Oiltans Week

9 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

Looks like 87 sunny 7 percent chance of rain in Nashville Sunday. Drink plenty of fluids stay away from McDonald’s tee . It looked to me like they put in some type of turf in Nashville. I couldn’t tell I know it’s different than paycors . 

https://www.tennesseetitans.com/news/why-the-titans-are-switching-to-turf-at-nissan-stadium-starting-in-2023.  article about it... looks like its turf but with dirt fill in instrad of ground up tires.. seems so simple and logical honestly. they call it "organic infill" but ill assume thats dirt.

7 hours ago, Griever said:

Is Evans only a kick return guy?

for sure.

6 hours ago, Griever said:

just Jay's guess of course, interesting 

seems logical 

4 hours ago, IKOTA said:

Irwin was not active last week in favor of C Jones. This week he will be active and Jones will be inactive. A number of players can return punts, including one JaMarr Chase. 

lol

By Myles Simmons

Published September 28, 2023 03:27 PM

In general, Titans running back Derrick Henry has gotten off to a slow start in 2023. But last week’s loss to Cleveland was particularly rough.

Henry recorded just 20 yards on 11 carries in the 27-3 loss. It’s only the fifth time in his career that he’s averaged under 2.0 yards per carry on at least 10 attempts in a single game.

So, Henry and the Titans are looking to rebound in a big way against the Bengals on Sunday.

“I am always motivated to play the next game,” Henry said on Thursday, via Jim Wyatt of the team’s website. “Last weekend, it was rough. We didn’t have much success. … But at the end of the day, I am always going to be locked in, I’m always going to be focused on my job and what I have to do. I am going to go out there and play my best.

“Did last weekend add a little more fuel? Definitely.”

Henry added that he’s looking to improve and have success moving forward.

“It takes all 11 -- everybody focused, having the will to get off the line of scrimmage, create space, us finishing runs, guys going in there and digging out safeties and DBs,” Henry said. “[The Bengals] have had success against us the last couple of games, and we just have to be better focused and get into drives, and everybody do what they are supposed to.”

When Tennessee played Cincinnati last year, Henry was held to just 38 yards on 17 carries in a 20-16 loss.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/cincinnati-bengals

Cincinnati Bengals (-2.5) at Tennessee Titans 

Sunday, 1 p.m. ET (Fox, fubo)

The Bengals won a must-win game Monday night, but now they go out on the road on a short week to face a Titans team that didn't play well last week. That's usually a bad combination. But the Bengals seemed to get it going against the Rams. I think that carries over here as Joe Burrow continues to get healthier. 

Pick: Bengals 23, Titans 20

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-week-4-nfl-picks-packers-take-down-rival-lions-bills-cool-off-dolphins-cowboys-handle-patriots/

AT

• WHERE: Nissan Stadium (Nashville, Tenn.)
  • WHEN: 1 p.m. ET | FOX
  • MONEYLINE: Bengals: -140 | Titans: +118
  • SPREAD: Bengals -2.0 | O/U: 41.0
Table inside Article
Ali Brooke Dan Gennaro Tom
rn2cbi70sjtrsx1j0rcm
Bengals 24-18
nhnc3fc5y7eskgkzgtlx
Titans 22-20
rn2cbi70sjtrsx1j0rcm
Bengals 22-17
nhnc3fc5y7eskgkzgtlx
Titans 18-17
rn2cbi70sjtrsx1j0rcm
Bengals 22-21

Why Ali is taking the Bengals: Joe Burrow. Honestly. How else do you pick between these two struggling outfits:

• Total yards: Bengals 30th; Titans 31st
  • PPG: Bengals 28th; Titans T-29th
  • First downs per game: T-29th
  • Avg. time of possession: Bengals: 20th; Titans 19th

They're even allowing the exact same number of points per game (22.3)! So in this battle of bottom-of-the-barrel offenses and overtaxed defenses, I'll take the team with the superstar QB (even if he's not 100%) and ultra-talented receiving corps. ... They have to get right at some point.

https://www.nfl.com/news/week-4-nfl-picks-2023-nfl-season

Bengals (1-2) at Titans (1-2)

1 p.m. ET | FOX | Spread: CIN -2.5 (41)

Storyline to watch: Look for the Titans to take shots down the field, especially using play-action. The Bengals' young safeties Dax Hill and Nick Scott will be eager to come up and help against the run, especially for a defense that has taken pride in slowing down RB Derrick Henry.

QB Ryan Tannehill's two longest completions this season came via play-action (a 70-yard pass to WR Treylon Burks and a 49-yard bomb to WR Chris Moore). Both throws traveled 20-plus yards in the air. Meanwhile, the Bengals have allowed an NFL-high 10.0 air yards per completion. -- Turron Davenport

Bold prediction: Defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons and the rest of the Titans' defensive line will have no sacks. Cincinnati's much-maligned pass blocking has made big improvements over the past two weeks. That and QB Joe Burrow's especially quick release because of his right calf injury will lead to a lack of production for one of the NFL's best interior defensive lines. -- Ben Baby

Stat to know: The Bengals have allowed only five sacks this season, their fewest through three games since 2018. Cincinnati is seeking its 12th straight game allowing fewer than three sacks (would be its longest streak since 18 straight from 2005 to '06 and second-longest in franchise history)

Joe Burrow will be looking to get the ball to Ja'marr Chase often. Here's a way Cincinnati has gotten Chase some quick and easy catches. Titans DBs have to tackle to prevent YAC. Video by Turron Davenport.

Matchup X factor: Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins. He has been notably absent, with just 110 receiving yards through three games, and his 46 Open Score via our Receiver Tracking Metrics is an eyebrow-raiser. The Bengals need more from him. -- Walder

What to know for fantasy: It is difficult to run on the Titans' defense, but you can throw on them. This year, Tennessee's secondary has allowed 275.3 passing yards per game, fifth-most in the league. Quarterbacks have averaged 19.7 fantasy points against the Titans. See Week 4 rankings. -- Moody

Betting nugget: The Titans are 25-15-1 ATS as underdogs under coach Mike Vrabel, including 21-20 outright. They are 10-5 outright and ATS as home underdogs under him. Read more.

Moody's pick: Bengals 28, Titans 17
Walder's pick: Bengals 20, Titans 10
FPI prediction: CIN, 60.8% (by an average of 3.8 points)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38512820/nfl-week-4-picks-schedule-fantasy-football-odds-injuries-stats-2023#cinten

21 hours ago, dex said:

With Trent Taylor no longer in the organization, the guys I know who took punt return reps in training camp are Boyd and practice squad WR Lassiter. 

Trenton Irwin can, too. He's sure-handed and while he's not as fast/shifty as Charlie Jones, he's capable. 

Edit: LMAO, should have read the other responses before adding mine, Guess we'll see but yeah, with Jones out, I'm sure Irwin dresses on game day. 

• Upvote 1