Draft a good TE

We  need to draft a good TE this reminds me of Mike Brown saying they only pay tackles and not guards that didn't work out too good for us and not having a good TE is hurting the team also if we are in the position to draft Nick Bowers we better do so and yes we also need to draft good o linemen but we need a better evaluator at that position 

Don't need a TE necessarily. Just need more weapons. Hudson can start-Mixon can start-Boyd can start but they can't all start. Their all meh players at this point and you need more dynamic players. Don't need them all replaced but rolling with them all each week makes it easy on the defense. 

Irv Smith surely isn’t the answer, and an upgrade is needed. Sample is solid as a #2 if they decide to keep him, but they need another guy to start. I like Hudson but he’s one-dimensional and they use the TE to block a lot. Wilcox is meh, OK as a #3. 

That said, you can find guys after the 1st round that can be that guy. Mark Andrews (3), Pat Freiermuth (2), Jake Ferguson (4), Travis Kelce (3), George Kittle (5), Sam LaPorta (2)… there are a number of guys out there who are doing it. Dallas has both Ferguson and Schoonmaker, and they let former starter Schultz (4th, another example) go, and he’s now starting in Houston. So they don’t need to go big in round one - there are guys out there that can be had - who are/can be productive - on day 2 or 3. 

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

see this as a luxury pick and prefer we get a tackle. 

How could the best TE in Bengals history be a luxury pick? And I think "TE" actually doesn't do Bowers justice, he's basically a TE, WR, FB, and HB, who hits like a LB and has the strength of a DE, but the speed of a SS. 

Just now, BlackJesus said:

How could the best TE in Bengals history be a luxury pick? And I think "TE" actually doesn't do Bowers justice, he's basically a TE, WR, FB, and HB, who hits like a LB and has the strength of a DE, but the speed of a SS. 

Can he block and protect Joe?

1 minute ago, BlackJesus said:

There's 2 ways to protect a QB ... Give him good OL blockers who can hold off blitzers ... Or give him weapons so that defenses are afraid to even being blitzers, lessening the load on your OL. 

When Myles Garret and TJ Watt are in your division, you don't necessarily have to blitz.

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

TE is a luxury in this offense, we run 3 WR sets, I would be surprised if that changes. All that is needed is a guy who can find the soft spots in the D and catch reliability. We do not need a 1st round TE.

I am not necessarily a first round te but just draft a decent one

4 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

lol...He's SuperMan...

The Second Coming of the guy who was drafted right before Ja'Marr.

You remember him, don't you?  Ummmm....

Frankly, I am down for draft a good *anything* as long as he can

come in, start immediately and make a positive impact.

13 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

The Second Coming of the guy who was drafted right before Ja'Marr.

You remember him, don't you?  Ummmm....

Frankly, I am down for draft a good *anything* as long as he can

come in, start immediately and make a positive impact.

Ultimately thats what we all want, I just hoping we can get a Tackle first.

• Upvote 1