This is not a playoff team

I agree, as this team is once again snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. (Back to the pre-Marvin days)

Special Teams and turnovers killed us today.

The refs did not help either. But, if you have to count on the refs to win, you are either the pissburgh Superbowl team or probably really didn't deserve to win.

At this point, they really aren't. They lost to the Browns and a NFC team. They have no chance against the top notch AFC teams. If some of the linebackers get healthy and the special teams stop fin up ever game, then maybe. Maybe.

[quote name='Jungle1' post='555787' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:17 PM']I agree, as this team is once again snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. (Back to the pre-Marvin days)

Special Teams and turnovers killed us today.

The refs did not help either. But, if you have to count on the refs to win, you are either the pissburgh Superbowl team or probably really didn't deserve to win.[/quote]

last week the defense let us down, this week it was the offense. There is absolutely no reason we didn't score at least 30 in this game.

I still think we can be a playoff team though. Guys are getting healthy and our last 8 games are pretty easy.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='555804' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:19 PM']last week the defense let us down, this week it was the offense. There is absolutely no reason we didn't score at least 30 in this game.
I still think we can be a playoff team though. Guys are getting healthy and our last 8 games are pretty easy.[/quote]

Finally someone who noticed the schedule

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

I am so pissed right now. I simply cannot believe how we let this one get away, we had it right in our hands!
Winning a tight game against a quality opponent at hom wuold have been HUGE!
Instead, we are 1-2 and now staring straight down the barrel of a nearly unstoppable NE team on MNF...
FUCKING GREAT!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

[quote name='BrassBengal' post='555809' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:21 PM']Finally someone who noticed the schedule

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img][/quote]

I'm so sick of being the type of team that has to lean on an easy schedule to be able to maybe squeak into the playoffs. Why can't we just finally be a good team who doesn't consistantly blow games and just walk into the playoffs?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='555822' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:25 PM']I am so pissed right now.[b] I simply cannot believe how we let this one get away, we had it right in our hands![/b]
Instead, we are 1-2 and now staring straight down the barrel of a nearly unstoppable NE team on MNF...
FUCKING GREAT!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:[/quote]

this one hurt more than last week.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='555804' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:19 PM']last week the defense let us down, this week it was the offense. There is absolutely no reason we didn't score at least 30 in this game.
I still think we can be a playoff team though. Guys are getting healthy and our last 8 games are pretty easy.[/quote]

easy?? nothing is easy in this league.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='555822' date='Sep 23 2007, 07:25 PM']I am so pissed right now. I simply cannot believe how we let this one get away, we had it right in our hands!
FUCKING GREAT!
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:[/quote]

dont forget they lost to ARIZONA

[quote name='ncBengal' post='555875' date='Sep 23 2007, 05:35 PM']dont forget they lost to ARIZONA[/quote]
Not as bad of a team as you want to portray. And that matters not...we should have won.
Our inconsistency is going to cost us for sure....but 8-8 is more believable than 4-12...we have too many offensive weapons for that.

Archived