What the hell is with sports radio in Cincinnati???

My goodness it is awful!

Trying to listen online from out of town just to get a feel for what's going on. Listening to this clown named lance or something...and this guy paul dockery or something. Is the talent in cincy really that piss poor they can't find anyone better? Man, this is impossible to listen to. Had to turn it off.

How has there not any revolt to get someone better onthe air? Or do people acutally listen to these guys? Can't imagine the stations would keep them on air if people weren't listening to them.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='770779' date='Apr 27 2009, 07:58 PM']i like pdoc

lance is poopy[/quote]

I'll go along with that. Doc is pretty good, be he sure doesn't have a voice for radio though. :)

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='770779' date='Apr 27 2009, 07:58 PM']i like pdoc

lance is poopy[/quote]

That guy is just painful to listen to. His life must suck. Sounds like he has a problem with just about everything. Sounds like pretty miserable person. I'm willing to bet it's just a matter of time before the guy kills himself.

You guys back in town must have real low standards.

[quote name='WhoDeyBabe' post='770794' date='Apr 27 2009, 08:30 PM']That guy is just painful to listen to. His life must suck. Sounds like he has a problem with just about everything. Sounds like pretty miserable person. I'm willing to bet it's just a matter of time before the guy kills himself.

You guys back in town must have real low standards.[/quote]

well i am talking to you.

:ninja:

[quote name='WhoDeyBabe' post='770794' date='Apr 27 2009, 08:30 PM']That guy is just painful to listen to. His life must suck. Sounds like he has a problem with just about everything. Sounds like pretty miserable person. I'm willing to bet it's just a matter of time before the guy kills himself.

You guys back in town must have real low standards.[/quote]

it's painful listening to you bitch !

i do sell some cheese to go with your wine if you like :rolleyes:

[quote name='WhoDeyBabe' post='770761' date='Apr 27 2009, 07:31 PM']My goodness it is awful!

Trying to listen online from out of town just to get a feel for what's going on. Listening to this clown named lance or something...and this guy paul dockery or something. Is the talent in cincy really that piss poor they can't find anyone better? Man, this is impossible to listen to. Had to turn it off.

How has there not any revolt to get someone better onthe air? Or do people acutally listen to these guys? Can't imagine the stations would keep them on air if people weren't listening to them.[/quote]
You think Lance and Paul Daugherty are bad? Try listening to Alan Cutler in the morning, or Mo Egger in the early afternoon. It is embarassingly bad.

People listen because there are no other options....and the tri-state is full of not so intelligent people.

I don't mind Paul, a bit whiny, but not bad. Lance is a freak. He's got a good rep in the radio world, but I don't enjoy listening to him. Thank goodness for Rome, and Tirico and Van Pelt.

[quote name='PakMan' post='770800' date='Apr 27 2009, 08:36 PM']You think Lance and Paul Daugherty are bad? Try listening to Alan Cutler in the morning, or Mo Egger in the early afternoon. It is embarassingly bad.

People listen because there are no other options....and the tri-state is full of not so intelligent people.

I don't mind Paul, a bit whiny, but not bad. Lance is a freak. He's got a good rep in the radio world, but I don't enjoy listening to him. Thank goodness for Rome, and Tirico and Van Pelt.[/quote]

Oh man! I think I've heard a little of those guys but didn't know their names. You guys should not put up with that crap. That's bad that you are forced to listen to them because there are no other options. I feel your pain. But damn, you would think after a while, stations would be forced to get some decent on-air talent.

I remember the one guy from when I lived there. Wasn't he the guy that wrote the annoying newspaper columns about how much he hates sports and everything involving sports? And now he is hosting a show about sports? Seems like torture for a sports fan. Who was the genius in charge of that decision?

[quote name='WhoDeyBabe' post='770761' date='Apr 27 2009, 07:31 PM']My goodness it is awful!

How has there not any revolt to get someone better onthe air? Or do people acutally listen to these guys? Can't imagine the stations would keep them on air if people weren't listening to them.[/quote]

lack of competition. Cincy really needs another decent sports channel to challenge 1530 for sports talk radio.

Sad thing is, Dayton's sports talk is twice as bad.

[quote name='mongo' post='770784' date='Apr 28 2009, 09:13 AM']I'll go along with that. Doc is pretty good, be he sure doesn't have a voice for radio though. :)[/quote]

Yeah, but he could have a face for radio....which would explain everything.
MULLY

[quote name='WhoDeyBabe' post='770809' date='Apr 27 2009, 08:49 PM']Oh man! I think I've heard a little of those guys but didn't know their names. You guys should not put up with that crap. That's bad that you are forced to listen to them because there are no other options. I feel your pain. But damn, you would think after a while, stations would be forced to get some decent on-air talent.

I remember the one guy from when I lived there. [b]Wasn't he the guy that wrote the annoying newspaper columns about how much he hates sports and everything involving sports?[/b] And now he is hosting a show about sports? Seems like torture for a sports fan. Who was the genius in charge of that decision?[/quote]

he's openly stated that he dislikes Cincinnati and most of everything about the city.

I have no idea what he said on his show tonight, but this post on his blog after arguably the best Bengals draft in the last 2 decades basically tells you how crappy of a journalist he is these days. He's completely jaded.

[quote]TML refuses to grade the Bengals draft because it's a waste of time. Drafts worthy of grades now are those that occurred 4-5-6 years ago. Those players should be the core of your team. Those Bengals drafts were not good. This one seems a mixed bag. They went for a couple guys with motivational issues (A. Smith, DE Michael Johnson) and another guy who's been arrested five times. You could question the Maualuga pick, especially when Eben Britton was still on the board. You could say for a 4-11-1 team, taking a punter in round 5 was a luxury.

But honestly, I have no idea how they did, and neither does anyone else. Ask in five years.

How does a guy whose team goes 6-10 award himself a $1.9m bonus? How does that same guy who says football can't survive in Cincinnati w/o a new stadium pay himself and his family members $50m between 1994 and 2000? How does anyone support the guy's team, in any fashion?[/quote]

I actually like Mo Egger. I listen to Cutler because otherwise it's the equally terrible (and non-sports oriented) Jim Scott in the early morning. Rome is OK for a few laughs.

Lance is a blowhard, though, and PDoc should stick to writing sentimental articles about his dog dying.

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='770852' date='Apr 27 2009, 09:33 PM']Colin Cowherd hates the Bengals. He uses basically every chance he gets to bash them. Sadly I would much rather listen to him than that weird annoying fuck Jim Rome.[/quote]

I used to hate cowherd, but I've actually warmed to him a little, in large part because he's better than the local crap.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='770853' date='Apr 27 2009, 09:37 PM']I used to hate cowherd, but I've actually warmed to him a little, in large part because he's better than the local crap.[/quote]
He has an annoying douche sounding voice but at least he talks about football for a majority of his show. I thought he would give us a little props today, but the only things he said were that we suck at drafting. He gave the Browns props though...

[quote name='akiliMVP' post='770854' date='Apr 27 2009, 09:41 PM']He has an annoying douche sounding voice but at least he talks about football for a majority of his show. I thought he would give us a little props today, but the only things he said were that we suck at drafting. He gave the Browns props though...[/quote]

I completely agree. Listening to his show is really a double-edged sword. Love the football talk (especially college football) and he has good guests, but he can be insanely irritating as well. He's the king of the strawman argument..."well, Cincinnati fan says 'We had the best draft and are going to the Super Bowl now'" And then of course spend the next 10 minutes railing on that 'position' that no one has actually argued.

He's got a face made for punching.

I love JT the Brick at night. Nothing better than cruising in my Jeep with the top down at about 1 in the morning and having JT going off on some team.

Love that guy.

PDoc isn't bad.

Lance was better before he and Marvin split up.

I generally like Mo Egger. I liked him better when he was just a fill-in. He caters to much to Lance's pre-audience.

I'm just glad the racist is gone.

[quote name='BurnsBengal' post='770859' date='Apr 27 2009, 09:49 PM']I completely agree. Listening to his show is really a double-edged sword. Love the football talk (especially college football) and he has good guests, but he can be insanely irritating as well. He's the king of the strawman argument..."well, Cincinnati fan says 'We had the best draft and are going to the Super Bowl now'" And then of course spend the next 10 minutes railing on that 'position' that no one has actually argued.

He's got a face made for punching.[/quote]

kind of how I feel about Lance. Lance is a self-absorbed whiny egomaniac. He tends to have great guests though.

Archived