Tee Higgins Franchise and trade: Who are the suitors?

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

I would tag Tee 

and use two of the first three draft picks for O linemen, trade up

if someone good is there.

Next year go wide receiver when Tee leaves.

For as good as he was, Kenny Anderson was not in Joe Burrow's galaxy

but behind perhaps one of the best O lines in the history of the NFL.

Imagine Joe Burrow behind an even B+ O line?

As far as the Pumpkinettes... 

Time to worry more about Product than Production.

I would love to see them go back to the Dixieland band in straw skimmers behind the end zone

who scatter on long pass plays and live tiger cubs who get loose and run under the stands.

Oh yeah, college marching bands, esp HBCU colleges, at half time rather than flag football with the mascots.

That's entertainment, :liberalmedia: boy howdy.

Forget the life size cut outs of Bengal players where drunken day tripper chicks get pix taken kneeling

in front of Tee Higgins's crotch.  **bonus in joke for those who have seen the cut out and expression on Tee's face**

Still my fantasy rant about cutting their losses with Mild Murphy, trade him now and use the pick

to move up for a better O lineman.  If someone will take him.  It has been a wasted year with him

already with the "waiting for him to develop" crap so get rid of him for a real glass eater rather

than waiting for him and Jackson Cartman to develop again next year.

End of rant.  But it was fun :gobengals:

Suggest applying your same logic re: Whit's rookie season to Murphy. No way they move him over what is probably just a slow start.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Suggest applying your same logic re: Whit's rookie season to Murphy. No way they move him over what is probably just a slow start.

Maybe compare apples to apples/

Andrew Whitworth was a second round offensive lineman pick

Jackson Carman was a second round offensive lineman pick.

We're still waiting for him to come around.

Just sayin'

Besides, it won't happen.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Just sayin'

The real issue there is the stubborn loyalty to players like Carman or Hart. I suspect the lack of scouts not only leads to bad picks but makes the coaches doing the scouting overinvested. They don't want to admit they whiffed on the pick so they keep trying to polish a turd well past the point other teams wouldve moved on.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Just sayin'

I believe both Carman and Cordell Volson aren't bad linemen.

They are just in the wrong blocking scheme.

Both are power run blockers.

Neither are what I would call great pass protectors.

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The real issue there is the stubborn loyalty to players like Carman or Hart. I suspect the lack of scouts not only leads to bad picks but makes the coaches doing the scouting overinvested. They don't want to admit they whiffed on the pick so they keep trying to polish a turd well past the point other teams wouldve moved on.

And coaches... *clap* *clap* *clap*

The proverbial pounding square pegs in round holes and continuing to dig in the mountain of horse manure looking for the pony.

• Upvote 1

On 11/24/2023 at 5:25 PM, MichaelWeston said:

WR is tough for me. Love Tee but paying him when we know we want to pay Chase isn't wise. Also with an elite QB you shouldn't need 2 elite WRs. I thnk DJ Reader is more important and rarer than Tee

Yeah, unfortunately there are very few teams with this much receiver talent and one of them is usually on a rookie contract like Waddle in Miami.  Just can’t afford the trade off from an overall talent perspective. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

And coaches... *clap* *clap* *clap*

The proverbial pounding square pegs in round holes and continuing to dig in the mountain of horse manure looking for the pony.

I won't be sad if they replace Pollack, but I'm also not sure he's entirely the problem. They need better O-line scouting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I won't be sad if they replace Pollack, but I'm also not sure he's entirely the problem. They need better O-line scouting.

It also helps to settle on an identity. Are they “run first” or “pass first”? Linemen are rarely equal parts both. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

It also helps to settle on an identity. Are they “run first” or “pass first”? Linemen are rarely equal parts both. 

Or at least find linemen who can do the kind of scheme you want to do. I was watching CBT the other week and Mike was talking about how we are running some schemes that don't fit the kinds of guys we have.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Or at least find linemen who can do the kind of scheme you want to do. I was watching CBT the other week and Mike was talking about how we are running some schemes that don't fit the kinds of guys we have.

That would likely be true. I openly wonder why—especially since they design the schemes—coaches/scouts have such a difficult time matching the player to the scheme?