Family Feud (3/17/89) | Super Bowl Special | Bengals vs. 49ers

I'm not quoting because I am sure many have you on ignore....but you say he can't read, yet you seem like the stupid fuck..

and why the hell don't I have you on ignore?

I remember setting the VCR for this. Holy Shit!

lol... no doubt with the holy shit

I'm not quoting because I am sure many have you on ignore....but you say he can't read, yet you seem like the stupid fuck..

and why the hell don't I have you on ignore?

lol... no doubt with the holy shit

Not defending hayden becuase i dont like the guy either....but it was true that he couldnt read.

http://enquirer.com/editions/1999/12/05/spt_why_james_cant_read.html

It's funny how the Bengals rep Family Fued with the high profile dudes and the SF squad has the lesser knowns.

I think some Bengals had appearances on some soap operas and other TV shows.     Boomer clearly was the front runner but Ickey had a bunch too.

Before I watch, did we win?  I don't want to watch another loss to the 49ers.

:lol:

We did, but in the immediate aftermath evidence arose that the contest was fixed from the start, designed to return good-will to otherwise soul-crushed fan base.

Thankfully, the NFL powers that be concluded that getting mired in a meaningless scandal would do irreparable harm to fan confidence, and so wisely decided to cover it up.

Almost as funny as the SNL skit done for the Bengal's first Super Bowl loss to the 49ers.

snl_272_02.jpg

Season 7 episode 10, Saturday Night Live: The 1980s

On Netflix for instant viewing.

Classic SNL Review: January 30, 1982: John Madden / Jennifer Holliday (S07E10)

OPENING: BENGALS LOCKER ROOM

-After their Super Bowl loss, John Madden reports from the Cincinatti Bengals locker room in the Pontiac Silverdome, where Archie Griffin (Eddie Murphy) alleges mob conspiracy before being murdered by a vindictive teammate (Joe Piscopo), coach Forrest Gregg (Tim Kazurinsky) has the kicker (Tony Rosato) deported and Kenny Anderson’s (Brian Doyle-Murray) Christian faith is shaken.

-An alright opener with some very dark stuff, like the casual reveal of the one player hanging lifelessly while the coach yells at Rosato’s character as he’s being dragged away.
-The funniest parts were Gregg asking Madden if he knows what it’s like to get this close and blow it, and Madden meekly responding in the affirmative, which is kind of an obvious joke but something about the way Madden delivered it was funny to me.

-The other part that I liked was Kenny Anderson tearfully questioning if there was a God because of a certain call made against him and then matter-of-factly saying “Now I will worship Satan” before taking another swig of Jack Daniels.

Before I watch, did we win?  I don't want to watch another loss to the 49ers.

The historical record shows the Bengals won when Norman Jewison Esiason III answered somewhat ironically..."hot dog."

Survey says championship.

But real fans of the game know the games most important moment came much earlier, when forgotten hero David Fulcher answered...."candy."

Because everyone knows you can't spell championship without three out of five of the letters that appear in the word candy.

Also of note, Esiason' earlier answer of "tuxedo" is largely forgotten today, but historians looking at both of his answers now wonder if the so-called Boomer wasn't making a desperate cry for help that day. All anyone knows for certain is after uttering the words...tuxedo hotdog...Boomer Esiason was never the same again.

Archived