1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

i dont think he makes it down that far either

TE is a really hard position to forecast honestly. He’s definitely not going to be the athletic freak that Pitts was but he’s likely to test out a little higher than LaPorta did at the combine. My guess is he goes somewhere in the 15-25 range. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, spicoli said:

TE is a really hard position to forecast honestly. He’s definitely not going to be the athletic freak that Pitts was but he’s likely to test out a little higher than LaPorta did at the combine. My guess is he goes somewhere in the 15-25 range. 

Think you are spot on. Teams value boundary receivers more than move tight ends. I think he will go after MHJ/Nabers/Odunze, but before BTJ. I’m not sure Zac values the tight end judging by how little in terms of assets they used on them while he’s been here.

However flawed the thinking may or may not be, they want to get receivers into routes and let tight ends block and release to be a check down. Maybe that changes after this past year - but I’d wager they’d take Odunze over Bowers if both were available. I think the same would occur with a tackle if the right fit was there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JC said:

but I’d wager they’d take Odunze over Bowers if both were available. I think the same would occur with a tackle if the right fit was there.

Agreed. Likely Brian Thomas as well. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Why wouldn’t the Chargers just take one of the stud WRs? They have Keenan Allen and Mike Williams and that’s pretty much it. Allen is getting old and Williams is injury prone. Just can’t imagine they pass on a guy like Odunze for a TE. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

Why wouldn’t the Chargers just take one of the stud WRs? They have Keenan Allen and Mike Williams and that’s pretty much it. Allen is getting old and Williams is injury prone. Just can’t imagine they pass on a guy like Odunze for a TE. 

Could very well take a  wideout especially Odunze .

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2024 at 8:08 AM, JC said:

Think you are spot on. Teams value boundary receivers more than move tight ends. I think he will go after MHJ/Nabers/Odunze, but before BTJ. I’m not sure Zac values the tight end judging by how little in terms of assets they used on them while he’s been here.

However flawed the thinking may or may not be, they want to get receivers into routes and let tight ends block and release to be a check down. Maybe that changes after this past year - but I’d wager they’d take Odunze over Bowers if both were available. I think the same would occur with a tackle if the right fit was there.

Agree..

I'm certain the Chargers will take a skilled position to help Herbert.

TE Slot Wideout all on the their list..

Yes Odunze over Bowers unless they sign a FA  Wideout.

• Upvote 1