Bengals - State of the Franchise

[quote name='LeakyBengal' post='460854' date='Mar 22 2007, 07:18 PM']has it been on yet[/quote]

No. Airing for the first time Friday at 7pm.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='460902' date='Mar 22 2007, 09:24 PM']whats it suppose to be about ?[/quote]

I think they look at the off season, and draft needs, and things of that nature.

[quote name='Kochman' post='460852' date='Mar 22 2007, 06:17 PM']:0stfu: I hate TimeWarner!!!!!![/quote]

Me, too!

[quote name='Jason' post='460914' date='Mar 22 2007, 08:46 PM']No. Airing for the first time Friday at 7pm.
I think they look at the off season, and draft needs, and things of that nature.[/quote]

If that is true, we get an F.

[quote name='Kochman' post='460852' date='Mar 22 2007, 07:17 PM']:0stfu: I hate TimeWarner!!!!!![/quote]

i am currently doing some work with time warner, a day doesnt go by that I dont give someone a hefty load of shit about NFLN... they consistantly state "we dont feel everyone should ahve to pay for a channel with such a limited audience, we only put channels everyone can enjoy in the basic package. at which point i go on a rant of about 15 pointless mindless channels that no one can enjoy, like the oxygen channel, WE - womens entertainment channel, the 8 home shopping channels, etc, that have a far smaller audience than NFLN.

they are getting pretty tired of it. but they dont sign my paychecks and they need me more than i need them in the situation so its still fun for me. "so what results are you getting from so and so situation" "i tell ya its pretty bad, the results would be far far improved if you offered NFLN"

funny time warner and their backwards logics.

anyone here work there? i have a feeling they get shit non stop...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='461045' date='Mar 23 2007, 01:02 AM']i am currently doing some work with time warner, a day doesnt go by that I dont give someone a hefty load of shit about NFLN... they consistantly state "we dont feel everyone should ahve to pay for a channel with such a limited audience, we only put channels everyone can enjoy in the basic package. at which point i go on a rant of about 15 pointless mindless channels that no one can enjoy, like the oxygen channel, WE - womens entertainment channel, the 8 home shopping channels, etc, that have a far smaller audience than NFLN.

they are getting pretty tired of it. but they dont sign my paychecks and they need me more than i need them in the situation so its still fun for me. "so what results are you getting from so and so situation" "i tell ya its pretty bad, the results would be far far improved if you offered NFLN"

anyone here work there? i have a feeling they get shit non stop...[/quote]

Or C-span

Give 'em hell Go!

[quote name='GoBengals' post='461045' date='Mar 23 2007, 01:02 AM']i am currently doing some work with time warner, a day doesnt go by that I dont give someone a hefty load of shit about NFLN... they consistantly state "we dont feel everyone should ahve to pay for a channel with such a limited audience, we only put channels everyone can enjoy in the basic package. at which point i go on a rant of about 15 pointless mindless channels that no one can enjoy, like the oxygen channel, WE - womens entertainment channel, the 8 home shopping channels, etc, that have a far smaller audience than NFLN.

anyone here work there? i have a feeling they get shit non stop...[/quote]

You can tell them the deciding factor for me keeping Directv and not going back to TWC is the simple fact that they do not offer NFLN....

I mentioned I have Direct TV just to get the NFL Network to TW at the Home and Garden show a couple of weeks ago. Before I switched, I wrote every month requested NFL Network and when I shut off the cable, and they tried to offer a deal... I said you can't offer NFL Network so nothing will get me back until it's offered.
I've been very happy with Direct TV although I miss On Demand, I love my NFL Network. There are other channels only on Direct TV I like as well so TW won't see me as a customer any time soon...

PS - My sister-in-law works there but she's not involved with that stuff but she hears it too....

Guest Yojimbo
time warner wants to put the NFL package in their sports tier, so that more people will shell out more money. NFL says "no deal." Thats the stalemate.

They know the demand for NFL, they arent stupid. They are just trying to jack the customer, as usual. They are shooting themselves in the foot though because customers aren't coming back.

[quote name='Yojimbo' post='461358' date='Mar 23 2007, 02:40 PM']time warner wants to put the NFL package in their sports tier, so that more people will shell out more money. NFL says "no deal." Thats the stalemate.

They know the demand for NFL, they arent stupid. They are just trying to jack the customer, as usual. They are shooting themselves in the foot though because customers aren't coming back.[/quote]

That's because their customers see that they can get more channels for less money on Satellite including NFLN. It's just too hard to swallow TW's line about not wanting to pass the cost on to their customers. Especially when they jack our rates every few months without adding content.

Bastards. It's apparant that their customers pockets are not their concern. They see a goose 'o golden eggs, and they want to milk it for all it's worth.

If it wasn't for On Demand I would already be a DTV customer. My fiance is a total on demand addict, and trying to convince her to give it up for NFLN just aint flying. I tried the "it's cheaper" route, but she doesn't give a shit.

NFLN just isn't worth domestic strife, so I wait.

:1violin:

[quote name='Jason' post='461335' date='Mar 23 2007, 01:09 PM']Since I do not live in Cincy, I got DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket. But even if I moved back to Cincinnati, I would stay with DirecTV.[/quote]

I get DirecTV for Sunday Ticket also - I can pretty much get every game, every week. Living in Dallas, the 'Boys are usually sold out anyway, so they're on local TV.

I had been considering switching to Verizon FIOS (TV over fiber) - the picture is great, and bad weather won't knock out reception (we have some bad rainstorms here sometimes, and the satellite transmission can be affected). But Verizon doesn't offer Sunday Ticket, although they do offer NFL Network. Programming pricing is about the same, but Verizon offers a little more, channel-wise, and I think the picture (DirecTV is good, but FIOS is even better).

You can suspend DirecTV service for 9 months at no cost - I'm considering that, until pre-season football starts up in August. Then, I'd turn up Sunday Ticket and DirecTV at the lowest programming package, and pay for both during the football season. It'd be about $200 extra for 4 months, not including the NFL Sunday ticket, which I'll get regardless.

[quote name='Jason' post='460914' date='Mar 23 2007, 01:46 AM']No. Airing for the first time Friday at 7pm.
I think they look at the off season, and draft needs, and things of that nature.[/quote]
Where the hell is this program? It's not on tonight at 7 :contract:
NFL Total Access is on :thumbsdown:

Edit: never mind, it looks like the Bengals stuff is part of this program... :headbang:

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='461547' date='Mar 23 2007, 11:17 PM']hey Uk, you got the Network in England and Bengalbacker can't even get it in the U.S ? :whistle:[/quote]
DirecTV + Slingbox = :thumbsup:

So far this has been nothing exciting... Whining about arrests, replacing Steiny, Tory, Simmons, KK.... blah blah blah

Willie's on after the commercial. Let's hope he has something to say worth tuning in for.

edit: no such luck...

A few of us here could have put together a better summary of what's up this offseason. Only piece of insight is that the Bengals are looking at Leon Hall @ 18. Or Griffin from TX.

I am thankful for the heads-up that this show was on (thanks, Jason), but boy it turned out to be much ado about nothing.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='461566' date='Mar 23 2007, 11:50 PM']Solomon Wilcots said if Patrick Willis is gone we should draft Leon Hall because he impressed with his speed in the 40 or Michael Griffin because he is the best all around athlete at safety, and that he is a good tackler.[/quote]
The clips they showed of Griffin tackling were impressive. I would not at all be disappointed to see that kind of tackling in our secondary for the next decade.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='461595' date='Mar 24 2007, 12:42 AM']That is what I have been saying all along....

Go watch the video in the draft forum of Griffin and Nelson and tell me who inpresses you more...

Nelson does'nt even extend his arms to try and wrap up...[/quote]
Another Griffin youtube vid I found...

A few tackles in here where he comes flying in instead of wrapping up, but plenty where he drives the ball carrier backwards and wraps up tight. I am becoming a fan, quickly.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='461599' date='Mar 23 2007, 08:05 PM']A few tackles in here where he comes flying in instead of wrapping up, but plenty where he drives the ball carrier backwards and wraps up tight. I am becoming a fan, quickly.[/quote]

Looks good...There's a great, great pass deflection at 1:48, and plenty of coverage plays as well.

He's very interesting. I wonder if they could trade down to around #23 and still get him.

BZ

Archived