Chad up to his old tricks, again!

[quote][size=3]Also today, wide receiver Chad Johnson said he sent a box of his books, written by Enquirer columnist Paul Daugherty, to each member of the Falcons secondary ahead of the game Monday night.[/size][/quote]

[url="http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/"]http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/[/url]

:lol:

Great, maybe one of them will be looking to knock his block off ala the Browns game last year....[quote name='GoBengals' post='533011' date='Aug 24 2007, 03:38 PM']do they all have tables with wobbly legs or something?[/quote]Fireplaces that need kindling?

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='533018' date='Aug 24 2007, 03:48 PM']You really think people didn't try to kill Jerry Rice coming over the middle because he didn't talk? C'mon...defenders are defenders, they try to kill everything.[/quote]
That's true, but why incite them further so they take "wanting to put a hit on someone" up to "I want to kill that guy to shut his goddamn mouth!"?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='533020' date='Aug 24 2007, 05:50 PM']That's true, but why incite them further so they take "wanting to put a hit on someone" up to "I want to kill that guy to shut his goddamn mouth!"?[/quote]

i agree.

no sense in getting them fired up over a game that doesnt count.

the falcons arent going anywhere this year, so maybe they take this as another insult and want to take it out on him.

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='533018' date='Aug 24 2007, 05:48 PM']You really think people didn't try to kill Jerry Rice coming over the middle because he didn't talk? [b]C'mon...defenders are defenders, they try to kill everything.[/b][/quote]

Unless they are OUR defenders <_<

[quote name='Bunghole' post='533100' date='Aug 24 2007, 08:15 PM']They give you a pillow and a juice and cookies snack.[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

I got a good laugh out of it... probably because it is true unfortunately. It would be nice if the D could all be out there like they want to kill the other team, like I think of the Ravens. Maybe it's because we don't have a killer [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img]

[quote name='JungleCat' post='533115' date='Aug 24 2007, 09:12 PM'][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

I got a good laugh out of it... probably because it is true unfortunately. It would be nice if the D could all be out there like they want to kill the other team, like I think of the Ravens. Maybe it's because we don't have a killer [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img][/quote]

I think we are slowly getting that way. White and Ndukwe are both big hitters. Hall is known to be a physical corner. It was clear they went after physical defenders in this years draft. I also believe I read that Toeiana is known to play with a mean streak. And Brooks will be a bad mother once he can get going full steam.

I don't know how much better our D will be this year, but I'm confident that by the end of the season we will be saying they are much more physical.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='533131' date='Aug 24 2007, 08:13 PM']I think we are slowly getting that way. White and Ndukwe are both big hitters. Hall is known to be a physical corner. It was clear they went after physical defenders in this years draft. I also believe I read that Toeiana is known to play with a mean streak. And Brooks will be a bad mother once he can get going full steam.

I don't know how much better our D will be this year, but I'm confident that by the end of the season we will be saying they are much more physical.[/quote]
I hope. And I don't buy anything into this "Jesus, did you see the 100 yard cushion our DB's were giving the Saints WR's in that meaningless preseason game?" logic either.
We just have to be above average statistically on that side of the ball as long as our offense lives up to it's end of the bargain...which it should...

[quote name='rudi32' post='533021' date='Aug 24 2007, 05:50 PM']sigh
i would rather see chad not disappear in big games and at the end of the season than send books[/quote]

My feeling exactly. I think Chad is a talent, but often if not always gets in his own way. He claims he needs to smack talk (in fun) to bring out his talents. I call bullshit. When Chad shows up in a big game, at the end of the season or in the playoffs, I willl give him his props. He is a very good player and statistically he is the best in the AFC over the last 3 to 4 years. No arguement there, statistically. I want Chad to show up in big games: Baltimore, Pitt, and games last year like Denver and Indy. Only then will he be considered a great receiver, in my book.

So why do you think Chris Henry has all the TDs and Housh averages 120 yards or so against the Steelers and Ravens? Cause they overplay Chad to the max and Carson doesnt force it to him.

Some of you are a caution. You should watch a team with bad running backs or bad wideouts or a bad QB to
allow you to appreciate what you have here instead of complaining about the low points in the best 4 year wideout
run in NFL history.

I seem to remember Chad burning Champ Bailey for 2 50 yard TDs on the first Monday night game we had in a zillion years. Guess that wasn't big enough for you. Or all the catches on Carsons big comeback against the Ravens. Or Chad chopping up the Steelers in 2005 in Pittsburg for tough catch after tough catch.

But I should forget about all that and whine about how life and everybody sucks because we lost three games in a row last year. Then if anything bad happens, I will be happy I predicted it in advance

[quote name='Oldcat' post='533187' date='Aug 24 2007, 11:56 PM']So why do you think Chris Henry has all the TDs and Housh averages 120 yards or so against the Steelers and Ravens? Cause they overplay Chad to the max and Carson doesnt force it to him.

Some of you are a caution. You should watch a team with bad running backs or bad wideouts or a bad QB to
allow you to appreciate what you have here instead of complaining about the low points in the best 4 year wideout
run in NFL history.

I seem to remember Chad burning Champ Bailey for 2 50 yard TDs on the first Monday night game we had in a zillion years. Guess that wasn't big enough for you. Or all the catches on Carsons big comeback against the Ravens. Or Chad chopping up the Steelers in 2005 in Pittsburg for tough catch after tough catch.

But I should forget about all that and whine about how life and everybody sucks because we lost three games in a row last year. Then if anything bad happens, I will be happy I predicted it in advance[/quote]

yea pure skill gets the corner to trip over himself..

and chad only scored 1 TD in the MNF game. and what does a game almost 3 years ago have to do with anything? and in pitt in 2005 he had 5 catches for 54 yards and no TD.s stellar.

why are you making 3 yr old excuses for todays issues?

i dont see anyone here saying the guy is trash and has never done anything. great wr's are consistent. consistent teams will when it matters. chad is one of the most inconsistent WR's in the nfl, one of the most skilled but easily the most inconsistent.

how about AT pitt last year, 1 catch for 11 yards..

in the first 4 games last year he had a single game over 64 yards, and a single TD. against the browns mind you, in fact, at the halfway point, he had 2 TD's, in a 3 game span, he got over half his TD's and over 575 of his yards.

thats the definition of inconsistency ....

[quote name='Oldcat' post='533187' date='Aug 24 2007, 11:56 PM']So why do you think Chris Henry has all the TDs and Housh averages 120 yards or so against the Steelers and Ravens? Cause they overplay Chad to the max and Carson doesnt force it to him.

run in NFL history.

But I should forget about all that and whine about how life and everybody sucks because we lost three games in a row last year. Then if anything bad happens, I will be happy I predicted it in advance[/quote]

Where to begin with this- beyond what Go already said. First of all you are listening way too much to Chad's "whining"/comments on how he is double and tripled team. Yeah, you don't think Jerry Rice had the same thing. The point is, as I said, Chad is a very good receiver. Greatness comes when you perform in the clutch. Chad has not performed in the clutch. He is very good, not great. I think he could be great, but lets his emotions and his mouth get in the way. That was my point.

You can call that "whining". I just see a player who could be "great" and can't get out of his own way. I see that as a waste of talent. You call that whining, I guesss.

Never said "everybody sucks because we lost 3 games". I said Chad doesn't show up in big games and when he does I will give him his props.

And to your point on how the whole defense is worried about Chad, then you would have expected TJ and Chris to go off during those last 3 games. If you compare the stats of the last 3 games vs. the averages for the season, Chris Henry performed right on Average. TJ was below average for catches and yardage by about 20%. And Chad was nearly 40% off his season average.

[quote][size=5][b]Chad gives his Pepto sequel[/b][/size]

A few years ago, Chad Johnson sent bottles of Pepto-Bismol to Browns defensive backs because of the upset stomachs they presumably would suffer from trying to cover him. (In fact, the joke was on Johnson because he had a dismal game.)

Chad has now come up with a sequel of sorts for Monday night's preseason game against Atlanta. He said he has sent autographed copies of his book, "I Can't Be Stopped" to Falcons defensive backs.

He enclosed a letter with the shipment.

[b]"To all the young dudes who don’t get a chance to guard me Monday night -- free agents and those not in the game -- this is just a little something to say you wouldn’t have been able to stop me anyway," Johnson said he wrote. "I went on to say to D('Angelo) Hall and all the veterans, good luck and have a wonderful season."[/b]

I wrote a letter to be read. Then I signed it to each one.[/quote]

[url="http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/content/sports/blog_rabinowitz.html"]http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/content/s...rabinowitz.html[/url]

[quote]"To all the young dudes who don’t get a chance to guard me Monday night -- free agents and those not in the game -- this is just a little something to say you wouldn’t have been able to stop me anyway," Johnson said he wrote. [b]"I went on to say to D('Angelo) Hall and all the veterans, good luck and have a wonderful season.[/b][/quote]

and that definately sounds like a reason for D. Hall to kill him....sounds like good clean
fun to me...I would speculate that most of the NFL has a grasp on Chad's sense of humor by now...unlike
some Bengals fans...

[b]WARNING: What you are about to read is a pre-menstral rant, the women actually typing this reply
is clearly out of control and wants to kill something.....[/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img]

"Can't get out of his own way" and "inconsistant" ARE THE ONLY THINGS I could agree with...can you
imagine how good he will be when he fixes these 2 "MINOR" problems... and I say MINOR because
they are minor compared to the other problems that need to be addressed....

How bout channeling some of that hatred towards the idiots who are hurting this team by
NOT BEING ON THE FIELD!!!....we coddle Henry and Thurman like they are
the fruit of the Gods....they have broken the laws, been suspended from games when we need
them the most yet some people on these boards sing their praises....BUT HOLY SHIT...if Chad Johnson pouts on the sidelines or opens his mouth, GET OUT THE FUCKING NOOSE!!!! :o

bitch, bitch, bitch.....

"He runs his mouth and He pouts"..."He's selfish".....
"I wish he would just shut up and produce"....

QUIT YOUR CRYING YOU BUNCH OF NANCY'S AND GET OVER YOURSELVES.... :lol:
"Ohhh nooooo....if he sends Pepto or books, that will just fuel their fire"

HELLO GIRLIES.......IT'S FOOTBALL, THEY DON'T NEED ANY FUEL, THEIR FUEL IS THE LOMBARDI...
if Chad and the rest of the team can't outplay them, then the other team was just the better team. :363:

holy shit...I need a cigarette.

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='533406' date='Aug 25 2007, 04:58 PM']and that definately sounds like a reason for D. Hall to kill him....sounds like good clean
fun to me...I would speculate that most of the NFL has a grasp on Chad's sense of humor by now...unlike
some Bengals fans...

[b]WARNING: What you are about to read is a pre-menstral rant, the women actually typing this reply
is clearly out of control and wants to kill something.....[/b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//19.gif[/img]

"Can't get out of his own way" and "inconsistant" ARE THE ONLY THINGS I could agree with...can you
imagine how good he will be when he fixes these 2 "MINOR" problems... and I say MINOR because

How bout channeling some of that hatred towards the idiots who are hurting this team by
the fruit of the Gods....they have broken the laws, been suspended from games when we need
them the most yet some people on these boards sing their praises....BUT HOLY SHIT...if Chad Johnson pouts on the sidelines or opens his mouth, GET OUT THE FUCKING NOOSE!!!! :o

bitch, bitch, bitch.....

HELLO GIRLIES.......IT'S FOOTBALL, THEY DON'T NEED ANY FUEL, THEIR FUEL IS THE LOMBARDI...
if Chad and the rest of the team can't outplay them, then the other team was just the better team. :363:

holy shit...I need a cigarette.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img]

:thumbsup:

:wub:

[quote]Great, maybe one of them will be looking to knock his block off ala the Browns game last year....[/quote]

Hey I just had a great idea.. What if Bresnahan anonymously sent our defense some kind of "gift" before every game, and signed it from one of that week's opponent's star offensive players?

Like:

[quote]Dear Bengals Linebackers -

You're all soft. I get hit harder than you guys every time it rains.

You suck!

-Todd Heap[/quote]

Taped to a big box of Maxi-pads?

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='533406' date='Aug 25 2007, 04:58 PM']and that definately sounds like a reason for D. Hall to kill him....sounds like good clean
some Bengals fans...

bitch, bitch, bitch.....

well i guess when chad gets knocked out after he catches that pass and is out for a few weeks i can sit back and say

well its just football/..............

if i was a corner i would love to take chad out,.im telling u.....him egging people on is a bad idea that will come back to haunt him.

last time i checked marvin harrison didnt send any pepto

some Bengals fans...

bitch, bitch, bitch.....

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

[quote name='rudi32' post='533418' date='Aug 25 2007, 09:18 PM']well i guess when chad gets knocked out after he catches that pass and is out for a few weeks i can sit back and say

well its just football/..............
if i was a corner i would love to take chad out,.im telling u.....him egging people on is a bad idea that will come back to haunt him.
last time i checked marvin harrison didnt send any pepto[/quote]

I've seen PLENTY of wide receivers get their blocks knocked off....it IS FOOTBALL....
as far as "egging them on"....You probably don't know what goes on behind
the scenes either...you see what the media wants you to see so of course you think
every DB in the league would want to kill him, that's why you say "I would love to take Chad out"...he may
be friendly with every DB in the league and likes to razz them...they laugh about it BUT
you fret about it because you don't know what kind of relationship he has with these guys....I watch anything and everything I can when it comes to
the Bengals and Chad gives alot of respect to the DBs that cover him in the same breath he is talking
smack...do you know that he frequently talks to Ike Taylor?? Ray Lewis??....just sayin...
Ike used to hang with a girl I work with and they still text occasionally....he knows
Chad is just playin so I'd imagine he is friends with other players as well...

TJ didn't send any Pepto either but he got his bell rung pretty good a couple
of times last year....

[quote name='T-Dub' post='533415' date='Aug 25 2007, 03:15 PM']Hey I just had a great idea.. What if Bresnahan anonymously sent our defense some kind of "gift" before every game, and signed it from one of that week's opponent's star offensive players?

Like:
Taped to a big box of Maxi-pads?[/quote]
I actually think that is a GREAT idea! Seriously!

Archived