would you take double face value

[quote name='ncBengal' post='529269' date='Aug 17 2007, 03:43 PM'][color="#FF0000"]Problem is it's from a Stoolers fan![/color] I cant bring myself to do this for any amount of money!
Why cant I get offers like that from Cardinals fans???[/quote]

:angry:

At least your not trying to get that from bengals fans. -_-

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='529271' date='Aug 17 2007, 03:47 PM']:angry:

At least your not trying to get that from bengals fans. -_-[/quote]

Just for the record, I'm not trying to sell any tickets, these guys came to me and offered 2x face. Like I said,if it were anyone but the Stoolers I'd have to condider it ...

[quote name='ncBengal' post='529280' date='Aug 17 2007, 03:58 PM']Just for the record, I'm not trying to sell any tickets, these guys came to me and offered 2x face. Like I said,if it were anyone but the Stoolers I'd have to condider it ...[/quote]

oh i agree, i'd do it too if it werent a steAlers fan.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='529271' date='Aug 17 2007, 03:47 PM']:angry:

At least your not trying to get that from bengals fans. -_-[/quote]
go ahead and take stabs you jerk, act like i give a shit what you think of me. i am better than that.

anywho i personally wouldnt sell them to stealers fans, but that is just me.
and if anyone is interested i have 3 tickets available for 70 a piece to tomorrow nights saints game.
pm me if you want them

btw jaime, these tickets are stickered at 63 each. so you can buy me a drank........

[quote name='runrudirun' post='529399' date='Aug 17 2007, 07:46 PM']go ahead and take stabs you jerk, act like i give a shit what you think of me. i am better than that.

and if anyone is interested i have 3 tickets available for 70 a piece to tomorrow nights saints game.
pm me if you want them

btw jaime, these tickets are stickered at 63 each. so you can buy me a drank........[/quote]
Man, I don't know about your motivation. I haven't investigated ticket prices on Ebay, etc so your claims may be true, but selling at twice face value to Bengals fans seems pretty steep, and like it's more of an economic decision than a fan-based one.
Why own season tickets to sell for that kind of money if you can't afford them for yourself in the first place?
Did you buy them solely for the purpose of making a profit?

[quote name='runrudirun' post='529399' date='Aug 17 2007, 09:46 PM']go ahead and take stabs you jerk, act like i give a shit what you think of me. i am better than that.

pm me if you want them

btw jaime, these tickets are stickered at 63 each. so you can buy me a drank........[/quote]

I wasnt the one trying to pull the fast one, good luck with selling them though.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='529404' date='Aug 17 2007, 09:53 PM']Man, I don't know about your motivation. I haven't investigated ticket prices on Ebay, etc so your claims may be true, but selling at twice face value to Bengals fans seems pretty steep, and like it's more of an economic decision than a fan-based one.
Why own season tickets to sell for that kind of money if you can't afford them for yourself in the first place?
Did you buy them solely for the purpose of making a profit?[/quote]
yes and to pay for the other seats we own. see i have these 4 together and i have 4 others on the waiting list.
so therefore when i do move to club, those seats will pay for my club seats. but see, some folk dont understand
the business side of my askings. i dont put them on stub hub or ebay, because even if it says they are from
cincinnati doesnt mean they are cincy fans. And i believe if anyone else had the money and smarts to do the same
they would definately let someone else pay for their tickets..........right???

[quote name='runrudirun' post='529414' date='Aug 17 2007, 08:02 PM']yes and to pay for the other seats we own. see i have these 4 together and i have 4 others on the waiting list.
so therefore when i do move to club, those seats will pay for my club seats. but see, some folk dont understand
the business side of my askings. i dont put them on stub hub or ebay, because even if it says they are from
cincinnati doesnt mean they are cincy fans. And i believe if anyone else had the money and smarts to do the same
they would definately let someone else pay for their tickets..........right???[/quote]
It reminds me of selling 3/4 of an ounce of weed for the price of an ounce to get a free 1/4 bag....
Necessary? No, but common, probably.
Why didn't you just buy the club seats outright? Bought some less-worthy seats and now you want to upgrade?
I am not trying to be a dick, I want to understand what is behind your specific situation.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='529431' date='Aug 17 2007, 10:21 PM']It reminds me of selling 3/4 of an ounce of weed for the price of an ounce to get a free 1/4 bag....
Necessary? No, but common, probably.
Why didn't you just buy the club seats outright? Bought some less-worthy seats and now you want to upgrade?
I am not trying to be a dick, I want to understand what is behind your specific situation.[/quote]
because if i just bought the club seats i wouldnt own 8 other seats, just like when companies buy a row or two,
then give or sell them to others. kinda how kissfm owns several seats at riverbend.
bunghole it is all business

I'd sell them to whomever. At the end of the day what affect does a pair of Steelers fans have on the game?? The "12th man"....I know, I know...if everyone thought like that then it would be full of Steeler fans. I will be honest and say that I have season tickets for 3 years now and live in Miami. I've gone to Cincy twice and plan on going every couple of years, but in the meantime, I sell them to make my money back. I'm not looking for much of a profit if any. I just like to be assured a good seat for whatever game I choose to attend and get first crack at playoff games for face value. I have gone to one Bengals game for the last 5 years (Texans @ PBS 2003, Dolphins @ PBS 2004, @ Jax 2005, @ TB 2006, and this year @ Mia). The extra money I make on the tickets funds the rest of my trip.

Call me what you want, but I anticipated the stadium selling out and bought the tickets in order to be able to feasibly travel to PBS for a game. It makes a big difference adding the extra couple hundred dollars for a pair of tickets on eBay.

[quote name='runrudirun' post='529399' date='Aug 17 2007, 09:46 PM']go ahead and take stabs you jerk, act like i give a shit what you think of me. i am better than that.

pm me if you want them

Tickets for tomorrow are going for like $30 plus shipping a set.... good luck getting 70 a piece

[quote name='runrudirun' post='529445' date='Aug 17 2007, 08:42 PM']because if i just bought the club seats i wouldnt own 8 other seats, just like when companies buy a row or two,
then give or sell them to others. kinda how kissfm owns several seats at riverbend.
bunghole it is all business[/quote]
Fair enough I guess. Based off the initial reaction to your ticket prices that you are requesting, you probably won't get many, if any, takers on here though.

[quote name='jza10304' post='529452' date='Aug 17 2007, 10:49 PM']I'd sell them to whomever. At the end of the day what affect does a pair of Steelers fans have on the game?? The "12th man"....I know, I know...if everyone thought like that then it would be full of Steeler fans. I will be honest and say that I have season tickets for 3 years now and live in Miami. I've gone to Cincy twice and plan on going every couple of years, but in the meantime, I sell them to make my money back. I'm not looking for much of a profit if any. I just like to be assured a good seat for whatever game I choose to attend and get first crack at playoff games for face value. I have gone to one Bengals game for the last 5 years (Texans @ PBS 2003, Dolphins @ PBS 2004, @ Jax 2005, @ TB 2006, and this year @ Mia). The extra money I make on the tickets funds the rest of my trip.

[color="#FF0000"]Call me what you want[/color], but I anticipated the stadium selling out and bought the tickets in order to be able to feasibly travel to PBS for a game. It makes a big difference adding the extra couple hundred dollars for a pair of tickets on eBay.[/quote]

smart

this thread is funny, double face value for upper deck non 50 yardline seats is unlikely except the MNF games, ebay will get you better and cheaper seats. away fans are always willing to pay more for tickets to make the trip worth it. i pondered doing what runrudirun is doing but doidnt have the money, tho i dont think double face value is a logical starting point, $25 profit per ticket would land you decent profit PLUS quick easy sales of them, probably putting MNF and pitt games on ebay. frankly, if the bengals are good, not many fans are going to sell the pitt tickets cause they wanna go, the lame ass steelers fans havent had a decent showing at PBS since 2003. i have photos of each game to prove it. so who cares.

if you wanna make big profits, a group of "friends" isnt a likely place to score a big profit. and if your gonna do fans and people favors with cheap tickets obviously you take care of your own bengals fans and friends. if i got another pair of my same area seats, $73 a pop i'd sell them for $90-95 a game, making my own tickets a huge discount, the profit from those would make MY ticket $35-ish dollars as the person who goes with me would get no discount :D but doubel face is a bit far fetched. especially for upper deck seats.. i would ahve a hard time paying more than $10-15 over face value for upper deck seats anywhere, including Pittsburgh or Cleveland or Baltimore.

but like someone just said, if you wanna make profits, fine, but not everyone is going to respect your intentions, and there is nothing wrong with either side. afterall there is a group of college students or newly weds who cant afford to attend games cause someone owns 20 season tickets and sells them for twice the value. when ticket packs were available some a hole ticker broker spent over an hour at the ticket window buying 50+ packs. pissed everyone off.

making money is fine, but dont expect backlash from those who want tickets too. and now cant afford to go.

its your right to do it, and their right to be mad about it.

it would depend on the situation... if i were a season ticket holder and knew alot of fans in my section, i would probably let them go for 4x face value and make sure that the fans around him made his visit a living hell! and that would be the only way

my tickets for the MNF home opener was 400 dollars for two tickets section 156 row 21. i dont see whats wrong with making a few bones when you have people like me who wll pay that much for tix. but to answer the thread i wouldnt sell my tix to steely mcbeam fans.

pm me if you want them

I gave mine away to a buddy who could not afford them...his kids have never been to a game.

[quote name='runrudirun' post='529474' date='Aug 17 2007, 11:25 PM']the tickets are priced by the market value. sorry for taking over your post nc.
they will sell. it just may take some time. realize we are selling these seats as a set[/quote]

Hey RRR, I dont know what happened for you to get dragged in but it sounds like theres a history here :o
I have no problem with anyone getting what they can when they sell thier tickets, as I always say, it's a fair deal as long as both parties agree. I just remember going to Bengals games and being outnumbered by Stealer fans by what seemed like 2-1. I remember them trashing Riverfront one year by tipping over trashcans and picking fights with whoever they could. Not good times and I'll be damned if I will EVER let a Stealer fan get a hold of my tickets! Any other game? Let the bidding begin!!

Archived