Rookie Report Card (so far)

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Agree.

I'm hard on Hill but he and Battle were

learning to play together and it showed.

Better times ahead for this combo..

It was hard when you have a guy playing his first year at FS and a rookie SS, then you lose Cam for a few weeks and Turner got picked on. Cheedo was not the same guy this year so we were basically playing first year guys and a washed CB for a few weeks. 

I'd like to get a vet CB that can help out the young guys. Maybe that is Cheedo if it was just a rough coming back from his injury, maybe it's someone else, but I think we need to add a guy in FA.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

It was hard when you have a guy playing his first year at FS and a rookie SS, then you lose Cam for a few weeks and Turner got picked on. Cheedo was not the same guy this year so we were basically playing first year guys and a washed CB for a few weeks. 

I'd like to get a vet CB that can help out the young guys. Maybe that is Cheedo if it was just a rough coming back from his injury, maybe it's someone else, but I think we need to add a guy in FA.

They'll need to sign vets at other positions as well.

TE?...Olineman? ..DT?..

Just saying..

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

They'll need to sign vets at other positions as well.

TE?...Olineman? ..DT?..

Just saying..

Dont disagree. 

Sign Sample and Hudson, draft a 3rd TE

How is Reader? Can he play next year and how soon? Sign him, still draft a guy, maybe two (NT and 3tech)

Olinemen....that's tough, I hope we move on from Williams, and draft a 1st round RT. But if we add a Vet who do we add here?

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Dont disagree. 

Sign Sample and Hudson, draft a 3rd TE

How is Reader? Can he play next year and how soon? Sign him, still draft a guy, maybe two (NT and 3tech)

Olinemen....that's tough, I hope we move on from Williams, and draft a 1st round RT. But if we add a Vet who do we add here?

It's a long way to the top if you wanna super bowl...😎

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

So far he was our best pick. I really hope Dax Hill turns it around next year, he showed glimpses but was not as good as I hoped he would be. If he can turn it around and be at least consistent in knowing where he is supposed to be and then be there the starters at S will be good for the next few years. If Turner can do the same, we are ok in the 2ndary for starters.

I'm wondering if a lot of the deal with Dax is they have not found the best

place and way to play him.

Does he seem like sort of a Safety or Outside cover linebacker or is that just me?

I think he can be a killer as soon as they figure out what to do with him.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Does he seem like sort of a Safety or Outside cover linebacker or is that just me?

Yes.

I think he stays as their FS..

He'll be better this year imo.

That 4.38 speed is not to be ignored as a centerfielder..

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I think it's the bumps and bruises of learning a new position. Hopefully he comes on next season 

• Upvote 3

On 11/21/2023 at 5:35 PM, T-Dub said:

Expect to see them franchise Higgins and then draft a WR in the top of the first round. 

Except,that pick #18,is not the top of the first round.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Do we know when he will be back? From what I understand he got the same injury Reader did?

Ivey was ACL I believe which is essentially the same injury as Chido (sorry cannot spoell his whole name). The two positions where ACL's are the most damaging to a career are RB and CB so we will have to see how he comes back. Every injury is unique is the counter-point. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Ivey was ACL I believe which is essentially the same injury as Chido (sorry cannot spoell his whole name). The two positions where ACL's are the most damaging to a career are RB and CB so we will have to see how he comes back. Every injury is unique is the counter-point. 

When did Chido sustain that? (What Week). If it's the same as Chido, I suspect we will eventually see him next season, but maybe not at the start of it.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I would like that and with no lingering affects of the injury.

that kind of stuff scares me.

What should scare you is believing Ivey is anymore than a lowly backup.

How we praise our lower draft picks when not worthy.

We need another CB .

• Upvote 1