Keeping our enemies close: 2024

Just now, Le Tigre said:

Nothing wrong with either of them really. Minshew is fearless, and from the Mike Leach School of Throw-It And Don't Stop Throwing It

Neither are quality starters imo

Good Backups maybe.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Griever said:

Bengals should have been in on him. He express interest in joining the team and that price is pretty reasonable. Would have meant we didn't have to use an early pick on a tackle. He's much better than Becton or Fant or whomever we end up with. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Or 8-9...yeah

Payton made him average.  What is Tomlin supposed to do with him?   Tomlin has never had success developing or utilizing a new QB. 

9 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Bengals should have been in on him. He express interest in joining the team and that price is pretty reasonable. Would have meant we didn't have to use an early pick on a tackle. He's much better than Becton or Fant or whomever we end up with. 

Not gonna lie, was bummed about this one. Dude was praising Burrow and everything 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 10:42 AM, Jamie_B said:

Simmons was born in the county I live in and on the side of the county I go to a gym to swim at, and where my best friend lives. 

Wonder what their plans for Dax are if they are going to bring a vet safety in. Is Dax going to go back to being a backup Nickle and take over that spot when Mike Hilton leaves?

I went to high school at Polk High. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Neither are quality starters imo

Good Backups maybe.

Thinking they draft Nix and he spends time learning behind one of these guys.  Pretty cheap option. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Griever said:

Never understood the "voodoo" economics of converting salary to signing bonus to create cap space. In that case, why not just convert 100% of every salary to a signing bonus and have an endless cap? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Never understood the "voodoo" economics of converting salary to signing bonus to create cap space. In that case, why not just convert 100% of every salary to a signing bonus and have an endless cap? 

I'm no capologist, I'm confused by this apparent loophole as well if someone more informed would care to explain...

10 minutes ago, Griever said:

I'm no capologist, I'm confused by this apparent loophole as well if someone more informed would care to explain...

Essentially, the current years salary which would hit 100% in the current year is converted to bonus and spread out over the remaining years of the contract. So if a player has 3 years left on his deal and his current salary is $15M - they convert the salary to bonus and then the $15M is spread out over this year plus the other two, so $5M per year. You would then save (create) $10M of cap space this year but add $5M to each of the next two years cap. It is kicking the can down the road. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Essentially, the current years salary which would hit 100% in the current year is converted to bonus and spread out over the remaining years of the contract. So if a player has 3 years left on his deal and his current salary is $15M - they convert the salary to bonus and then the $15M is spread out over this year plus the other two, so $5M per year. You would then save (create) $10M of cap space this year but add $5M to each of the next two years cap. It is kicking the can down the road. 

Thank you!