Madden Question

Feels like roster update with shinier uniforms. I played it for five minutes and decided I had seen it all before. :(
John Madden is STILL not in the game. I can't believe that three versions of this crap have been released with no Madden. False Advertising!

[quote name='sois' post='531140' date='Aug 21 2007, 10:38 AM']John Madden is STILL not in the game. I can't believe that three versions of this crap have been released with no Madden. False Advertising![/quote]

I love the switch to the radio style broadcast. I was sick of hearing the same old maddenisms.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='531104' date='Aug 21 2007, 09:16 AM']for those of you madden officionados, how much better is Madden 08 than Madden 07?
I'm thinking about getting my first Madden game but don't want to shell out $60 for '08 if I'll be just as happy shelling out $30 for '07.
Thoughts?[/quote]

what system do you own? The difference in the next gen systems is well worth the extra $$$. I cant speak for the ps2 or xbox versions. also if you are going to buy 07 you should get it on ebay, i have seen copies going for under $10

[quote name='whodey24k' post='531175' date='Aug 21 2007, 11:35 AM']I love the switch to the radio style broadcast. I was sick of hearing the same old maddenisms.[/quote]

"If they would have gotten the first down on third down, they wouldn't have to go for it on fourth down"....

no fucking shit john <= i always caught myself saying this...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='531245' date='Aug 21 2007, 01:17 PM']"If they would have gotten the first down on third down, they wouldn't have to go for it on fourth down"....
no fucking shit john <= i always caught myself saying this...[/quote]
"Ladanian Tomlinson is a great back..if i had to choose one back i might just choose him!"

X2.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='531105' date='Aug 21 2007, 09:19 AM']oh yea, and keep in mind this is coming for someone who still loves his NCAA 2003 version of football. :lol:[/quote]

you should pick up a 360. they are what, like $250 these days... well worth it.

[quote name='sois' post='531140' date='Aug 21 2007, 10:38 AM']Feels like roster update with shinier uniforms. I played it for five minutes [b]and decided I had seen it all before.[/b] :(
John Madden is STILL not in the game. I can't believe that three versions of this crap have been released with no Madden. False Advertising![/quote]

i dont get it, did you expect it to be a baseball game all the sudden? its football, its always going to be football, they improved graphics, running motion, tackling motions, throwing motion and ball in air realisticness, halftime highlights, gave special skills to many players on both sides of the ball for gameplanning.... what were you looking for?

[quote name='whodey24k' post='531175' date='Aug 21 2007, 11:35 AM']I love the switch to the radio style broadcast. I was sick of hearing the same old maddenisms.[/quote]

yea, madden is an annoying cocksucker...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='531613' date='Aug 22 2007, 10:16 AM']i played a little bit to check it out yesterday, and on the PC version i still heard madden... wtf, i was pumped to not have to hear his ass again... :rabbitwithapancakeonitshead:[/quote]
there are a couple different things on my game. When i play online its the radio thing and if i play superstar its madden sometimes but not all the time.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='531594' date='Aug 22 2007, 09:18 AM']I have a newborn and no job. -_-[/quote]

yea, i feel ya, i have a newborn a 2 yr old and a wife on maternity leave with zero income from here for 4 more weeks. but i got mine long ago when i wasnt broke.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='531642' date='Aug 22 2007, 11:04 AM']For PS3, I'm not impressed. I hear great things about the 360 version, and PS2 will probably be like recent PS2 outputs.[/quote]
yea there is a video comparing the two. sidee by side, huge difference in color and quality

[quote name='GoBengals' post='531726' date='Aug 22 2007, 01:28 PM']yea, i feel ya, i have a newborn a 2 yr old and a wife on maternity leave with zero income from here for 4 more weeks. but i got mine long ago when i wasnt broke.
yea there is a video comparing the two. sidee by side, huge difference in color and quality[/quote]
ever see any comparisons between them and PC? I never had any sports games on PC but i bought 08 and its sick. Not sure if it does it on other systems but the game never loads. I click play and i just start playing

[quote name='whodey319' post='531737' date='Aug 22 2007, 01:50 PM']ever see any comparisons between them and PC? I never had any sports games on PC but i bought 08 and its sick. Not sure if it does it on other systems but the game never loads. I click play and i just start playing[/quote]

its loads initially when the game starts, for about 8 seconds then again when you pick teh teams adn it laods the game intro for about 3 seconds.. but thats it.

Ok, picking up my copy for the 360 today. I've never bought/played it before so you all should have some fun beating my ass as I try to learn to play this weekend.

Figure by sometime next week I should know the controls good enough to play a game so I'll be looking out for someone to play then.

[quote name='RayDoggBengal' post='532850' date='Aug 24 2007, 12:24 PM']Ok, picking up my copy for the 360 today. I've never bought/played it before so you all should have some fun beating my ass as I try to learn to play this weekend.

Figure by sometime next week I should know the controls good enough to play a game so I'll be looking out for someone to play then.[/quote]

if you want some tips, we can play an unranked game and i can help you out over the headphones.

[quote name='Palmer4HOF' post='533016' date='Aug 24 2007, 05:46 PM']Bought the game today... get ready
sneaky... have you imported draft classes yet? If so could you PM me and send them over to me somehow so i can put them on my game?[/quote]

you have to import them when you start your dynasty. They is a scouting feature, where you pick which players for the upcoming draft you want to scout.

Archived