WEEK 3: vs RAMS (GameDey Thread)

Everyone knew Joe Burrow wouldn't be very mobile and he was nearly a statue, yet the protection was honestly not bad. I mean, Aaron Donald was playing over there. 

In general, seems like most of the issues on this team are related to communication, which is probably a continuing result of the curious (continuing decision) not to play starters in the Preseason. 

Tonight felt like a game where they were starting to get their groove. Not all the way there yet, lots of communication issues to clean up, but getting better, for sure. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, alleycat said:

Everyone knew Joe Burrow wouldn't be very mobile and he was nearly a statue, yet the protection was honestly not bad. I mean, Aaron Donald was playing over there. 

In general, seems like most of the issues on this team are related to communication, which is probably a continuing result of the curious (continuing decision) not to play starters in the Preseason. 

Tonight felt like a game where they were starting to get their groove. Not all the way there yet, lots of communication issues to clean up, but getting better, for sure. 

Couldn't say it better myself.  Nice to know I am able to go to sleep now knowing the Bengals won.

Rematch of Superbowl 56 went to the good guys in white and stripes tonight---and with the protection it worked, we should had this protection back in 2021, we would have at least one title...

6 minutes ago, alleycat said:

Yes, some encouraging signs. JB got through it but clearly he’s not close to 100 percent. Pass rush was good, Dax Hill really flashed. Defense was great in the red zone, limiting points. Got two TOs. Chase was great and I thought TB was solid, too. Mixon ran hard. Money Mac 4/5 on long FGs. Charlie Jones looking more and more decisive on returns. 

On the negative side, thought the interior of the OL struggled quite a bit, especially Volson. Granted, it was Aaron Donald a lot, but he got whipped. So did Cappa and Karras at times. Punting sucked, and it’s starting to be a concern. Tee struggled… 2 drops and an OPI. And Nick Scott needs to show me something. 

But I’ll take the W. Rams are pretty good, and have some good young players who play hard and can run…. and Stafford can still sling it. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, texbengal said:

Yes, some encouraging signs. JB got through it but clearly he’s not close to 100 percent. Pass rush was good, Dax Hill really flashed. Defense was great in the red zone, limiting points. Got two TOs. Chase was great and I thought TB was solid, too. Mixon ran hard. Money Mac 4/5 on long FGs. Charlie Jones looking more and more decisive on returns. 

On the negative side, thought the interior of the OL struggled quite a bit, especially Volson. Granted, it was Aaron Donald a lot, but he got whipped. So did Cappa and Karras at times. Punting sucked, and it’s starting to be a concern. Tee struggled… 2 drops and an OPI. And Nick Scott needs to show me something. 

But I’ll take the W. Rams are pretty good, and have some good young players who play hard and can run…. and Stafford can still sling it. 

If burrow was 100 % we win by at least two tds heck if tee doesn't drop those balls we win by at least 10 

15 minutes ago, texbengal said:

Boyd was ok.He let the Rams cb,take the ball out of his hands,and that was Burrows only interception.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Run the ball.  Make them bring a safety into the box. 

this is a very 2005 thing to say. im not sure there is a RB in the league forcing teams to bring a safety into the box.

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Lou getting punked.  They were totally ready for that cover zero. 

benefit of seeing the outcome this is also funny. defense was a menace. an occasional hiccup, but they did magic out there.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Griever said:

I don't understand how the O can be in such disarray 

how? the best player on the field is injured, cant run, cant move fast in the pocket, cant roll out. thats like half the playbook, plays that take long enough to need to buy time, especially against aaron donald whose going again VOLSON, like what did you expect to see? the dude cant fast plant and cant run. the offense is very very limited.

4 hours ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

I know I asked this the last game but are Chase and Higgins not getting open?

just not fast enough, if youre dropping 7 you can cover 3 guys easily for a period of time. and we arent willing to run longer developing plays due to joe being so limited.

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Don’t think Burrow has the confidence to make the throw Stafford just made. 

dude wuuuuuuut. joe burrow has never lacked confidence in anything in his life. he just knows better with the calf, the one he has to PLANT on to throw that far and have the time in the pocket to let a play develope that far.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

wtf is this split screen stuff???

OMFG that was fucking bullshit. someone needs to write a letter, espn is so fucking stupid. and also get that score off the screen, why are you showing another games score in the corder. worst shit ever.

• Upvote 2

Ah, and we get treated to the Michigan Shanker.  

man this dude is having a really bad time this year.

3 hours ago, saphead said:

These little baby drop backs make me more nervous with everyone piled around his legs

yea its tough, the longer drop backs are more step and plants on that calf AND are designed for longer balls which take more time and risk hits, its sadly the way to go, but is not comfortable to watch.

3 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

Let Marvin call some plays.

:ninja:

mully, that you?

3 hours ago, sois said:

How even do you mess up punting 

especially when its ALL you do all day everyday for like 8 years. a bad punter is wild to have.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

I really think they have to sit Joe and let him heal.  We're simply not built for these old old OLD school pure pocket passing games.

not many other options, we arent built for a inexperienced backup QB without the mind, arm, or experience of burrow either. so really whats the point?

That was not a good looking deep throw.  Burrow is just a guy like this.  Not sure they aren’t better off having more options with a different QB. 

i am positive we are not.

Exactly, he won't even plant his back foot, this is getting silly, fast.

he absolutely planted his back foot on every throw because thats how you throw. 

He can’t throw.  Get his ass on the bench. 

lmfao. 

3 hours ago, Griever said:

Nightmare 

someone is quickly forgetting like 40 years of this teams history, which was indeed a nightmare, this is merely unpleasant.

These announcers have to shut up about reps.  Joe throws that stuff in his sleep, to these WRs.  He is injured and not throwing properly.

yea, no. reps are vital to keep up to speed, like nba players shoot everyday even though they are the best in the world, the reps are vital, the timing, is vital to keep sharp, they are 100% correct, the reps are effecting it as well as the calf throwing off the typicaly timing. both are a factor 100%

They see what we see.   Burrow can’t do it, or he hasn’t so far.   Painful to watch.  There is a reason PRIDE is one of the seven deadly sins. 

lmgdfao what the actual fuck. 

3 hours ago, sois said:

Why are bengals just in shotgun

because so far in joes career, the oline was getting him murdered under center, and turning his back on the defense was getting him murdered, so we moved to shotgun a year or two ago for most all offensive plays. joe keeps everything in front of him, etc.

3 hours ago, cnbengal said:

Tee Higgins not putting in the effort

yea thats not it. just has the butter fingers tonight, shit happens, it blows, he had a terrible night. but nothing points to effort.

I'm... guessing you don't watch the Sunday games?  This is the Zac Taylor offense.

this is the o-line gets people killed we need to buy time and eliminate surpises behind joes back offense.

They do t want Joe dropping back. 

dude what. man no.

3 hours ago, sois said:

I guess I didn't notice

cant be trusted.

Great tip by Hilton. 

such a quick hand, i was thinking he was a wasted blitz getting no where and got his hand on that, great play out of a failed scheme, loved it.

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Now…

image.gif.bb20c875483c229ab2d7ec584a53b456.gif

lol, yea their front 4 doesnt have any all pro hall of famers on it, should be fine. just run it.

2 hours ago, Griever said:

Logan Wilson...worth every penny

dude is good for sure, 

2 hours ago, saphead said:

I'm ready for Yoshi, Tee go take a seat

lolololol 

Higgins watching that money get smaller and smaller…

literally not a single penny has changed for his payday, not a penny. players have off games.

2 hours ago, sois said:

Money Mac is shaky this seson, he better get awesome agin

he's fine. 

2 hours ago, stan said:

He's had several chances.He's dropped all of them.Forget about a contract extension for him.Let him leave.Worthless.POS.

lololol what even is this. 

2 hours ago, stan said:

Let Jones or Yoshi play.They can't do any worse than he is doing.

lol, yea sure, the defense would hate to just easily single cover a no name dude from the bench and have extra attention for boyd and chase, its not like the defense is slacking off tee because he dropped some balls, even as a decow he is worth more than the other two.

2 hours ago, tibor75 said:

OMG Urine Sample makes a play. 

oh shit, cool guy alert.

2 hours ago, stan said:

Look at the replay.Boyd had it in his hands and let the Rams player take it from him

incredible play by the defender, MAYBE boyd coulda come back more, but no way you think the defender can pull that play off. that was brutal. we were cruisin a little.

Tre and BJ Hill dominating

Ok O, we get a do-over of the last drive

those two had a baller ass game, loved to see it.

image.gif.bce613b997b1bab12be3e2cfcb2bcc72.gif

lol

Burrow….not good. 

better than everyone else on the roster by a large margin.

burrow making some off throws due to injury i feel is likely a LOT better than browning being trusted to read this tricky defense, taking longer drops and dealing with donald, etc. browning has taken what 5-6 snaps ever? i dont need that negativity out there.

2 hours ago, sois said:

50 pass attempts, geez

wasnt expecting that with him coming in hurt, but we also didnt have lots of options. with donald taking 2 gays the run defense is gonna be pretty good, our big plays involved a bit of deceit to be successful, so it wasnt something sustainable, got the W tho. would have predicted 30 attempts for joe before the game though.

2 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

In case you didn't see it, he took a bad angle on a tackle attempt and got his head/neck wrenched.  With that said I haven't seen an update since.

they really did a bad job of injury updates, hope he is alright. 

2 hours ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

“ Matthew is being hurried here”

no shit

lol

2 hours ago, sois said:

Put in QB2

take it easy.

Volson is getting abused. 

as much as i dislike Volson, he IS going against aaron donald, who tends to abuse just about everyone.

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Don't let this distract you from the fact that In 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon

this is important. i like this.

• Upvote 1

Six sacks tonight wow

loved to see it.

Stafford getting real familiar with the PBS turf

now he knows how joe felt in the superbowl (and most weeks the last two years)

take your time Rams, take your sweet time lol

man i was just saying over and over to not let them score before the 2 minute warning.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Missed assignment

couldnt tell but it looked like dax blew the coverage over the top buy the announcer said cheeto should have kept dropping, it was clearly zone, you can let a guy by you in zone buy keep dropping and be worth a damn if no one is over top... 

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Why do I feel ill?

did you have goldstar by chance?

Why is Tee out there 

1/2 ninja

hahaha, this was funny. lol.

2 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

Without all of those drops by Tee, we probably win by 10.

and the missed FG, and the magical INT they had. sloppy sloppy game, but got the W, ill take it.

2 hours ago, Jungletiger said:

Finally a win, defense looked good

they looked great aside from 3-4 mistakes. great to see.