Practice squad signings - post updates as you see them

1 hour ago, Jason said:

QB Will Grier per Adam Schefter

He’s better than Siemian, for sure (faint praise). Looked a lot better this preseason for Cowboys. Not a great arm but he’s pretty accurate and he can run around, too. He was popular as a teammate. Played a helluva game on Saturday night. 

• Upvote 2

As a philosophical aside, I have always thought it was unfair that any NFL team can sign a PS squad player off another teams roster (as long as they add them to their 53) at any time of the year.

I think instead there should be like 2 windows of time when it is allowed (say week 5 and week 10 only or something). As why should the Bengals develop players on their PS only to have some scrub ass team poach them at any moment, when they realize their roster is trash or have an injury etc?

1 minute ago, BlackJesus said:

As a philosophical aside, I have always thought it was unfair that any NFL team can sign a PS squad player off another teams roster (as long as they add them to their 53) at any time of the year.

I think instead there should be like 2 windows of time when it is allowed (say week 5 and week 10 only or something). As why should the Bengals develop players on their PS only to have some scrub ass team poach them at any moment, when they realize their roster is trash or have an injury etc?

we was the poachers for many dark years :) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

we was the poachers for many dark years :) 

And it never forced us to actually get better. It's like feeding a stray cat and expecting it to learn to hunt. 

Sometimes the NFL wants so much competitive balance that they reward mediocrity and generate a bunch of parity of teams that suck.