The unintentional hit on Trent Green

Bengalino

Guest SportsFan
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='337733' date='Sep 12 2006, 12:34 AM']Let me see here. 1 game per week, he'll probably miss 3 or 4 games so that makes me think that he'll miss 3 or 4 weeks too....unless he's going to play some games in mid-week.
MULLY[/quote]

You might want to check the schedule or did you attend school with Bung? I bet you did and were the vala"dick"torian. We have a bye week in week three, no game played. Thus, 3-4 games missed means in this case 4-5 weeks missed. A minimal amount of effort on your part and you would have known games missed and weeks missed weren't equal.

Bung: I'm not even going to try to explain this one to you. It involves math. And math to your head is like Geathers to Trent's.

Guest SportsFan
[quote name='GoBengals' post='337723' date='Sep 11 2006, 11:37 PM']then why are you still here?[/quote]

Because I'm having fun.

Bung: that means I am having a good time, kinda like when you eat crayons during art class.

Guest Bengals1181

[quote name='SportsFan' post='337739' date='Sep 12 2006, 01:52 AM']Bung: I'm not even going to try to explain this one to you. It involves math. And math to your head is like Geathers to Trent's.[/quote]

Bung, have you been hitting your head on the shoulder blade of math again???? :o

Sportsfan: Since you probably need it explained, the only part of Geathers that hit Trent was when Trent's head snapped into his right shoulder blade. :) Neither his head nor shoulder touched Trent's head at all. :)

Guest SportsFan

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='337744' date='Sep 12 2006, 12:59 AM']Bung, have you been hitting your head on the shoulder blade of math again???? :o
Sportsfan: Since you probably need it explained, the only part of Geathers that hit Trent was when Trent's head snapped into his right shoulder blade. :) Neither his head nor shoulder touched Trent's head at all. :)[/quote]

Sorry to go intellectual on your ass there. My bad. The math action is what would make Bung's head hurt, not math literally hitting Bung's head, likewise, it was the action of Geathers that cause Green to ultimately hurt his head, not a direct hit to the head. I'll try to be more careful and keeps things simple for you.

Bung: That means I will try not to use big words and subtle comparisons for him as well as you. Bung, see, you're not alone.

[quote name='SportsFan' post='337739' date='Sep 12 2006, 02:52 PM']You might want to check the schedule or did you attend school with Bung? I bet you did and were the vala"dick"torian. We have a bye week in week three, no game played. Thus, 3-4 games missed means in this case 4-5 weeks missed. A minimal amount of effort on your part and you would have known games missed and weeks missed weren't equal.[/quote]

See, you're assuming that I give a flying rats ass about KC's schedule.
MULLY

Guest SportsFan
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='337748' date='Sep 12 2006, 01:14 AM']See, you're assuming that I give a flying rats ass about KC's schedule.
MULLY[/quote]

I would never assume that. My mistake was assuming that your reply would be an informed one. I apologize for that.

Bung: That means I made a mistake in thinking he knew what he was talking about.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Jeb' post='337751' date='Sep 12 2006, 02:36 AM']Your just feeding his fear. Ignore him and he'll go away.[/quote]

Or I'll make him go away.

Look asswipe, I called you out on your second post. Said you were a poser, a troll. You knew you were busted and you still tried to lie.

Now you're making personal attacks on long time posters who've pointed out what a slimy, worthless cocksucker you are. On top of that, you're arrogant. Arrogance from someone worthy of being arrogant is one thing, but when a lameass, worthless, slimy cocksucker is arrogant, it enters the realm of comedy. Yeah, I'll say this for you. For such a lameass, worthless, slimy, arrogant, lying cocksucker, it's mildly entertaining just watching you make an ass of yourself.

I'm not going to ban you. I am going to strongly suggest that you keep your personal attacks in the shit talk forum. Could you do that for me?

Thanks.

I actually hope you stick around and post over in that forum. We can use you like a tackling dummy, or a punching bag. Sharpen our skills for when a troll who isn't such a lame fucking liar might actually bring something worthy to a debate.

Enjoy your stay.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/6.gif[/img]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/19.gif[/img]

Guest schotzee

Ct scan and MRI negative.Great news for Green :thumbsup: .Carson has tried to reach him.Gonzales said he didn't think it was a cheap shot and that Geathers didn't hit him with his helmet.
[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2583312"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2583312[/url]

Guest SportsFan
[quote name='Jeb' post='337751' date='Sep 12 2006, 01:36 AM']Fulcher,

Ignore him and he'll go away.[/quote]

Dang, I'd have succeeded if it weren't for the meddling kids. Finally!!! Someone gets it. Good job Jeb. The Bengals get a win, but some pesky poster has everyone's all a flutter. At least Jeb knows my replies are all based on your comments.

Guest oldschooler
Hey Steggy !

Lance McAlister has a link to your YouTube video of the hit on Green
up on his blog.

[quote][size=5][b]How would anyone [/b][/size]
with a lick of common sense..........NOT SEE Eddie Kennison's involvement in the play?
And not see that Trent Green slide LATE!
No matter how many times you watch this....the picture doesn't change.[/quote]

[url="http://www.lance1530homer.com/blog.asp"]http://www.lance1530homer.com/blog.asp[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='337842' date='Sep 12 2006, 09:58 AM']Hey Steggy !

Lance McAlister has a link to your YouTube video of the hit on Green
up on his blog.
[url="http://www.lance1530homer.com/blog.asp"]http://www.lance1530homer.com/blog.asp[/url][/quote]
Wow, I've gone big-time now!
:headbang:

[quote name='SportsFan' post='337740' date='Sep 11 2006, 11:55 PM']Because I'm having fun.

Bung: that means I am having a good time, kinda like when you eat crayons during art class.[/quote]

I like eating crayons, as they have a veritable plethora of flavors to titillate the pustules on my tongue.
And 2+2 still equates to a troll that misrepresented himself in order to try to draw the ire of bengals fans on our message board. Wow, you caught me in a moment of weakness while I was imbibing some hearty ale....I actually was starting to believe your bullshit!
:lmao:

You know, the wierdest part of that play, is the direction that the defensive end Geathers hit Green from. He didn't hit from the side the way you would expect from a pursuing defensive lineman. You saw Peko leap over the pile from that direction. Geathers hit Green straight-on from the opposite direction. He looked like a 280 pound secondary player. Simmons blitzed from the middle on the play, did Geathers drop back in coverage?

[quote name='dex' post='337857' date='Sep 12 2006, 10:20 AM']You know, the wierdest part of that play, is the direction that the defensive end Geathers hit Green from. He didn't hit from the side the way you would expect from a pursuing defensive lineman. You saw Peko leap over the pile from that direction. Geathers hit Green straight-on from the opposite direction. He looked like a 280 pound secondary player. Simmons blitzed from the middle on the play, did Geathers drop back in coverage?[/quote]

Good point...and it's probably why Trent slid late.

It's much easier to elude a defender that's running full-bore toward you, than one that's slowing down a bit to account any of your changes in direction. So in a play like this, you would expect that any secondary players approaching you from head-on would slow down a bit (notice that Joseph is doing just that in the video just prior to Trent's slide). Geathers didn't slow down, and thus "got there" sooner than Trent expected...therefore, a late slide.

Guest SportsFan
[quote name='BengalsCat' post='337828' date='Sep 12 2006, 08:39 AM']are you still here??? SHOO

Go Rub down Kyle Turley back or something. I am sure its awfly sore after that asswoopin[/quote]

Turleys back isn't sore. That would mean he was in front of the opposing player and getting knock on it. I think our offensive line were practicing for bull fighting with all the "ole" moves getting out of the way. But I'll take your word on what needs to be done after receiving an asswoopin. Sound as if you have experience recovering from them.

[quote name='SportsFan' post='337913' date='Sep 12 2006, 09:24 AM']Turleys back isn't sore. That would mean he was in front of the opposing player and getting knock on it. I think our offensive line were practicing for bull fighting with all the "ole" moves getting out of the way. But I'll take your word on what needs to be done after receiving an asswoopin. Sound as if you have experience recovering from them.[/quote]
Ahhh, my verbal jousting companion has roused himself from the ashes like a phoenix!

[b]I used to sell fine wine for a living, this is one of the reasons I chose this name (and because I thought it was funny)
From the ubiqutous Wikipedia:[/b]

A bunghole is a hole bored in a liquid-tight barrel. The hole is capped with a large cork-like object called a bung.

Bungholes were first used on wooden barrels, and were typically bored by the purchaser of the barrel using a brace and bit. Bungholes can be bored in either head (end) of a barrel or in one of the staves (side). With the bung removed, a tapered faucet can be attached to aid with dispensing. When barrels full of a commodity were shipped, the recipient would often bore new bungholes of the most suitable size and placement rather than remove the existing bung. Wooden barrels manufactured by specialty firms today usually are bored by the maker with suitable bungholes, since the hobbyists who purchase them for the making of beer, wine, and fermented foods often do not have a suitable brace and bit.

Closed-head steel barrels and drums now used for shipment of chemicals and petroleum products have a standardized bunghole arrangement, with one 2" NPT and one 3/4" NPT threaded bunghole on opposite sides of the top head. Some steel barrels are also equipped with a 2" threaded bunghole on the side.

In his (arguably) most famous work, Hamlet, William Shakespeare makes a passing reference to bungholes, as Hamlet contemplates the skull of his old friend Yorick, and how even such high mortals as Alexander the Great must inevitably return to lowly dust:

Hamlet: [i]To what base uses we may return, Horatio! Why may not imagination trace the noble dust of Alexander, till he find it stopping a bung-hole? [/i]
Horatio: [i]'Twere to consider too curiously, to consider so.[/i]
Hamlet: [i]No, faith, not a jot; but to follow him thither with modesty enough, and likelihood to lead it: as thus: Alexander died, Alexander was buried, Alexander returneth into dust; the dust is earth; of earth we make loam; and why of that loam, whereto he was converted, might they not stop a beer-barrel? [/i]

A bunghole can also refer to a close knit group of confidants (i.e. a "circle of trust"), members of which can be trusted with sensitive information not deemed appropriate for those outside the bunghole

[b]And "Bunghole" is also a derogatory term for the hapless Cincinnati Bengals of the 1992-2001 era, which is another reason why I chose the name.[/b]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='337925' date='Sep 12 2006, 10:30 AM']Im moving this thread into the trashtalk area as it really isnt about football anymore. I'd ban Sportsfan just on the basis that he's a liar, but I think a few are having too much fun making him look foolish.[/quote]

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!! You banned me? SportsFan? And after all the promises not to do so. How Rude!!!

Guest schotzee

[quote name='How Rude' post='337986' date='Sep 12 2006, 12:10 PM']I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!! You banned me? SportsFan? And after all the promises not to do so. How Rude!!![/quote]
You deserve to be banned .You don't listen.And,let me ask you this,honestly,would you have even considered the hit from Geathers as anything but a DE trying to stop a scrambling QB from getting a first down if Green jumped right back up :o ?

[quote name='How Rude' post='337986' date='Sep 12 2006, 12:10 PM']I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!! You banned me? SportsFan? And after all the promises not to do so. How Rude!!![/quote]

1. I never promised not to ban you, I just thought others were having enough fun with you that I wouldnt, but there was no promise made to you to not ban you.

2. I didnt ban you, that was done by someone else.

3. I'm banning you now though :wave:

Archived