Patrick Queen Calls out Germaine Pratt, Says Bengals Defense Got 'Cooked' by Ravens

ADAM WELLSNOVEMBER 18, 2023

As if the Cincinnati Bengals and Baltimore Ravens didn't do enough to each other on Thursday night, Patrick Queen and Germaine Pratt engaged in a back-and-forth on social media Saturday.

Pratt responded to a comment from FS1 host Skip Bayless about the Ravens by saying they "only looked good" because of Joe Burrow's injury, prompting Queen to remind him they got "cooked" on defense regardless of what happened with their quarterback.

The Bengals linebacker clapped back by saying Queen was happy Burrow went down because they were going after him, leading to another response from Queen:

Emotions are probably running pretty high for the Bengals right now because they lost Burrow for the season to a wrist injury in the 34-20 loss to their division rival, so Pratt's responses are understandable.

But it's also hard for Pratt to really justify how the Bengals played on defense. They allowed a season-high 34 points and gave up more than 400 yards for the third time in the past four games.

The loss dropped Cincinnati to 5-5 overall and 0-3 against AFC North teams.

On the other side, things are going pretty well for the Ravens. They had a strong rebound effort coming off a 33-31 loss to the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. They've scored more than 30 points in five consecutive games, tied for the longest streak in franchise history.

Baltimore improved to 8-3 with the win and can move into the top spot in the AFC standings if the Kansas City Chiefs lose to the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday night.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 11:32 PM, saphead said:

Just STFU and wrap up instead of going for the strip every time. 

Agreed, Pratt shoud stfu and focus on getting better on defense. They gave up 34 points and he didn't do much to stop it, regardless of who is playing QB giving up 34 points is awful. The more Pratt opens his mouth the more he comes off like a clown. You can easily say he lost the Texans game by not getting Noah Brown to the ground but instead going for the strip and letting him pick up 10 extra yards. 

Pratt seems to not have much of a filter and some questionable decision-making. He doesn't handle adversity well and looks to blame others quickly, not what you want from a leader. Losing Burrow is a tough blow but hopefully, the defense can step up and be a dominant unit because that's what it's going to take for this team to be successful. They have enough talent on defense and offense to win games, the Browns just beat the Stealers with a backup QB and RB because the defense is balling, hopefully, Pratt can increase his level of play and lead the defense to play at a higher level..and it starts by actually tackling guys instead of going for the strip...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Agreed, Pratt shoud stfu and focus .... You can easily say he lost the Texans game by not getting Noah Brown to the ground but instead going for the strip. 

I would counter this by pointing out that his strip of Kincaid is the main reason why the Bengals beat the Bills. 

Pratt is one of the team's 10 best players and not a problem to worry about. He is very clutch and re-signed for a bargain rate of maybe 60% of what he could have gotten from another team because of Burrow and wanting to win. 

So I refuse to dog pile on Pratt. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I would counter this by pointing out that his strip of Kincaid is the main reason why the Bengals beat the Bills. 

Pratt is one of the team's 10 best players and not a problem to worry about. He is very clutch and re-signed for a bargain rate of maybe 60% of what he could have gotten from another team because of Burrow and wanting to win. 

So I refuse to dog pile on Pratt. 

Fair point, but he also says a lot of dumb shit...like when he went after Ossai in the tunnel after they lost the game last year to the Chiefs, that was bull shit and very immature, not something a winner or leader would do. He recognized it and apologized so that's cool, in the heat of the moment, I understand.

But the defense did get smoked and he's supposed to be a leader on the defense, so why is he going on social media talking shit about what could have happened in an alternative reality in which Joe Burrow didn't get hurt...once Burrow got hurt the defense was deflated and did pick up the slack and I don't remember Pratt doing much that whole game so I'm not sure why he felt the need to go online pop off to a team that beat their ass twice...that's some clown shit. 

I like Pratt, but yeah, he needs to sit down and shut up sometimes.