picked up somewhere - given the state of OL play in the NFL. 

1 minute ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

(Update: 10:33am): The team released Raymond Johnson III. Johnson was the third highest graded edge rusher in the NFL this preseason, but it wasn’t enough for the coaches to keep him on the 53 man roster in a deep defensive end room.

He will get snatched up quick, Very doubtful he makes it to the practice squad

Moves so far today with time stamps ...

(Update: 8:52 am): The Bengals’ first move announced was releasing defensive back Allan George. George was up against a lot of young talent in the cornerback room, and the team has chosen to move on.

(Update: 9:37 am): The Bengals released quarterback Trevor Siemian. After being signed as a free agent this off-season, Siemian wasn’t able to beat out Jake Browning for the backup quarterback position.

(Update: 9:37 am): The Bengals also waived quarterback Reid Sinnett. Signed after Joe Burrow’s calf strain, it was always an uphill battle for Sinnett to make the roster. Jordan Schultz reports the Bengals have interest in bringing him back on the practice squad.

(Update: 9:48 am): The Bengals released veteran safety Michael Thomas. In a crowded safety room, signs pointed to Thomas’ exit. Jay Morrison reports that Thomas should be back in the building on the practice squad.

(Update: 10:07 am): The Bengals have released veteran offensive tackle Hakeem Adeniji, per ESPN’s Ben Baby. Adeniji was a starter on the 2021 Super Bowl offensive line and is now on the open market for the first time in his pro career.

(Update: 10:20 am): The Bengals have waived tight end Devin Asiasi. With the signing of Irv Smith Jr., the re-signing of Drew Sample, and the performance of Tanner Hudson this preseason, Asiasi is the odd man out.

(Update: 10:33 am): The team released Raymond Johnson III. Johnson was the third-highest-graded edge rusher in the NFL this preseason, per PFF, but it wasn’t enough for the coaches to keep him on the 53-man roster in a deep defensive end room.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/8/29/23847125/2023-bengals-roster-cuts-tracker-latest-news-moves-53-man-roster

1 hour ago, texbengal said:

Thanks. A bit surprising, to me at least, although playing in the 4q on Sat didn’t bode well. He’s had some struggles for sure, but I thought he had some solid games, too, and he’s versatile. Guess they liked D’Ante Smith and Ford better. 

I woudn’t be shocked if they brought Hakeem back on the PS, but I also wouldn’t be shocked if he were picked up somewhere - given the state of OL play in the NFL. 

Can only assume Ford is cheaper or has been more consistently pretty bad at different spots on the OL instead of being mostly awful at only one.

(Update: 11:57 am): No surprise, but the Bengals are waiving Owen Carey. If Raymond Johnson is claimed by another team, Carney will be a strong candidate for the practice squad, and he could be signed to it even if Johnson is there as well.

(Update: 12:03 pm): Not really a surprise to people who follow the Bengals closely, but Trent Taylor is out. Charlie Jones is now set to be the Bengals’ primary punt returner.