39 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

My first full mock draft

IMG_20240213_202952.jpg

In my opinion, I ended up getting the best DT, Nickel, RB, and P in the entire draft. Plus a physical freak with the longest arms (Paul) at RT.

Essentially getting immediate or eventual replacements for Reader, Jonah, Hilton, Mixon, and Robbins. Plus high ceiling sleeper guys to develop in the later rounds. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

I don’t watch a ton of college football, but what I do watch is PAC 12. I began to notice Fuaga early in the year. He’s a lot more than just brute strength. It may be sacrilege, but he just looked like a right-side Sewell to me. 

• Upvote 1

Honestly, Fuaga, Alt and Powers-Johnson are the only 3 OL I’d feel comfortable spending a top 20 pick on. The more I study the group, the more I’m convinced trading back is the way to go this year. 

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Honestly, Fuaga, Alt and Powers-Johnson are the only 3 OL I’d feel comfortable spending a top 20 pick on. The more I study the group, the more I’m convinced trading back is the way to go this year. 

I think we likely sign a transitional RT, (Elumanor seems to want to come here) so really any of the guys available at 18 I'm ok with. But it means that Frank Pollack wont have any excuses about whether he can coach up a guy or not because whomever we take will be "his guy". So the likely hood of any RT rookie starting day 1 is not super high imo.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I think we likely sign a transitional RT, (Elumanor seems to want to come here) so really any of the guys available at 18 I'm ok with. But it means that Frank Pollack wont have any excuses about whether he can coach up a guy or not because whomever we take will be "his guy". So the likely hood of any RT rookie starting day 1 is not super high imo.

Fuaga would start on our oline.

Alt too but he'll be gone .

Mims Guyton and Paul might sit and learn a bit.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Fuaga would start on our oline.

I suspect nobody does on day 1 if we have a guy like Elumanor. May end up being a Jordan Battle situation where the rookie ends up starting by the end of the year. Hopefully not because the other guy sucks.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I suspect nobody does on day 1 if we have a guy like Elumanor. May end up being a Jordan Battle situation where the rookie ends up starting by the end of the year. Hopefully not because the other guy sucks.

IF Elumanor signs Fuaga could backup

plus push Volson for his job.

Either way I'd love to get the beastly boy. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

I don’t watch a ton of college football, but what I do watch is PAC 12. I began to notice Fuaga early in the year. He’s a lot more than just brute strength. It may be sacrilege, but he just looked like a right-side Sewell to me. 

So what you're really saying is you won't be watching any college football in 2024 (unless you're a Beaver or Cougar fan?) 🙃

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MOC said:

So what you're really saying is you won't be watching any college football in 2024 (unless you're a Beaver or Cougar fan?) 🙃

As the son of an Oregon State graduate...and with close ties to Wazzu (despite their ditzy Pres saying "don't say it"), that would be a bingo! 

• Like 1

Last year the Bengals missed out on 6'8 Dawand Jones and his ungodly reach. 

This year there is one player with similar reach to Dawand ... The 6'7 Patrick Paul. 

Dawand Jones 
36 3/8"  arms 
87 7/8"  wingspan 

Patrick Paul 
36 1/4"  arms 
86 1/4"  wingspan 

IMG_20240213_234008.jpg

... He can basically touch the ground while standing up. 

4 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

As the son of an Oregon State graduate...and with close ties to Wazzu (despite their ditzy Pres saying "don't say it"), that would be a bingo! 

Then you must be a thrilled with the idea that Bengals could draft Fuaga.

Did you watch him play this year?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

This year there is one player with similar reach to Dawand ... The 6'7 Patrick Paul. 

Dawand Jones 
36 3/8"  arms 
87 7/8"  wingspan 

Patrick Paul 
36 1/4"  arms 
86 1/4"  wingspan 

IMG_20240213_234008.jpg

I hope we pick him

27 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Then you must be a thrilled with the idea that Bengals could draft Fuaga.

Did you watch him play this year?

I did…often. Overall, that Oregon State was one of those decently talented team and were fun to watch. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Dawand Jones 
36 3/8"  arms 
87 7/8"  wingspan 

Patrick Paul 
36 1/4"  arms 
86 1/4"  wingspan 

IMG_20240213_234008.jpg

Call your doctor because it's going to be hard for longer than 4 hours after reading this mock......

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-land-brock-bowers-patrick-paul-latest-pff-nfl-mock-draft

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Call your doctor because it's going to be hard for longer than 4 hours after reading this mock......

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-land-brock-bowers-patrick-paul-latest-pff-nfl-mock-draft

I don't think Bowers gets pass the Chargers.

He's exactly what Herbert needs and Harbaugh will oblige him.