Random 2024 Bengals related stuff

On 3/23/2024 at 1:16 PM, IKOTA said:

How someone could look at that pic, and the first thought that comes to their mind is that she’s not fashionable?  I would imagine alcohol and processed foods are a dietary staple for that individual. The world is filled with such dumbasses these days unfortunately. 

Grandpa down to granddaughters, accomplishments galore. Disciplined lifestyle in order to achieve what they have, positively influencing countless others to be ambitious and achievement oriented, yet the issue is with their fashion. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Go crack that beer and pop open more potato chips, it’s probably hopeless at this point. Oh yeah, don’t forget to sit on the recliner in front of the tv so your mind can be made up for you on how you should be thinking. 

How anyone could defend the utter garbage that Mike Brown and family  put on the field for 30 years by pretending the last 4 years was  business as usual is laughable.   

In 33 years, Mike Brown, who INHERITED THE team is 223-303-4.  In a league with a real salary cap, that is terrible. The Browns sat back, had the league negotiate every TV deal, every collective bargaining agreement, accepted their cut and didn’t do anything to promote the league.  No effort necessary. 

5 playoff wins in 33 years, all 5 of them coming in the last 3 years. ACCOMPLISHMENTS GALORE!   Are the Walton heirs  rocket scientists?  Is Trump a genius? Paris Hilton extraordinary?  No, they were born into wealth. 

We got LUCKY. Lucky as hell. Pure luck that Joe Burrow is a generationally great QB and we sucked so bad we had the first pick. Utter fucking  luck.  Lucky his knee got blown out (a little sarcasm) and we got Chase the next draft.   He fell into their lap because the team absolutely sucked.  

I suffered thru almost 3 decades of shit, screw them.  Don’t you remember the 90s and the Carson Palmer era shit show?  The Chris Henry saga?  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

We got LUCKY. Lucky as fuck. Pure luck that Joe Burrow is a generationally great QB and we sucked so bad we had the first pick. Utter fucking  luck.  Lucky his knee got blown out and we got Chase the next draft.   He fell into their lap because the team absolutely sucked. 

& then when handed this generational talent they let the likes of Jonah Williams play out of position to save $6-8M on the way to letting their franchise QB be the most-sacked QB in the NFL (for the 2 seasons he's managed to stay on the field.)

Kinda like being handed a gold mine and building an outhouse over the mine shaft. 

I think the younger generation of ownership may have learned something from their past but the fact remains they're only in that ownership position due to a genetic lottery. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

& then when handed this generational talent they let the likes of Jonah Williams play out of position to save $6-8M on the way to letting their franchise QB be the most-sacked QB in the NFL (for the 2 seasons he's managed to stay on the field.)

Kinda like being handed a gold mine and building an outhouse over the mine shaft. 

I think the younger generation of ownership may have learned something from their past but the fact remains they're only in that ownership position due to a genetic lottery. 

I agree.  Things have gotten much better since the younger generation started to exert more control but how hard is it to look around at the other more successful franchises and copy what they do?  

They were literally handed a government protected money printing press where losing money actually takes effort.  Don’t forget they also held the city hostage for a new stadium that the taxpayers of Hamilton county got to pay for. I don’t blame them, I would have done the same but there is a reason the US used to frown on monopolies.  

Clark Hunt inherited the Chiefs 14 years ago and has been the CEO for 17 years.  There is no doubt he is as cheap an owner as you will ever meet but at least they win.  

• Upvote 2

On 3/23/2024 at 11:26 AM, BlackJesus said:

Is it Ted Karras or Ted Kentucky ?

If not for his lack of academic eligibility, he would be perfect for UK or any of the SEC schools - could really help them when they play juggernauts like Oakland or Yale.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

That time between the schedule release and preseason is rough. Thankfully the Reds have a team worth watching again.

It really is. I do enjoy the training camp updates and footage though...so long as #9 has no ailments 🤞

• Upvote 1

Just now, Le Tigre said:

They took some serious injury hits this spring. One hopes they can backfill some stop-gaps until healthy. 

In addition to Marte getting suspended.

As far as injury I know McClain is, but who else did I miss?